Yurt

Reaction score
Playing international and in the 2014 World Cup Russia and Netherlands both finished on 4 points, with the same goal difference, goals scored and a 0-0 draw against each other. It appears there are no more criteria in game for sorting between two teams, so how has it been decided that Netherlands should take 2nd place in the group? I'd have thought it would be due to them being higher in the rankings, but in real life apparently it would just be drawn from a 'hat' - which seems stupid to me! Does anyone know how the game processes this unlikely event? Crazy!

View attachment 424003 View attachment 424002

Is it not something to do with Yellow/Red cards?

I may have made that up ;)

Correct me if im wrong, but ive encountered this in my game too, and only thing thats shared between your case and mine is that the "losing" team (the one not getting placed) had "homefield" advantage. So possibly due russia having "homefield" advantage and still ending draw.

Who beat the top team? That may affect it?

EDIT: Forget that just noticed the USA had beaten Cameroon.
What was the Cameroon Russia score? If they lost more than 1-0 (as Holland lost 1-0 against them) that maybe why?

Last edited:
Who beat the top team? That may affect it?

EDIT: Forget that just noticed the USA had beaten Cameroon.
What was the Cameroon Russia score? If they lost more than 1-0 (as Holland lost 1-0 against them) that maybe why?

If you do the maths: Russia has Scored 2 and Conceded 2. Drawed 0-0 to holland, win 2-0 from the usa, so they lost 2-0 to cameroon. So I support your point.

This actually may be the reason. Sharp man, very sharp :)