ErikH

Reaction score
Currently on my 3rd season with Sevilla playing 4-3-3 flat midfield and two wingers.

With January coming up, Thiago has been transfer listed at 32 million € and has agreed to a contract with me. I'm not sure whether to get him or not. Current lineup looks like:

AF: Negredo
LW: Lamela
RW: Navas

Adv. Playmaker: Isco
Deeplying playermaker: Strootman
Center midfield support: Wanyama/Kondogbia

Would it become a too "weak" (meaning not enough physical presence) midfield to put him in the center midfield support? Another option would be selling Strootman come summer and acquire a more defensive type midfield like Romulo if I can offload 2-3 players.

Thoughts? I'm not really interested in playing inside forwards as I don't feel they work optimally with the match engine or else it would be an option to play Isco and Lamela as inside forwards with Thiago in the advanced playmaker slot..

If you was to bring him in. Id look for a good physical midfielder to play as a DM or a CM set as Defence

Play him as a CM support, and make Wanyama a Defensive Mid or DLP support?

Bought him and will try Strootman/Wanyama as the DLP Defend. Wanyama just has ****-poor passing attributes.. Romulo or Capoue would be the best in that position. Thanks for the advice both of you!