Can Nick lead Hull back to the promise land first time of asking?

• YES!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

NiceToMichu

Reaction score
* I would just like to say before I start, I know I've done a Manchester City story but, I know people get bored of the big club stories. So, could somebody please remove/close my other story? Thanks.*

View attachment 293796

Sky Sports News presenter - "Well as we told an hour or so ago, Steve Bruce has been sacked by Hull City after a falling out with the Allams. Well right now we can go to the KC Stadium to get a quick word with Steve Bruce...Steve, how are feeling just an hour after being sacked by the Allams?"
View attachment 293799
Steve Bruce - "Well I've felt better, but, it's part & parcel of the job, you're going to fall out with people & potentially lose your job. I was just unfortunate enough that it happened to me only a few weeks after getting the job."

Sky Sports News presenter - "Yes I was going to ask, how much of a shock is it for you since you have only had the job for a few weeks?"

Steve Bruce - "I'm shocked, you don't expect it so soon after arriving. Maybe a quick chat in the office but not a straight sacking."

Sky Sports News presenter - "What's next for you Steve?"

Steve Bruce - "I don't know yet. Hopefully another crack at the Premier League. We'll see."

Sky Sports News presenter - "Well Steve all the best & thanks for joining us."

Steve Bruce - "It's a pleasure, thanks for having me."

*Back to the studio an hour later"
View attachment 293803
Sky Sports News presenter - "There's plenty going on at Hull City at the moment. We can now confirm that former boss Nick Barmby has in fact been reappointed!"

"We go live now back to the KC Stadium where we are now joined by new Hull City manager, Nick Barmby."

View attachment 293810

Sky Sports News presenter - "Hello Nick, thanks for joining us here on Sky Sports News, just a couple of questions."

Nick Barmby - "Always a pleasure, go ahead."

Sky Sports News presenter - "First of all, how does it feel to be back with the same owners that sacked you in your previous reign?"

Nick Barmby - "Obviously there's that little twitch of doubt in your mind but it's all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. I'm just ecstatic to be back at the club I grew up supporting, the club i love."

Sky Sports News presenter - "Do you feel any sympathy towards former boss Steve Bruce?"

Nick Barmby - "Yeah I feel sorry for him but like he said, It's part & parcel of the job. I do wish him the best in his future, he's a fantastic manager. Now, if you don't mind, I have a lot of work to be getting on with. So thanks for having me, all the best."

Sky Sports News presenter - "Thanks for speak with us Nick."

God i hated that poem at school! Hull should be an interesting story though

God i hated that poem at school! Hull should be an interesting story though
I wondered what poem you was talking about then haha! Yeah same! -.- & thanks, just thought I haven't seen any yet so why not

Hull City signings!

1st - Shaun Maloney.
Shaun Maloney joins the Tigers on a 3 month loan deal with the option to extend that deal. Nick Barmby has signed a major star for City here.
View attachment 293883

2nd - Jesper Hansen
The Danish goalkeeper joins from Champions League side FC Nordsjaelland for £775k. A real bargain in the eyes of Nick Barmby.
View attachment 293884

3rd - Simon Davies
The former Fulham winger will provide deadly crosses & tricky set pieces, aswell as bags of experience to a very young Hull City side. For the price of £625k, this could be signing of the summer.
View attachment 293887

4th - Asier Del Horno
On a free transfer, this is a player who could mentor Joe Dudgeon into a solid fullback. Also filling in when Andy Dawson or Joe Dudgeon are injured/suspended. A good signing for Barmby's side.
View attachment 293888
Pre-Season results.

Hull City 0-1 ADO Den Haag
Accrington 0-1 Hull City (Robbie Brady)
North Ferriby 0-3 Hull City (Nick Proschwitz, Sone Aluko, Shaun Maloney)
Werder Breman 2-2 Hull City (Nick Proschwitz, Sone Aluko)
Wolfsburg 1-0 Hull City
Basingstoke Town 0-4 Hull City (Tom Cairney x2, Simon Davies, Asier Del Horno)