Tracz

Reaction score
Well im in season number 3 with ipswich,
I won the championship in my second season.
For the 1st 2 seasons i relied mainly on loans/frees and cheap deals, selling all my high earners and keeping to a strict wage budget,
Im now in feb of 3rd season, 3rd in premier league yet the board will not give me anymore money, i spent £18m in summer, but sold £25m+ of players, ive stuck to a strict wage budget of £20k a week, only tiote is over that on £28k. Im currently spending £17m per annum on wages. Lowest in prem, closest to me is nearly double that!! On course to make £70m+ this season!!
Yet the board wouldnt back me in jan with any transfer budget or wages!! Why?!?!

Are you on the update with the new TV Deal? Have you asked for a bigger budget?

Probably, they are some greedy bastards :)

If your club has debts don't expect more money.

Erm is the new update save game compatable? If so yes,
And yes twice! Once just before jan, and again in mid jan when renewing my contract.

Probably, they are some greedy bastards :)

If your club has debts don't expect more money.

We are in around £70m of debt but surely it will be easier to pay it off if they invested a little to inprove my chances of keeping in the top 4! Im currently surviving with a squad of 22 players, 1 is long term injured and tiote is away at acof

Are you on the update with the new TV Deal? Have you asked for a bigger budget?

Erm is the new update save game compatable? If so yes,*
And yes twice! Once just before jan, and again in mid jan when renewing my contract

Maybe my owners arent as tight as they seemed.
i finished my 1st season back in the premier league in 7th place, only 3points behind 4th, the squad was struggling for fitness, with injuries and suspensions taking their toll in the last 5 games or so, we drew 2 games were we had more then enough chances to win them both,
But in the end im happy with 7th, yet a little dissappointed for what could have been if i was given some money in jan.
My tight board decided to give me an innitial tb of £32m, as we made £80m after our first season in the promised land.
Hopefully i can push for top 4 this season, and im aiming for £100m profit this season lol

Hi i am currently enjoying an Ipswich save myself. In my 2nd season and back in the race for promotion again this year after losing in the playoff final in my first year. Just wondering what players have done well for you? Have you been able to keep hold of mings and bishop who on my game are attracting every premier league team. And who were big signings to get you out of the championship?

i think it's smart of the board.
if you are in a first season premier leauge they won't give to much.
a lot can happen between januari and march april.
so they don't want you spending the hard earned cash.
a second season in the premier league will give a second year of high incomes.
so ofcourse the board will allow a higher budget.

Hi i am currently enjoying an Ipswich save myself. In my 2nd season and back in the race for promotion again this year after losing in the playoff final in my first year. Just wondering what players have done well for you? Have you been able to keep hold of mings and bishop who on my game are attracting every premier league team. And who were big signings to get you out of the championship?

Bishop came to nothing for me, i gave him loads of game time first season, but saw no improvement in any area! So he spent season 2 onloan then left for a nominal fee.
Mings is still with me, attracting interest from 2/3 top10 prem clubs.
I would recommend lingard,will keane, blackett, had lingard and blacket on loan for two seasons then signed them perm when we went up, keane i signed for £500k in first season and he has scored 14gls, 12gls, 23gls in his 3 seasons with me so far and his value is nearly £12m.
When i started the save i sold alot of big earners as im running a very tight ship financially.
Berra, chambers, smith, murphy, mcgoldrick, all left in first season, season 1 and 2 no players were on over 10k. 3rd season that went up to 20k. And 4th season im about to start it has gone up to 40k due to me being in europe.

Last edited:
i think it's smart of the board.
if you are in a first season premier leauge they won't give to much.
a lot can happen between januari and march april.
so they don't want you spending the hard earned cash.
a second season in the premier league will give a second year of high incomes.
so ofcourse the board will allow a higher budget.

But by time jan came around we were still fighting for champions league, we had like 40points so was next to no chance of us getting relegated!
But they have since the season ended cleared a little extra of the debt, im hoping with another season like this one they will be able to wipe all the debt off!

You will rarely see new budget made available in the January window. Summer is the best time to 'splash the cash'. And frankly if your club won't let you spend even though you've made them that much profit, perhaps it is time to move on. You certainly won't find a shortage of new employers if you finish in the top 4 of the English Premier Division.

Edit: A transfer budget of 32m is pretty generous. I was only given a budget of 8m from West Brom for my 2nd season after an 8th place finish. Hopefully they will open up the wallets a little bit more if I can qualify for European league play.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ories/284621-riches-rags-west-brom-story.html

I'm going to update how I spend that 8m in a bit. Just finished wrapping up the story of my 1st season with West Brom! ;-)

Last edited: