Beef1987

Reaction score
Just me, or is FM16 ******* impossibly challenging?? It isnt like I'm a "NOOB" or anything, I'm 28 years old and have been playing Footy Manager since 2000/2001... So I like to think I know a little about these games, but NOTHING is working for me so far!

I've started saves with numerous different elite teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, and Manchester United attempting to get some sort of tactic working, but it just isnt happening for me.. I couldnt buy a win!! Infact my Man Utd save I opened the season with a draw, and then 5 straight losses which resulted in me rage quitting for about the 50th time since last Friday!!

******* ****!!

That's because the AI is much better than the 'roll over for you and be defensive forever after season 1' AI of last year. Better team selections, better role/duty setup, better mentality choices and better decisions in-game.

I always find it difficult when I start playing the new version of Fm every year. Usually I need about a month to get accustomed with it. My advice is to be patient.

It's definitely a harder game but personally I think it's much better because of it. Can't wait to master this bad boy.

I've found that I can't stick to a single tactic. I'm constantly tweaking at least every 2/3 games, which I haven't done really in previous FM games. I'm doing ok with Lpool, 3rd coming to end of first season.

I also find it better to not press, or close down a lot. This means my players are more likely to stick in their positions when defending and my team as a collective unit are harder to break down.

Which to be totally honest, is a lot more realistic.

I'm actually really enjoying the game for the first time since 2012... The only annoying thing seems to be the amount of injuries....

The only problem I get is the players get restless really quick if they don't play and jus want to leave. Stick with it beefy and be more patient, pick a formation and tactic and stick with it for a while and don't keep changing the players or giving them a bollocking after losing.

Just me, or is FM16 ******* impossibly challenging?? It isnt like I'm a "NOOB" or anything, I'm 28 years old and have been playing Footy Manager since 2000/2001... So I like to think I know a little about these games, but NOTHING is working for me so far!

I've started saves with numerous different elite teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, and Manchester United attempting to get some sort of tactic working, but it just isnt happening for me.. I couldnt buy a win!! Infact my Man Utd save I opened the season with a draw, and then 5 straight losses which resulted in me rage quitting for about the 50th time since last Friday!!

******* ****!!

I'm finding this year to be actually the opposite if I'm honest.

I've struggled in previous years to really get going and to get my own tactics working the way I want them to. This year, and after doing lots of study into tactical philosophies and roles etc I have just finished my 2nd Season with Man Utd, after winning back-to-back League titles and Champions league trophies.

Finally got my head round this **** game and getting it working properly! Only taken about 8 years!

I'll be honest I think, I find it slightly easier now, but I think that is more because, I never really got to grips with the roles and duties until very late into last year, since then I have taken a much longer thought over how I expect the role to perform and what the description/set PI's it gives do.

FM15 I think was the first time I finally started to understand them, I know with most top teams I can probably piece together formations to how I want them to play as the players are good enough, but then in lower leagues I know I have to build around the players I have to make it work. So if I wanted an AP I would only use one if I had a player capable of performing it, if I don't have one, then I need to build a side around what I have and using the roles/duties to keep a good balance without sacrificing one phase of play for the other unless I want to do that to protect a lead or get a goal.

Another thing with this game that I do now is I have no Opposition Instructions unless I spot on the scout report of the opposition an area or player that they could hurt me (for example with my Romanian bottom league side I had a fixture against a team who seemed to assist the majority of goals from their right midfielder crossing, looking at my side, I saw I had conceded most of our goals from assists near the exact same area, as a result I immediately knew to watch this position closely, before I kicked off I changed my left CDM to be a DM/D instead of his usual BWM/D to help my LB in this area. Then during the game I used the match feed settings to tell me who was making the most passes, I noticed it happened to be their RM, so I asked my LB to specifically mark him, while also then going to the Analysis tab and players, trying to have a look at if I could see who was giving the ball to him most, doing this I noticed their right CM seemed to be constantly getting the ball and passing it out to the RM, so I asked my left CDM to mark their right CM, I knew this would pull my DM out a little bit, but as a result it stopped the supply to their most influential player and also marked the influential player out the game and the opposition ended up moving him to up front to try and get him in the game which didn't work, but at the start of doing this I started seeing the RM misplacing more passes and having them intercepted or losing out to a tackle from my LB.).

Using the pro zone stuff and watching a game closely means you can react to how the opposition are playing. I used the pro zone stuff just to see if I could pick up what I was missing. I ended up winning the game 2-1 but was pretty comfortable for 80 minutes being 2-0 then fatigue saw the opposition score, but I had already stopped them from playing the way they hoped.