Time to Mature: The Re-emergence of the Invincibles

torres19945

Reaction score
The End of an Era

View attachment 302896
This morning Arsenal fans were saddened at the news that Arsene Wenger had called an end to his long and successful era. Wenger said that his "unforgettable" affiliation will never come to an end and he wished the next manager all the best for the future. Chairman Peter Hill-Wood said that the search for a new manager was very short and ended with the appointment of young and completely unknown manager Luke Robertson. Robertson said to Sky Sports that the club was in a transition process and that the main goal for the season was to maintain their Champion’s League status.
When later asked about the transfer policy Robertson said that he would be willing to spend any amount of money on a player as long as he fitted his specific style of play. Robertson had convinced the board of Arsenal to hire him through the way which he raved about a “special” way to attack and pin the opposition back. Robertson did say that he would be buying more players from abroad as he believes they represent more value for money. It is believed that the manager has already placed in a bid for Newcastle Striker Demba Ba and is hopeful to complete the deal in the next few days.

Is this a start of something bright and fresh for the Gunners or will they regret seeing the back of Mr Wenger

I hope you enjoy the story, if there are any hints and tips you can pass on then I will take them on Board :)

story certainly has potential, an Arsenal story should be interesting given their current situation.
what sort of transfer policy will you be adopting, young players you can develop or break the bank??

I will be buying mainly youth players and selling off certain dead wood. However, I will be spending quite a bit on wonderkids but not on a Cavani or Falcao type player

Last edited:
Transfers and pre-season

Transfers and Pre-Season

Arsenal 0 Arsenal Reserves 3
This result meant very little for me apart from to reinforce the need for a revamp of this Arsenal squad.

Black Leopards 1 Arsenal 5 (Giroud 2, Walcott 2, Podolski)
This was a much expected win as this side are unheard of. I was delighted that all of my strikers got onto the score sheet and hopefully they can be just as prolific in the future

Shenxin 0 Arsenal 3 (Giroud 2, Arteta)
Yet again this was a game that if we were fully expected to win and we did exactly that

Sampdoria 0 Arsenal 4 (Ebecilio 2, Mertesacker, Koscielny)
This was a result I was delighted with as we left out many players from our first team so to get four against a decent side like Sampdoria was very pleasing.

Salamanca 0 Arsenal 6 (Giroud 2, Lipman 2, Ramsey, Arteta)
I was very happy that the win was so emphatic again. The form of Giroud is really pleasing me and I hope he can be a source of many goals for me.

Arsenal 2 (Walcott 2) Dortmund 2 (Gotze, Reus)
This game was fairly good as Walcott bagged us two goals but in the second half we fell apart and we did not defend properly against the Champions of Germany

Summary
Overall I am pretty happy about pre-season and there are some encouraging performances on show here. I am excited about the likes of Walcott and Giroud who got 10 goals between them in the process which is absolutely fantastic. Now we have to push on and look to win that first game against Wigan.

Transfers (up until 18th​ August)
Although I spent a fair amount of money investing in these players I know that there is a massive chance for me to recoup all of that £100million from 2 of those players in the future let alone all of them. The acquisition of Draxler is the one that excites me the most as has so much potential to grow and is already a top class player. I have also placed an offer for Montoya from Barcelona to give me more of an option at right back.​

Deadline Day and First three premier league fixtures

Opening Day
Wigan 1 (Beausejour) Arsenal 3 (Kone O.G, Cazorla, Giroud)
For my first game in charge and with so many signings having to blend in I am happy just to talk away with a win. The first half is where all of our goals happened and the performance was flawless. Yet half time sent some negativity through the side as Vermaelen had picked up a knock and had to be substituted for Raul Albiol. The fact we allowed Wigan to improve was quite concerning and they really could have scored more. Giroud scored a very nice goal as he ran across the defender to tap in Willems’ cross. If he keeps playing like that when Ba does return he will have no chance of getting into the side.
View attachment 303313

