Reaction score
Is there ever a time to leave a long term save ie resign and move to a new team or just start a new save?

I am currently in season 21-22 been with arsenal since the start ( supporter IRL) so here is my point i am in preseason have 200mil 150 from start 50 from sales i would say i have the best team won every trophy at club level possible but im not sure of leaving as i have built and empire if that makes sense i have boosted there finance, facilities, have the best backroom set up just feel like it might be wasted if i left.

Challenge: Score 300 league goals with a homegrown striker.

Take a time out IRL. Maybe start a new save with another team? stop playing FM in general for a few days and go back and see how it goes.

I had a long term save with Liverpool once. Won the league, had all the best youngsters, the best team in the league and I decided to just leave and move on. New manager came in, sold everyone, bought ***** players and ended up finishing mid-table. Absolutely ****** all over my success. My second time around was with Porto and the same exact scenario happened. Hulk, Falcao, Cavani, Neymar, you name it, my favourite ever save. I decided to leave and they were sold on and the new manager insulted me.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to leave, knowing how the game works, it might not be a good thing either, I think the real question is, are you prepared to see what you've built possibly come undone? Moyes/Fergie.. or Mourinho/Ancelotti. 50/50.

Start a new save. I'm in like 2019 on my ManUtd save and I've won the BPL and Champions Leagues 3 times in a row, 2 of which were trebles and I've got Gareth Bale coming in on a free. I don't think there's much more I can do.

So I started a new save! :) I strongly suggest you try doing a Southampton save. It's a good choice after you've been managing a cub which starts close to the top. I originally tried doing an Oldham save, but the step down from BPL to fighting to stay in League 1 was a bit too much for me, and I had no clue as to what I was doing, so I'd suggest doing a Southampton save. Then once you make Southampton one of the best teams in the world, you can try a new save with a new team! Like Wigan, they have decent players and are aiming to get promoted to the BPL, I've never been promoted before, so it would be a good experience for me. :)

Maybe retire. I once had along term save with Ajax. I had won everything in the Netherlands consectuvely and i won the UEFA cup and got to the finals of CL (which i lost). But i decided to not try to win it, because everything else would be too easy. So i went to another league (EPL) and that year Ajax won the CL :(.
But since you're in the EPL already, and it's the most competitive league in the game, i'd advice to retire on arsenal and make a new coach. Coach a team somewhere midtable and try to break the dominance you build at arsenal.

Retire, start managing a team in the championship

Take a time out IRL. Maybe start a new save with another team? stop playing FM in general for a few days and go back and see how it goes.

I had a long term save with Liverpool once. Won the league, had all the best youngsters, the best team in the league and I decided to just leave and move on. New manager came in, sold everyone, bought ***** players and ended up finishing mid-table. Absolutely ****** all over my success. My second time around was with Porto and the same exact scenario happened. Hulk, Falcao, Cavani, Neymar, you name it, my favourite ever save. I decided to leave and they were sold on and the new manager insulted me.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to leave, knowing how the game works, it might not be a good thing either, I think the real question is, are you prepared to see what you've built possibly come undone? Moyes/Fergie.. or Mourinho/Ancelotti. 50/50.
I cannot recommend this enough. It also works if you're angry/annoyed at the game. Personally i was 3 seasons into a Manchester United save (quite long for me) and went on a bad streak, and was considering deleting the save. 1-2 weeks later i was playing and enjoying it again.

Yh i tested it and the new manager just sold everyone probably going to take a time out IRL thanks!

Start a new save. I'm in like 2019 on my ManUtd save and I've won the BPL and Champions Leagues 3 times in a row, 2 of which were trebles and I've got Gareth Bale coming in on a free. I don't think there's much more I can do.

So I started a new save! :) I strongly suggest you try doing a Southampton save. It's a good choice after you've been managing a cub which starts close to the top. I originally tried doing an Oldham save, but the step down from BPL to fighting to stay in League 1 was a bit too much for me, and I had no clue as to what I was doing, so I'd suggest doing a Southampton save. Then once you make Southampton one of the best teams in the world, you can try a new save with a new team! Like Wigan, they have decent players and are aiming to get promoted to the BPL, I've never been promoted before, so it would be a good experience for me. :)
Yh i tried a save with crewe i was just to inexperienced at LLM i might give the Southampton idea bash

I was at Chelsea for 10+ seasons and had an unstoppable team full of U23's bought for peanuts. Conte replaced me after I left and turned them into monsters and is now probably more dominant than I was. But I have seen managers destroy my team on past saves.

My advice for a better long term save is to not abuse the regen dates. It's more fun since you dont have golden generation every time.

If you planned on staying at the club the whole time then start a new save. I am in 2023 but have played as 4 different teams, winning the league in 2 of different countries. I like my games to be journeyman games, once I have succeeded in winning the Spanish league with my Real Union side (started in the lowest Spanish league and worked my way up but do have a tycoon) I will move on to pastures new.

Best idea for long term saves is to not overbuy or oversell.

Also develop, develop, develop!

Go try the San Marino challenge or download the database that has the first 11 leagues of English football and try to take a bottom rung Saturday club on the lowest level to the top. Running lower level clubs is a nice break from the big clubs.

Best idea for long term saves is to not overbuy or oversell.

Also develop, develop, develop!
Agree mate! Usually on my UTD save 1st season will buy 2-3 established players to balance the squad and strengthen the depth, then after that always buy 15-17 yr olds and develop them and try to develop from my own youth system.

I had a problem with my Udinese save, Personally I moved on but Wish is stayed and just bought up HG players and not relied on anyone else, So I'd say Try get a full starting 11 from your youth?