This isn't fair!

PT

Reaction score
I am with Newcastle and I am new to FM so it has took me a while to figure out tactics etc. I have finally found the best possible team for them and beat Chelsea,Arsenal and Man Utd all 2-1 in a row and I got them to 8th after the 1st season. I got beat off some bad teams which I wasn't happy about though.

The point is after doing everything right the chairman wants to sell the club and the new chairman who is going to or trying to buy the club wants a new manager. The plans keep failing so I'm hanging onto the job. The last file I was playing I was doing worse and they said they would give me time....

Anyone else done alright and then been told this? I want to stay on, otherwise I'm just going to restart and use the same team and tactics that I started using half way through the season and hope I don't get kicked out again!

When i was playing with juventus, something similar happened to me, in fm08. I was on third season, having finished 2nd in the last one. Well, there i was, halfway through the season,3rd placed, with amazing players, like Fred, Aguero, Balotelli...Then, a rich Columbian bought the club. During the embargo, i had a 130Million budget (similar to what is happening to Man City xD). But he decided h wanted another manager..so he kicked me out, even thought i beated AC for 2-0. It happnes in FM. ;) Cheers

Well I didn't get sacked, in fact they extended my contract by 4 years lol.

Though now I am hanging around 17th place after 9 games....I had the hardest start ever though with all the big teams within my first 6 games and just lost by a goal each time.

I went and had a look around the staff part of the game and stole a few world class coaches and scouts etc. then started failing badly by scoring loads of goals but conceeding just as many and I didn't quite understand what was happening. So I went and looked at my coaches and there it struck me, I didn't have one coach that coached defending or goal keeping lol, only attacking! I must have sacked them and forgot to hire another.

So now I've sorted that out hopefully I will start winning as I was scoring 3-4 goals a game. My last game against Middlesboro I drew 5-5 X|

Just hope I don't get sacked before I can turn things around as I am starting to enjoy the game now as the team feels like it's mine unlike starting with the default team they have at the start of the game.

Last edited:
liverpool boss

i began as liverpool manager and was losing money all over the shot, eventually there will be a take over bid with plans to remove the manager, me! but all went well and i was kept on along with my balance being sorted, new youth facilty and training facilty. i am now making profit every month and going strong.

torres aguero
boletell, dos santos, mascherano, saivet,or ronaldinho great buy in third season at around 6 mil!!
insua, marques, carragher, alves

should have bought bojan and vela at the start as there price rockets up later in the game!!!

Well it did work out well in the end. I went 20 games and losing 1 game. I have now gone up to 8th. Though now my team is acting weird and bad again, why? I beat Man utd 2-1, Liverpool 2-1 and drew against Arsenal 2-2. Do you think my team are under estimating lower teams? :(

I have 13m to spend which will go on a defender or 2 as my attacking is great. Kerrison is a goal machine!