Man of the Match: Jetro Willems

Arsenal 2 (Koscielny 2) Reading 0

Although it was a very nervy affair at times we dominated this game throughout and if it was not for Adam Federici then we could have had 6 or 7. But it took two Mikel Arteta corners in the final ten minutes to final break down the resistance of Federici. The star man for me was Jetro Willems, he was somebody who had not be recommended to me by my scouts who said I should by David Alaba but in his opening two games he has shown why he will dominate that Arsenal left back position as well as Ashley Cole did for the Invincibles.
View attachment 303310
Man of the Match: Laurent Koscielny

Transfers
In
View attachment 303306
Fernando (Gremio) - £6.25 Million

View attachment 303305
Sebastian Corchia (FC Sochaux)-£12.5 Million

Out

Abou Diaby (Leverkusen) - £6 Million

Swansea 2 (Koscielny O.G, Ki) Arsenal 2 (Albiol, Cazorla)

This was always going to be a very challenging game as Swansea had started very well and had beaten Manchester United on the opening day of the season. So to get a draw from this game is pretty impressive. I am delighted for Albiol as he took his header pretty well and I hope he can hit the ground running for me now. But the fact we recklessly conceded that last minute penalty really did irritate me
View attachment 303308
Man of the Match: Santi Cazorla
The little Spaniard did very well in midfield and always looked a threat on the ball

Player of the Month: Mikel Arteta
Although not a stand out performer in terms of goals the assists he provided over the three games he has made a huge contribution to the side and I am delighted with him so far.
View attachment 303300View attachment 303309
Shock Star of the Month: Jetro Willems
His displays in the opening two games were exceptional. He showed he can lead this team forward in attack and provided two stunning assists on the opening day.

League Table (not like it means much)

View attachment 303302
Capital One Cup Draw: Bolton(H)
View attachment 303303

View attachment 303301
Champions League Draw:
View attachment 303311
View attachment 303304

September

September

West Brom 1 (Brunt) Arsenal 1 (Giroud)
This game was always going to challenge my young side as West Brom are a very well regimented defence with experience at the back and a real threat on the counter. They got off to a fast start when Brunt scored in the opening 30 seconds with a header at the back post and it made me fear the worst for my young side. But we managed get to half time when we regrouped and Giroud scored a superb header looping over Foster to gain us a deserved point. Cazorla missed several chances in this game but the worst came in the 82nd minute when he was played in by the ever-present Arteta but he somehow poked wide.
Man of the Match: Olivier Giroud
View attachment 303695
Arsenal 3 (Giroud, Albiol, Koscielny) Olympiakos 0
This was the most complete display of my Arsenal reign so far we dominated possession throughout the game and should have scored more if it was not our somewhat lacklustre finishing. I introduced Fernando into the midfield to add something a bit more brutal and powerful and he was exceptional and was unlucky not to get a goal. But it was the defensive displays of my two centre backs Albiol and Koscielny that really impressed me as the both did not allow anything past them and headed home some pretty good goals as well.
Man of the Match: Raul Albiol
View attachment 303696
Arsenal 2 (Giroud, Albiol, Fernando S/0) Stoke City 0
This display was very strong by us as we had to shut down the likes of Crouch and it was my defence which impressed me yet again. After Giroud had opened the scoring from a tap in from Wellington Nems’ cross we just controlled the game and could have scored more goals as well.
Man of the Match: Wellington Nem
View attachment 303697
Arsenal 4 (Draxler,Wellington Nem,Podolski 2) Bolton Wanderers 3 (Andrews,K.Davies,Lee)
This game epitomised everything which is good and bad about this Arsenal side as we were truly beautiful when striding forwardand the goal from Wellington Nem was amazing as he whipped the ball around the Bolton wall from the edge of the D and stunned the goalkeeper. But when the second half began we conceded a sloppy freekick with Zouma giving Andrews the chance to match the freekick from Nem and he scored a beauty. Willems infuriated the Emirates and especially myself when he conceded a penalty to let them pull level. But in second half Podolski scored two penalties and we deservedly went through to the next round
Man of the Match: Julian Draxler
View attachment 303692
Arsenal 3 (Chamberlain, Arteta, Koscielny) Everton 0
This was a result which I am so immensely proud of, despite the fact they lost Fellaini and Baines in the summer they are still a very strong outfit so to beat them this well is brilliant. The performance of Mikel Arteta was just sensational he hit the post twice and set up both of the other goals. He has by far been my strongest performer so far this season.
View attachment 303694
Man of the Match: Mikel Arteta
View attachment 303693
Player of the Month: Mikel Arteta
My midfield metronome has set the Premier league and Champions league alight this season and has given me 4 assists in four games this month. Top draw!
View attachment 303691
Shock of the Month: Raul Albiol
This player has given me so many goals this season it is unbelievable that he could settle in so quickly

