Reaction score
Hello,
The only thing that this worries me in FM12(My first Managing game AMAZING) is that after many seasons(I'm on my fourth now with fenerbahce) that many known players will retire or get too old to consider..And that you have to look and find new players which aren't even real life..<br>I think that would kinda turn me off playing the game..
What do you guys think about this matter?Also is this good with Fenerbahce?
Btw Turkish Lig have Play offs ahahha just like in real life.. pretty ****** but oh well..
3seasons:
3 times first division champion.Cl unsuccesfull 1x, 1x Next round but eliminated from group D(what does this mean?), 1x quarter finales(won Barcelona 3-1(penalty against) and then 1-0loss) then I got Real Madrid(very unlucky votings) and got 9-3(2matches) LOL.
Half finales Turkish Cup 2x and 1x quarter finales
2x Winner Turkish Super Cup,1x failed

Erm........why worry? I've got some regens and in some cases, they turn out to be better than players I have already (real life players I may add), and in some cases, you can get them dirt cheap. Or you may have one come through the youth system. And on the plus side, when the real players retire, they can go on and begin coaching-and in some cases make excellent staff.

Regens make the game more exciting for me. When you come across some absolute gems, it can make a real difference-and in some cases, bring in some cash for the club. For example, I signed an regen Italian GK at 19, and he's already broken into the 1st team, 6 clean sheets in 8 games, and has nearly the same stats as Joe Hart-and I got him for £2.5 million-now he has a price tag of £13 million. I enjoy the scouting for gems-makes the game more enjoyable

Going to gave to agree with regeneration making the game exciting. Of course this cane from someone who knew nothing about soccer (excuse me) back when I picked up fm2010. I managed a tiny Italian c2 team called noicattaro (who folded irl ) and took them all the way to consecutive champions league wins. What really stood out was how some of my regeneration and self scouted players banded together to beat out today's young superstars in their prime or twilight years.

I used to refrain from buying regens, and as a matter of fact I try to do so still, but I do like to see my youngsters rise through the ranks.

I totally get what the OP means, When I first started on FM, my games wouldn't last more then 5 seasons, I couldn't handle looking for regens or trying to scout. I liked that I knew all the wonderkids at the start.

The only thing I can say is you will finally get over it (I did) or you could always just start games again, nothing wrong with that either.

I like Regens as well. I just like the fact that it's unknown how they will do or who will be good. You have to actually think for yourself on who to sign instead of seeing who to sign on the forums.

I do like regens as it is realistic that sometimes a wonderful youngster come and dominate the game. I enjoy scouting and discovering (i think that it is the best thing which i like in FM).. It is the joy of finding and nurturing them in their early years and seeing they get their first goal, their first cap as international and so on..

I actually enjoy the regens! I try to find the next 'Phil Jones' or 'Wayne Rooney' I've been pretty good at poaching these young stars off clubs like southampton and crystal palace and putting them straight into my starting line up and they generally sky rocket, In my 6th season with Lincoln city (on fm11) I have one lad (Ryan Holt) who i poached off Leeds for 1.2 mil 2 years previously, just won the Golden Boot for england at the world cup, He won the Ballon d'or and the european golden boot. Lincoln won the Prem, LC, FA, CL and WCC. Holt scored 119 goals in 70 something games. He was just unreal, it was super exciting watching him just bag goals left right and centre. During the group stage of the CL he scored 15 goals in 6 games. He got 7 against Genk and just went off from there.

wish i could enjoy the whole regen thing but i just think its a load of bollox, its grand in the first few years but dont like when the games taken over by them...which has never happened to me since ive prob played 5 years max.
in every 'fm story' you see its based on 'picking up the best young players' why don't people actually go out and buy big names of today, just looks better imo.

1 thing i like about regens, lets say in editor you improve facilities of every chinese club lets say to have world class youth academys then watching the national side grow is a fun thing i think and worth playing a long game.

For some of us it's almost the best part of game. Old players who some have become legendary players at club become part of background staff ( Coaches, scouts... ) and help you find and bring up these future stars of the clubs.

I think the best part of the game is scouting for talents.

Regens dates are the best day on the calender for me after 3 seasons, waiting to see where i can bring them through to my club team and bleed them into the National Team, Lower NT games are great for this.