db12

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So was toying around with trying to find the best possible coaches for my youth teams to help develop youngsters to the full of their abilities and a thought occurred to me. What are the key components to gaining a good youth intake?

So my questions are:

1)What do you find is key to a good youth intake?

2)Do your affiliated clubs play a part?

3)If I set up an edited database with max for youth academy and junior coaching would it increase the youth quality?

4)If in addition to 3) I set up youth staff with 5* for each area of training would it have an effect?

5)What about scouting? Does it play a part?

would really appreciate some feedback on this :)

I'm pretty sure youth coaches you can hire for youth team has no influence on youth intake. Junior coaching funding is its equivalent.
the HOYD normally brings youths in, you can choose who does this under staff responsibilities.
Youth academy also plays a role in youth intake, that and junior coaching affects youths PA and CA. (cant remember which is which,google knows)
so those 3 things are most important IMO.

2)no
3)yes
4) 99% sure no
5) no

I'm pretty sure youth coaches you can hire for youth team has no influence on youth intake. Junior coaching funding is its equivalent.
the HOYD normally brings youths in, you can choose who does this under staff responsibilities.
Youth academy also plays a role in youth intake, that and junior coaching affects youths PA and CA. (cant remember which is which,google knows)

so those 3 things are most important IMO.

2)no
3)yes
4) 99% sure no
5) no

So basically if I wanted to put this to the test, I should set up a world class HOYD (I'm thinking people like Phil Cannon or Rodolfo Borrell) and then edit their Youth Facilities, Academy and Junior Coaching to 20 in the editor and this should increase the likelihood of a better quality intake?

I've C&P'd a post from Cleon that he did a while back.

Youth Recruitment = Increases likelihood of recruiting high PA youth and increasing how far your youth recruitment network will reach (low recruitment means you will probably only get local players who aren't recruited by bigger clubs, high recruitment means you will get top talent from all over the world). Youth recruitment, however, is also affected by your club's reputation.

Youth Facilities = The quality of the training facilities used by the players currently in your youth team. Good youth facilities will help your youth players improve more.

Junior Coaching = The quality of the coaching of the lower levels of your youth system. Basically, this represents coaching of youth players before they're generated as 14/15 year-olds. In terms of game mechanics, high junior coaching will increase the average ability of your youth players when they're first generated.

So in short it's;

Recruitment = Regen PA
Junior Coaching = Regen CA
Youth Facilities = Rate of youth player CA improvement

For reference:
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/457558-is-there-more-to-youth-intake

Fantastic insight WJ...thank you so much this should be a good help going forward