League Table: Second

Champions League: 1st​

For anybody who is reading this October and November updates will be uploaded shortly

Sorry guys there was a page error. As a quick reminder I have sold demba ba for 18 mil. Who should I replace him with.

October and November

October

Red Bull Salzburg 2 (Lindgren 2) Arsenal 7 (Giroud 3, Wilshere 3, Draxler)
This was a real spectacle for me to watch and admire as my side destroyed Red Bull and really deserved to have more. Jack Wilshere astonished me by scoring a hat trick on his return from injury and providing most of the other goals. This could be a sign of things to come as we have to keep this momentum going.

Man of the Match: Jack Wilshere

Man United 0 Arsenal 0
There were many chances in this game but neither side could find a breakthrough but it was a well-earned point by us and Szczesny pulled off some fine saves to keep us level. My first game in charge without scoring as well.

Man of the Match: Woijech Szczesny

Arsenal 3 (Draxler 2, Vermaelen) Fulham 1 (M.Diarra)
This was the perfect way to bounce back from a backs to the wall display against United with three goals against an inform Fulham side. Draxler played really well but his second goal was given to him by Schwarzer as he literally let the ball go over his head.

Man of the Match: Julian Draxler

Arsenal 4 (Giroud 3, Leitner) Celtic 0
This man never ceases to amaze me as he is in hot scoring form in the champions league at the moment and it may as well be called Girouds League because he is destroying anything in his path. We only allowed Celtic one shot in the entire game and this was one which flew wide of the goal.

Arsenal 2 (Giroud, Walcott) West Ham 0 (Nolan S/O)
This game was pretty underwhelming, I thought when Giroud scored that this game was going to be a rout but I was wrong and when Nolan got sent off in the 40th minute our performance began to get worse. But the explosive Theo Walcott came on to seal the deal and wrap up an unconvincing 3 points where we barely found our rhythm.

Man of the Match: N/A

Capital One Cup 4TH Round
Arsenal 4 (Ba 4) West Brom (Long, El Ghannassy)
Well after I ripped into some of my players after their very average display against West Ham, which for some reason the board regard as my best result so far, we or should I say Ba destroyed the West Brom defence. Ba has been held back since returning from injury because of the form of Olivier Giroud but proved to me why he should push for a starting place again with 4 decent goals.

Premier League Position: 2nd

Champions League Position: 1st: 9pts

Player of the Month: Olivier Giroud
This man has proven to me in this month that he should lead my attacking line for many more months to come with consecutive champion’s league hat tricks

Shock of the Month: Carl Jenkinson
It was either going to be him or Corchia but for his displays in the champions league and against United he gets my vote

November

Sunderland 2 (Bramble, Fletcher) Arsenal 3 (Draxler, Giroud, Nem)
This game showed the real fighting spirit of this team as we went a goal down so early I thought we were really going to struggle. But in the second half Theo Walcott produced a brilliant display on the right flank providing all three goals for us. But the fact Fletcher equalised to make it 2-2 worried me yet we scored straight from the kick off. Wow

Man of the Match: Theo Walcott

Celtic 1 (Miku) Arsenal 2 (Giroud, Ba)
First and foremost we have guaranteed passage into the next round as group winners which is brilliant. However, our display lacked flair and creativity at times and we ended on holding on to our slender lead for over 45 long minutes. This was odd because Giroud opened the scoring in the first minute but we failed to really push on from there.

