Would you recommend this tactic when you're being the underdog?

the tactic in the OP is still with 3 central defenders

You got to be kiddin! How can you score 46 goals and still win the Championship?! :) It looks great. I have always been attracted by a defensive line using WBs and a libero, although when I played like that, the libero always had lower grades than the 2 CBs. And I like more the way Brasil played at World Cup 2002 using WBs and 3 central defenders. In this scenario, using your tactic with a libero, would it be a mistake to play both the CBs with stopper duty? I did, and the defence was not better than when I used a stopper/cover pair.

You got to be kiddin! How can you score 46 goals and still win the Championship?! :) It looks great. I have always been attracted by a defensive line using WBs and a libero, although when I played like that, the libero always had lower grades than the 2 CBs. And I like more the way Brasil played at World Cup 2002 using WBs and 3 central defenders. In this scenario, using your tactic with a libero, would it be a mistake to play both the CBs with stopper duty? I did, and the defence was not better than when I used a stopper/cover pair.

it works for me but depends on what defenders you have I have had a lot more clean sheets using both cover

not complaining cause the tactic is clearly extremely effective but why have you used zonal? wasn't one of the main elements of Catenaccio man marking

not complaining cause the tactic is clearly extremely effective but why have you used zonal? wasn't one of the main elements of Catenaccio man marking

ive all ways used zonal seems to work with this tactic

I followed your idea with 3 players in the centre and it worked better than my previous tactics involving a libero/sweeper. Also, I was wrong before putting the AP with a support duty, and for the first time I used a simple Central Midfielder with great succes. I won 13 games with 1 - 0, and I managed to keep a clean sheet 26 times out of 38. I also used the same tactic but with attacking instructions and I would have scored more I guess, but Adebayor and Defoe proved to be 2 natural disasters. I was also wrong playing the 2 central defenders as stoppers with zonal marking. This time I used a LD with Defend Duty and man marking, and always this one had the highest rating of all defenders.

View attachment 371395View attachment 371396View attachment 371397

As a curiosity, the libero (Jan Vertonghen) and the sweeper (Mateo Musacchio) always had lower ratings compared to the other 2 defenders. Musacchio was actually the player with the lowest rating of the whole team at the end of the season. Am I doing something wrong or it is the position itself that does not call for high ratings?

PS: since I need a new striker for the upcoming season, Neymar or Lewandowski?

I followed your idea with 3 players in the centre and it worked better than my previous tactics involving a libero/sweeper. Also, I was wrong before putting the AP with a support duty, and for the first time I used a simple Central Midfielder with great succes. I won 13 games with 1 - 0, and I managed to keep a clean sheet 26 times out of 38. I also used the same tactic but with attacking instructions and I would have scored more I guess, but Adebayor and Defoe proved to be 2 natural disasters. I was also wrong playing the 2 central defenders as stoppers with zonal marking. This time I used a LD with Defend Duty and man marking, and always this one had the highest rating of all defenders.

only just seen this sorry fo the late reply only just looked at my threads this has been a good tactic this year might try recreate it on fm14 on the beta Lewandowski would be better cheaper two.
View attachment 371395View attachment 371396View attachment 371397

As a curiosity, the libero (Jan Vertonghen) and the sweeper (Mateo Musacchio) always had lower ratings compared to the other 2 defenders. Musacchio was actually the player with the lowest rating of the whole team at the end of the season. Am I doing something wrong or it is the position itself that does not call for high ratings?

PS: since I need a new striker for the upcoming season, Neymar or Lewandowski?