This will sound stupid but should I listen to my backroom staff?

Minstrels

Reaction score
Sounds stupid I know however I'm just wondering. Say you play a 4-5-1 tactic with a normal defensive line and a normal tempo. Your scout comes back and your next opponent struggles against a deep defensive line and does well against a normal tempo. Should you then play a deep defensive line then opt for a faster tempo? I'm just wondering whether the players would take well to it or not if you keep changing the tactic per game? I probably sound so silly now, sorry guys!

It depends on the standard of your players and your staff mate. Players can occaisioally react badly to you changing tactics but so long as your change isnt stupid or too drastic/different, they should cope. As for your staff, it depends on whether they have good tactical knowledge. Hope that helped :)

Thanks, I made the changes and beat Everton 3-1 with my Burnley team! Don't know whether it was due to the changes or because they had an off day, we'll see though.

I have never bothered, you have your tactics (hopefully) set up in your match prep. If you start messing around with defensive lines, tempo, width etc for every game it makes your lovely "fluid" tactic into a not so fluid one as your players are not used to that way of playing.

NO!!I never have a backroom meeting and I still keep winning. It's just the same with assistant's feedback. TBH lots of hints in FM is really useless and I only trust my 20/20 scout