SVB

Reaction score
After searching the net for a solution to cutting out crosses and through balls I've hit a dead end can anyone please shine abit of light on how to do this!! I know you can't cut them out completely but every goal I conceded is either one or the other

When I train Defensive positioning and "Stand off the opponents", I notice a significant drop int he number of successful through balls I concede.

When I train Defensive positioning and "Stand off the opponents", I notice a significant drop int he number of successful through balls I concede.

Cheers mate will give it a try!! I've tried pushing my defenders back but not tried that so I'll give it ago

Thu-balls are only effective when there is space between your defenders. So you need to find a way to condense the line and stop them. Playing narrow + offside trap can work but unless you're defenders with excellent decisions and possitioning, it can cuase more problems than it fixes.

Either way, experiement and eventually you'll find what's right for your team.

Thu-balls are only effective when there is space between your defenders. So you need to find a way to condense the line and stop them. Playing narrow + offside trap can work but unless you're defenders with excellent decisions and possitioning, it can cuase more problems than it fixes.

Either way, experiement and eventually you'll find what's right for your team.

Exactly what I was going to say. They can't get in behind if there's no space behind. Think Barca vs Chelsea, I doubt there was 1 successful key through ball in the entire game.

Deep defence line or deal with source by man marking, hard tackling etc.

Sweeper-Keeper maybe? Or a Sweeper in your defensive line itself. Anchorman in front possibly to act as a shield. Many possibilities.