Man of the Match: Laurent Koscielny

Arsenal 2 (Giroud, Podolski) Norwich 1 (Holt)
I think I will mark this down as the worst display of my Arsenal management so far. For 60 minutes we were held back in our own half and were generally appalling until Grant Holt glanced home a header in the 60th minute. From then on we hustled and harried them into losing the ball and in the final ten minutes Giroud and later on Podolski grabbed us a valuable 3 points.

Southampton 1 (Davis) Arsenal 3 (Fernando, Cazorla, Koscielny)
This game was always going to be tough and when they took the lead in the 25 minute mark I really did fear for us but yet again we bounced back well and Fernando equalised in the 27th minute for us. And the rest is history

Man of the Match: Santi Cazorla

Olympiakos 0 Arsenal 4( Ba M/P,Walcott 2, Chamberlain, Albiol)
This game was not as clear cut as it seems here as it took us 70 minutes to break the deadlock but from then on my rotated side destroyed the Greek defence. This was after Ba missed a 4th minute penalty and luckily for him the rest of the squad came to his rescue. But Ba was playing so poorly that I subbed him in the 30th minute and replaced him with two goal Theo Walcott.

Aston Villa 1 (Benteke) Arsenal 3 (Arteta, Nem, Koscielny)
Villa had been performing ever so well in the league so far and in the opening 15 minutes there were 3 goals. Benteke scoring in the middle of an Arteta penalty and Nems goals straight from the kickoff. After that we just dominated the ball and barely gave Villa a sniff.

Man of the Match: Wellington Nem

Capital One Cup Quarter Final
Arsenal 3 (Walcott 2, Nem, Giroud S/O) Chelsea 2 (Cole, Ramires, David Luiz S/O)
This game had absolutely everything and there is too much to talk about, there were big decisions, big goals, big performances and some pretty big misses as well. When Corchia supposedly tripped Eden Hazard in the penalty area I began to really worry for my team especially as Ashley Cole scored the penalty. Also looking back at the foul it was actually outside the area!! But our response was unbelievable as we stormed forward with wave after wave of attack until the 43rd minute when Julian Draxler broke down the left side and played in a great ball across the penalty area for Walcott to tap in. Yet we were not finished there when Walcott ran straight past John Terry and Gary Cahill before smashing the ball past Petr Cech. The whistle went and we were ahead. We continued from where we left off and threw the kitchen sink at Chelsea but to no avail, as Chelsea got a ball down the left with Mata who unleashed a drive at the keeper who spilt to Jovetic who crashed it against the post but 3rd time lucky for Chelsea as Ramires popped up to equalise. Just as I thought things could not get any worse Olivier Giroud lunged in on Cahill and received a straight red card. This led to me having to tell my said to defend for their lives for the final ten minutes so we could get extra time. Yet unbelievably Nem seized the ball from a Chelsea defender and played a teasing ball across the box but Chelsea cleared straight into Theo Walcott, to which the ball fell to Nem who smashed it home and sent me into a lap of honour across the Emirates (my room). With the final whistle looming David Luiz took out his frustration on Nem and received a second yellow card. Phew

December Preview

Arsenal 2 (Fernando, Koscielny) Liverpool 0
I have never been so disappointed when playing Liverpool ever in my FM career. They lacked everything except for the brilliant Pepe Reina who made save after save to stop our barrage of attacks. But he had to stand and watch as Fernando unleashed an Gerrardesque shot from 40 yards out which flew past Reina and nearly broke the net. From then on we were in control of the game and could have had more.

Man of the Match: Fernando

Player of the Month: Laurent Koscielny
The Frenchman is a rock at the heart of my defence

Shock of the Month: Theo Walcott
The winger has been fantastic and has pushed so many people a side but the decision was close between him and Wellington Nem just for the goal against Chelsea :)

Premier League Table:
View attachment 305355
Fixtures:
View attachment 305354