teo.paranoid

Reaction score
INTRO

I have tried many tiki-taka tactics, but I came up with one of my own and I have to say it gave me some of the best results I had. I thought after many matches that I used it that it would be nice to share it and let everyone else try it and hopefully give them some nice results. So now I will go on with explaining the tactic.

FORMATION & TEAM INSTRUCTIONS & GOALS REPORTS

As you can see it is a clear TIKI-TAKA pattern, but I came across something very nice as I was experimenting with this tactic. I realized that even if I used more direct passing and not the retain possession and shorter passing I could pull out some magnificent through balls and still hold on to the ball much more than the opposition. So this tactic emphasises on quick football with not many useless passes but instead with key through balls that unlock the opponents. It is crusial for this tactic that you have first team quality wingers in your team because this tactic uses the flanks a lot.

View attachment 408508View attachment 408507View attachment 408506View attachment 408505View attachment 408504

THE PLAYERS

GK:
View attachment 408503
He is meant to get all the balls inside his area and stop most of the shots. He needs to be good overall in order this role to have effect.

CENTRAL DEFENDER(1)
View attachment 408501
This one is meant to close down more in order to force the opponent into doing a mistake.

CENTRAL DEFENDER(2)
View attachment 408500
The second one is meant to just mark and let the other one press the attackers.

I found out that this pair is very effective one it reduced the number of through balls that threatened me.
Good attributes: Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Acceleration, Positioning and Heading is a good plus especially for defending set pieces.

FULL BACKS
View attachment 408502
As usual they are set to press more and mark tighter.
Good attributes: Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Acceleration, Positioning and Crossing.

ANCHOR MAN

View attachment 408496
His role is to close the gap between midfield and defense and to press the opposition when they are in our team's half. His role is only to defend and by no means create the play. He is meant to pass to the more creative players at front and nothing more.
Good attributes: Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Acceleration, Positioning, Stamina, Concentration and Workrate.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER(1)
View attachment 408495

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER(2)
View attachment 408494

I have set them to get the ball forward but also to close down the opposing midfielders. So I have put one of them to dribble less and hold position and the other to move with more freedom. So I would suggest to have a more creative player in one position and for the other a more defensive midfielder but with good attacking attributes also.
Good attributes: Dribbling, First Touch, Creativity, Teamwork, Workrate, Passing. Tackling and Marking are a plus.

INSIDE FORWARDS
View attachment 408493
Both of them are meant to join the attacker and to be on the gap of the opposing defense. They move more freely and their meant to get the through balls from the midfield in order to score and create many CCC's.So finishing is very important here.
Good attributes: Dribbling, First Touch, Creativity, Teamwork, Passing, Finishing, Acceleration, Pace, Decisions.

ADVANCED FORWARD
View attachment 408491

He is set to move freely and to hold up ball so that he can get good passes to the IF's when they cut inside.One of the best position of this tactic. I get many CCC's because of his passing.
Good attributes: First Touch, Creativity, Teamwork, Workrate, Passing, Finishing, Long shots. Finishing and Dribbling is a plus.

PLAYER FILTERS
sortitoutsi Player Role Filters

SET PIECES
Taken from here ------>http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/157967-attacking-corners-14-3-a.html
These settings are working pretty well. Congrats to all the guys that shared them with us.
View attachment 408488View attachment 408485

TRAINING
Pre-season
General training------------>Team cohesion (Very High)
Match training------------>Teamwork

Once Fluid
General training------------>Balanced (Average)
Match training------------>I follow my assistant's instructions
View attachment 408490
Every player is trained to his own position
View attachment 408489

Matches and Results
View attachment 408483View attachment 408482View attachment 408481View attachment 408480View attachment 408479View attachment 408478
As you can see from the shedule pictures this tactic offers many goals and more important a very solid defence. If you can see in the 4th picture a had a 13 run withou a goal conceded and only one draw.

Conclusion
I hope that this tactic works as good as for me. Once more I am not a tactical expert so don?t be harsh if it hasn?t worked for you. Moreover any tweaks that you want to make go ahead and make them as this is not a plug and play tactic. If you want it to be more defensive in the closing momments of the match try switching mentality to CONTROL. Anyone who has a suggestion please be free to share it as I would like to test it.

Thank you for your time!!!!!

View attachment 408476

Sorry mate u will get lynched on here tactic not first season by the year your at your team should be good enough for most tactics

Sorry mate u will get lynched on here tactic not first season by the year your at your team should be good enough for most tactics

That is true but if anyone doesn't want to try it because I have built my own team and this tactic is set upon them then it is ok by me. No hard feelings:p. I just wanted to share to see if it has good results on others too because it had good for me.