Things they just can't get right in Football Manager Series

leinsterrugby

Banned
Reaction score
First off I've been playing footie management games since lma 01, then onto championship manager 02/03 and every fm since it first came out, i like the games but at same time there is stuff that really annoys me every year, basic stuff that they should be trying to resolve rather than implenting more pointless features. Well when I say basic perhaps not in a game creation world it's basic but in actual management which this game bases itself on.
The big thing has to be the AI, when it comes to tactics and stuff it's normally grand, I wouldn't fault it anyway, some managers make some strange decisions with team selection but that can be overlooked(well except the time in fm 11 when anzhi were second in the league with 2 games to go and then for some reason the manager decided to just not play any of the star players and ended up gettin beat at home 5-0 by Sibir on final day but thats for another day..)

The problem with AI is that it just makes some scandalous transfer signings, sure things like that happen in real life but they normally follow a pattern, a player shows unreal form so he's bought by a big club for millions but in FM it appears the AI just buys players for the sake of it, with absolutely no consideration for SQUAD BUILDING...Why year after year do we see the likes of Real Madrid buy a million strikers only for them to never be seen again. In FM11 we had the curious case of Chris Wood, the WBA player, for some unknown reason every big club signs him in the game usually Barcelona, in the editor I significant disimproved his stats and he was still signed by Barcelona.
Another thing is the manager appointments in the game they just don't add up what so ever. I've deleted games where Steve Kean has become Chelsea boss in disgust for the game.

it's a game made of complex equations and logical statements so these things are to be expected. what you're asking is to give the computers common sense. don't think SI is rich enough to develop a program like that.