Time needed to gel, and tweaking for opposition.

rexsomnii

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time posting although been lurking here for awhile. Would like to thank the community for all the tactics and advice that I've read already.

Okay so I've noticed that people mention teams need time to gel. I.e new signings need to get used to the team, and you can see that your assistant manager will mention so and so seems to have trouble blending into squad. People have also mentioned useing tactics or new tactics teams require a few games before they get used to playing in that formation.

On the other hand people also mention that you have to tweak and adjust your tactics according to home and away games as well as taking your opposition into consideration.

Well luckily i'm on my second season with Tottenham and doing quite well with the help of some downloaded tactics, and some research and also guilty of reloading those big games that I lose such as against top four teams and in Champions league etc, I just can't bare losing.

Anyhow my question is do you keep useing same tactic over and over so that your team can gel or do you switch when you come across different opposition. I just want some clarification and examples of what you guys do. For example I read about this awesome tactic I wanna try it out. I want the team to gel but than team comes up and my assistants say this team struggles playing against such and such formation well should i keep mine or switch to said formation even if my team isn't used to it?
How many formations or tactics do ppl use anyhow?

Well thanks in advance for your help!

I just choose one tactic and stick to it.. I know lots of people say tweak the tactics for each game but I don't see the point, I love my tactic and has been very successful for me, I've use it for my last 4 saves, Tottenham, Spain, St. Mirren & Bristol City and I've done pretty awesome things with each of those. So really you can download as many tactics as you want but I don't think they will suit your team perfectly, look at your squad and try to figure out a tactic of your own. I never go out looking to lose, no matter who it is, I always play attacking football, maybe that's something to look into? Don't be easily intimidated by bigger teams!

And as for the gelling of a team etc. I don't think theres much to that, so long as you buy players who are going to compliment your team and actually start there shouldn't be a problem, make sure you sell the weak links and your new signings should blend in nicely. I've bought 7 new players on my Bristol City game and I'm unbeaten in my 11 games so far and it's never really hassled me before.. Sometimes players who can't adapt to the city is a problem but that's it..

Here is wat i do with my team.

1st: choose ONE tactic i like and will use it most (buy players for tactic not create tactic for players). Choose another TWO tactics to : 1st one to vs good team, 2nd to give player minutes on the field ( vs smaller team, in Carling Cup, infury crisis...) or vs other teams as tactic works

2nd: stick with fav. tactic for 4-8 games, rotate players, use it even vs good teams but need to change the way u penetrate the match ect.

About tactic vs good team: imo, sometimes the formation itself gives u advantage. When i play against Real (4-2DM- 2W-2ST), i use 4-1DM-2CM-2W-1ST. Win both legs....And play well vs Liverpool (42dm31)

Another tactic is 41212 attackin middle. As i have 5 mid-fielder, normally play 2 of them, so decide to use 3 or 4 with this tactic in Carling Cup, vs weaker team in CL or FA. In addition, this tactic, for me works well vs avarage team playing 442 flat...

4-4-2 (created by Hancury) used most with TI durin the match. You can use your fav. tactic everymatch, home or away but rmb to tweak abit to cope well by looking at: match odds (fav---> att or control ...), weather ( rain--->long ball...), opponent'skey player (make him leave the field <)), field (long or short ...), and of course opponent formation ( i always use TI : play narrow and push up + mark two FB as play against Chel! )

Cheers!