Status
Not open for further replies.
The tactic doesn't though does it? 19 long shots from 34 is a big warning sign. If there is an underlying tactical issue, its not the game to blame.

Where the game does fall down is that it needs a proper "manual" in the form of TT&F 10, but slimmed down.

You missed out the fact that the ME has removed many of the flaws from previous FM engines. The explanation in truth has been given to you by several other people, that your current approach is most likely not upto scratch, and that the tactic isnt up to scratch. You really should post your team instructions and player instructions up.
Ok, putting my magnanimous hat on for a sec, so I've made a tactic that's not up to scratch, fine, it won't be the last time that happens. How can we explain the very same tactic (with tweaks) winning somewhere near a dozen trophies on FM11, 12 and 13 including 2 EPL's and 1 CL with Leeds and 1 EPL with Arsenal on this version? All with the large amount of long shots btw.

I'm getting sidetracked anyway because my issue isn't with my own tactics not working correctly, even if that my be true, my issue is with how the game is exploiting this by having 1 shot on goal and scoring. I suppose you could say my issue is with the ratio of shots converted by the AI being far, far too high compared to the player. I don't believe this can be down to tactics as the chances are being created at the right end and denied at the other. I can't see what else can be done tactically, other than cut down on long shots, but how will that solve the AI scoring from every single sight of goal, even if it's only one?

Ok, putting my magnanimous hat on for a sec, so I've made a tactic that's not up to scratch, fine, it won't be the last time that happens. How can we explain the very same tactic (with tweaks) winning somewhere near a dozen trophies on FM11, 12 and 13 including 2 EPL's and 1 CL with Leeds and 1 EPL with Arsenal on this version? All with the large amount of long shots btw.

I'm getting sidetracked anyway because my issue isn't with my own tactics not working correctly, even if that my be true, my issue is with how the game is exploiting this by having 1 shot on goal and scoring. I suppose you could say my issue is with the ratio of shots converted by the AI being far, far too high compared to the player. I don't believe this can be down to tactics as the chances are being created at the right end and denied at the other. I can't see what else can be done tactically, other than cut down on long shots, but how will that solve the AI scoring from every single sight of goal, even if it's only one?

It almost always comes down to tactics and players. Nearly every time i see this that player has been sucker punched on the counter

The AI doesn't score from every single shot, unless that one or two shots you are giving up are high quality ones, usually on the counter.

Its not just cutting down long shots. Excess long shots are a symptom of other issues. 19 from 34 says there is an issue, repeatedly having similar stats says its systemic

The bold isn't actually true. The match engine is the same, and the player has the advantage of being human, and thus having more tools. Typically when you look at the shots to goals rates, players are usually better off ( we actually did a long analysis of this in FM). As players have more freedom on what they use, they have more scope for better results, and more scope to balls things up. Anything the AI can do, you can do better.

Its not about the quantity of chances, but the quality.

AS I've said before, without seeing how you are set up, there isn't much more that can be said, other than the general advice already given

Last edited:
Well I've settled on this particular tactic after many months of struggling to make FM13 work. I've tested most of the top download tactics off this site on a few top, middle and lower league teams all without the slightest bit of success. That's on top of the dozens of my own tactics made and tested and tactics bible's read. All these approaches have failed utterly apart from this tactic. I've a pretty good idea of the deficiencies in the tactic that cause the excessive number of long shots in some games and I'm 100% certain that it will do nothing to stop these stupid games happening in between the otherwise good results. None of the examples you cite above apply to my game, if they did I would have fixed the problem long ago I've seen all the same problems you have and I know how different this is.

TBH, as you've alluded to, I don't think you can help, which is fine, I didn't post looking for help anyway, I posted more to complain than anything else. It helps me get over knowing I've bought a permanently unfinished game again for another year.

Well, seeing as this is just a complaint thread, it can duly be closed

Use the frustration thread for further ranting.

Status
Not open for further replies.