Callender4

Reaction score
I am thinking of having a go at managing a MLS team, what is the budget like with teams over there?

best tactics to use?

The transfer policy is very very annoying imo something like players wages can't be over a certain cap. I dont know the transfer budgets but im guessing there quite poor.

I had ago, and quit quickly, most teams have rubbish budgets but some transfers work differently, I got confused with the MLS

But good luck :)

First, you can't really "buy" players from fellow MLS teams, you're only allowed to trade!

You can buy players from abroad but generally MLS teams don't have much budget (maybe LA galaxy do), so usually you must look for free signings.

Playing MLS is fun because of its unique format and rules (played a couple of seasons with Toronto) but it's really hard to develop your own youth products (due to squad restrictions) and that kinda spoiled it for me.

I tried it once and quit. Too confusing with draft players and everything else.

Some of the budgets were a few million though, not much more.

most USA sports have a budget cap in order for small market teams to compete. Baseball doesn't have a cap, and is usually dominated by New York, Philadelphia, and California teams who get loads of cash from TV and marketing that small cities can't get.

Drafting is another idea that promotes equality. The worst team gets to pick the best young player in hopes that he will help the team improve.

sounds like its gonna be a good challenge! but I managed to win the League Cup in my second season with West Ham so I like a challenge!

most USA sports have a budget cap in order for small market teams to compete. Baseball doesn't have a cap, and is usually dominated by New York, Philadelphia, and California teams who get loads of cash from TV and marketing that small cities can't get.

Drafting is another idea that promotes equality. The worst team gets to pick the best young player in hopes that he will help the team improve.

Like in NBA: John wall got drafted to the Wizards

well i won the MLS in my first attempt but got sacked when i applied for a few jobs in europe! overall the mls wasnt as good as i thought it would be!

the mls is a bit annoying in games like this(salary cap for example) but overall i think it makesthe game funner(they should really allow you edit the cap tho in editor, i mean its only a game like a bit of fun) i like playin within the confines of a cap but its far too small, but thats not the problem. si obviously dont pay much attention to mls, the game after about 3 years id say becomes unplayable. they dont get the regen system right for the us at all. much greater effort needs to go into it. look at the img academy for example, that thing has been so important for us football, the ammount of graduates is absolutely sick and gives an indication why america has a chance to be a world football superpower in 20 years, but yet it doesnt exist in the game. i can only imagine how many players this academy has supplied to the mls let alone leagues in europe

the mls also highlights how poor ai is in the game

Last edited: