This is why we can't have nice things [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissy Ross

Reaction score
Chrissy Dude uploaded This is why we can't have nice things

I hate myself for this.

Here is the scumbag tactic for all. Instructions given in the accompanying video.

4231.png

Instructions on how to use.

Plug and play shouldn't really be a thing in FM20. I don't think it's the best way of playing the game and I don't think it gets the best results but here is my attempt at a plug and play tactic regardless, as alot of people have been asking me to do one. It uses what i see as best practice from other tactics like advanced forwards, wide play and the throw in set piece (which I hate copying over but **** it, it is effective) and my own ideas on what works best in game. This is NOT a replication of any ideas about football, or any real life tactic. It is merely what I think works best in the game. That is all.

The following is a rough guide;

- If a player is sent off take off the AMC

- If you are an exceptional underdog (like have virtually no chance) put the AMC in the DMC position and assign as an Anchor man.

- Against face pacey forwards......................pray, because if they are quicker than your defenders, your probably done for regardless.

Team talks and shouts

In terms of instructions pre-halftime and post game I generally say nothing before the game or “I expect to keep this good run going”, if things are not going well or we are underdogs i'll every 15 minutes "Demand More" as a shout. At halftime i'd go assertive "I'm far from pleased with what I just saw from this team" if only up by two goals and aggressive "I'm far from pleased with what I just saw from this team" at halftime if only drawing or one goal up. If three goals up at halftime and/or after a win, i'd praise the team. For a more detailed explanation on team talks and shouts - https://www.guidetofm.com/match-day/team-talks/

Set pieces

There is no exploits, let the AI assign players for roles. I do not assign set piece takers and tbh as long as your FC or DC’s are not assigned to it naturally, the set pieces will work fine. There are no set set piece takers apart from throw in takers DL left and DR right.

Throw in's have been changed from the video to long throw in's as used by, well everyone.

Giving yourself the best chance of success in FM

To give yourself the best chance of winning you need a happy and fit squad. That means engaging with players and managing injuries. Ideally you should deal with any player issues etc to maintain morale and if you do not holiday between games and deal with player concerns you should achieve better results. If players are not performing, drop them and tell them why. Ideally you should never play a player below 90% condition and those with low percentage match sharpness should be eased in gently.

I keep my squads happy by playing my first team in the league and in Europe, with my second choice players playing in the cups or in league game I am an overwhelming favourite.

Last edited:
Training

The training schedules I will link here and the instructions I will give you below, I genuinely cannot see how you cannot win. – (Chrissy's Training Schedules)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zlocpjeecfctzwb/AACVJPZnj8n79P8Uqus6C43Ea?dl=0

Plug in the training schedule for pre-season (for 2/3 weeks) and when you have matches and for the rest of the season use the game week training schedule. Amend the game week schedule to include rest after every midweek game you have. Here is an example of this amended set up. Note the amendment to the day after the Liverpool game I have made focusing on rest. If you wish to keep your team in tiptop conditions to actually withstand the rigours of the season, you MUST do this after every game. As for the preseason and game week training schedules themselves, again I have looked at what other creators have made and decided they weren't ideal for long term progression, so I have created these two for you to plug and play with. If you have an international week or a holiday week with no games, fire in the preseason schedule to boost the physical stats.

In terms of individual training, do not set to positional training, the players will become more natural in the position purely by playing there repeatedly. Instead focus on making them more suitable for the position. As a rule of thumb for goalkeepers set training to either GK distribution short (if passing stat is low) or GK reactions if the passing stat is above 14. For all defenders set individual training to defensive positioning, for central midfielders set it to attacking movement, for wide midfielders set it to ball control or quickness (whatever stats need boosted the most - remember by hovering your mouse over the specific training you'll see what stats get aided by the training) and for strikers set training to final third or quickness. Set all of these on double intensity.

Remember after injuries though, you'll have to rest these individual settings (let them undertake general rehab always) and reset the double intensity. I guarantee you, you will see huge gains in player development of young to mid-20 aged players as a result and you'll maintain the stats of the senior players.

1594057678188.png

Coaches should set to be 5* if possible, with the training for each segment being light. At the prem level you really need it to be 4* minimum for players to develop properly in conjunction with the best training facilities you can get.

I would say having the best coaching, medical, sports science and scouting staff can only improve each department and give you an advantage. FM20 is a game where the more time you put in, the more you get out of it.

Training schedules (alternative view) – RDF also has training schedule set ups that are for 0,1 and 2 match weeks. I thoroughly recommend these as well as the guide he has written up as an alternative to what I have, if you want something more in depth.

https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/rdf-training-development-guide-schedules.163228/

Staff filters and Managing training

Choosing the correct Staff is important, therefore I have created a series of filters for you to use. Ideally you should have 5* coaches across all disciplines (or as best as you can get) with the training set as “light”. If it is heavy, you need to fix that ASAP. The following filters have pre-sets at 10/15 etc but just adapt to what works for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ge41dmq6gqbt56/AADjq5zJNmbvkRnsvNUVxJnZa?dl=0

Staff management - delegation of roles

1594057727828.png

Here is the roles I have, you can feasibly play the game quite well just using these. Delegate the rest. However, you may wish to micro manage, especially with regards to scouting and if so, then here is a usual link describing scouting and how to do it effectively, as well as another link all about youth development.

Scouting;

https://strikerless.com/category/scouting/

Youth Development;

https://theresonlyoneball.com/2020/06/25/football-manager-2020-youth-development/

Player Selection

This is hugely important. In a perfect world to make the best use of any tactic you need players that are up for it and are physically capable of lasting the 90+ minutes. Therefore, you need players that have a strong baseline of the following attributes - determination, anticipation, decisions, teamwork, work rate, stamina, acceleration, pace, natural fitness.

Obviously signing young players is preferable for development and reselling and also there are attributes for each position that are desirable as well, but ideally you want your baseline for those main stats to be above the average of your competitors in the competitions you are in in order to have any chance. A more detailed explanation of attributes can be found at the following link - Player attributes https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-player-attributes/

Player management is also important. Do not holiday between games, deal with player concerns and rotate and keep healthy players in the side at all times. Do not play a player if they are below 90% condition and substitute any injured or mildly injured players immediately. Likewise, if you can substitute any player going into the red zone of 50% condition. The stronger the baseline of the players, the less likely they will tire. I generally would never play a player with determination below 12/13 if I can help it at any level in the game. Determination is the one key stat I always put above others.

Well I am on twitch most evenings from 8pm til 11pm (GMT), so if you have any questions about the game, want a laugh whilst you play FM yourself or just want to chat and be part of what is becoming an awesome community then catch me there. I’ll be using these tactics on all my saves and I’m happy to give live feedback online to any questions you may have.

My twitch - Chrissy's Twitch

My Twitter – Chrissy's Twitter

My Facebook - Chrissy's Facebook

Any questions post here, I’ll try to get back to you when I can, or at the above!

Leave feedback below.

Attachments

• 1594057697962.png
    1594057697962.png
    748.3 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
I. Am. Confused.
By looking at the title i honestly thought it was going to be a rant about how someone stole your tactics or was mocking you ?
But **** i'm gonna give this a try with Feyenoord in my 2nd season, won the league and the Europa League using my own tweak of TFF's Annihilator.

Would like to give this a go, but could you please enlarge those screenshots ? Especially Staff management and training. Thank you!

I. Am. Confused.
By looking at the title i honestly thought it was going to be a rant about how someone stole your tactics or was mocking you ?
But **** i'm gonna give this a try with Feyenoord in my 2nd season, won the league and the Europa League using my own tweak of TFF's Annihilator.

Could you post your tweak you made ?

Okay, so the feedback for this has been very positive. How we all finding it over here?

Changed the tactic within the season. I will post something after 10 Games.

Okay, so the feedback for this has been very positive. How we all finding it over here?
So far so good mate! Only defeat was to Barca, but with Feyenoord, that's like stopping a train with a feather.

Attachments

• FeyS2211020.jpg
    FeyS2211020.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 432
Hi Chris - loved the 442, used it with Millwall and had a couple of really great seasons (won champ and 10th place finish with NO signings), but intrigued by this. Will this work with weaker/ lower league teams?

Hi Chris - loved the 442, used it with Millwall and had a couple of really great seasons (won champ and 10th place finish with NO signings), but intrigued by this. Will this work with weaker/ lower league teams?

It's specifically designed to work with underdogs, LLM sides. Doing an offline save myself with Queen's Park in Scotland

If you want an alternative to this tactic, then use this version -

Attachments

• Chrissy Ross's Final 442.fmf
    45.7 KB · Views: 196
This is what i got so far in my games.
Lost against Ajax was unlucky and the tie against Tillburg was about unable to score once but had many many chances.

Screenshot_1.jpg

It sounds cliche, but I think this is the best tactic I have ever used on FM20.

High scoring tactic and solid defence. I have not tried this tactic with a poor squad, but I suspect it will not be as effective and will concede alot of goals if you have slow defenders.

It sounds cliche, but I think this is the best tactic I have ever used on FM20.

High scoring tactic and solid defence. I have not tried this tactic with a poor squad, but I suspect it will not be as effective and will concede alot of goals if you have slow defenders.

The 451 or the 442? I think the 442 I posted is better tbh. However, what I will say is that the tactic might be good but you must be getting it all right outwith the tactic as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.