Propagandalf

Reaction score
Hey Guys! :D

I've been having a hard time making a tactic which is both:

1. Consistent
2. Fun to watch
3. Able to win against Bayern Munich (I seriously never win against them...) :'(

So i thought to myself - hey, maybe you shouldn't try to create the same kind of tactic you ALWAYS try to create. Maybe you should join the dark side. Maybe you should try tiki taka! (I really don't like Barcelona IRL)

So i read a lot of posts, here and on other FM forums, and with inspiration from several diferent tactics, I made this one - It goes by many names, 5-2-3, 5-2-2-1, 3-4-3, 3-2-2-3 and so on and so forth.

Whatever the name, it has 3 DC's, 2 WB's, 2 CM's 2 AM's (R/L) and 1 ST - well there's also a goal keeper...

View attachment 379329

Player instructions:

GK: Sweeper Keeper - Support
Distribute to defenders, pass it shorter.

DC (R): Central Defender - Defend
Close down more, tackle harder.

DC (L): Central Defender - Stopper
Close down more, tackler harder.

DC: Ball Playing Defender - Cover
Close down more, mark tighter, tackler harder, hold position.
As you might have guessed, this defender should be the more creative of the three.

WB (R/L): Complete Wingback - Attack
Run wide with ball, close down more, cross more often, mark tighter

CM (R): Deep Lying Playmaker - Support
Close down more, Tackle harder, Mark tighter, Roam from position

CM (L): Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Pass it shorter, Fewer risky passes, Mark tighter, Close down more, Roam from position

AM (R/L): Inside Forward - Attack
Pass it shorter, Dribble less, Mark tighter, Get further forward, Shoot more.
As goes for most IF's, right footed players on left, and vice versa, gets the best results.

Striker: Trequartista - Attack
Mark tighter, pass it shorter.
Make sure your striker has the ability to play as a trequartista, otherwise he won't be doing any good.

Even though the formation at the first glance would seem defensive; it's anything but that!
It has roughly 60% possession per game, quite a lot of clear cut chances, and almost no goals scored against.
Here are some of the games (note i haven't played many games yet, but I WILL update with new screenshots as I get along)
View attachment 379319View attachment 379318View attachment 379316View attachment 379314View attachment 379312

Regarding opp.instructions, i don't use them - sometimes I do "tight marking" on a specific player, if he is causing me trouble in-game, but it is not common.

LINK:
http://speedy.sh/pXMre/Tiki-Taka-Reloaded-by-zun-zun.tac

//Sune

Last edited:
Yes, just a moment

EDIT:
Here is my match prep, and general training:
View attachment 379283
Also, make sure to train your players in the specific position they are playing so that they have a minimum of "Accomplished"

Last edited:
Oh no, sorry i thought you wanted my pre-season matchprep and training.

During season i slide the match prep bar down to 30% and set general training to average.
Depending on my opposition, i change what match prep i use - but usually just attacking movements

Ask a moderator to move this thread to the share and download section.

Oh wow, i really didn't notice that I posted it in the wrong section... How do I get a moderator to do that?

Just PM one of them and they'll move it, or just start a new thread :)

Hi, I'm Ara Mustafa and I just found out about this post.

Normally I've got no problem people copying my tactic, I'm just happy to help other.

But this was a total rip off, most of it is copy paste (see it for yourself at "stntt"'s link to my blog above). It's still okay if you copy paste my work but at least I would like some credit for my hard work (takes hours to find a working tactic that can work with many different types of squads). So I was a little bit sad to see this thread as the tactic is so heavily based (if not totally) on my work and no credit back to myself.

Next time, remember to credit people, especially when you copy and paste!