dandwhit

Reaction score
After 6 successful years at the helm of Manchester United (Premier League: 2017, 2018, 2021, FA Cup: 2017, 2021, Champions League: 2021), doing the treble this season (2020-21), I'm considering whether to move on to a new club or continue (Sir Alex Ferguson style) at the club I love. I've won a lot at United but by no means dominated. Every season in the league has been quite close.

My current lineup:

- De Gea (GK)
- Darmian (RB)
- Stones (BPD CB)
- Romagnoli (CD CB)
- Shaw (CB)
- Gnoukouri (BBM CM)
- Pogba (AP CM)
- Januzaj (IF RAM)
- Renato Sanches (AP CAM)
- Memphis (IF LAM)
- Martial (CF ST)

I also have Ronaldo but to be honest he has to fight Memphis for his place in the team when everyone is fit.

So please give me some advice before I start planning for next season:

Should I leave United for a new challenge with a club in France or Germany (Wouldn't move to another club in England straight away) or stay at United for at least another season and probably for how ever more seasons I can fit in until FM 2017?

I'm in 2028 with united mate. Won champions league every year bar 2 and the league every year and I'm still enjoying it!

FINALLY getting state of the art youth and training facilities and the board just increased stadium size to 90 something thousand.

From the original team, I think I only have Shaw left. Most are regens.

I'm really getting in to youth recruitment. Really concentrating scouts to get a beastly under 18 and U21 side with a hope that a couple will become good enough

I'm in 2028 with united mate. Won champions league every year bar 2 and the league every year and I'm still enjoying it!

FINALLY getting state of the art youth and training facilities and the board just increased stadium size to 90 something thousand.

From the original team, I think I only have Shaw left. Most are regens.

I'm really getting in to youth recruitment. Really concentrating scouts to get a beastly under 18 and U21 side with a hope that a couple will become good enough

What was your transfer policy mate,did u go for youth or bring in the big guns straight away?I wanna do a united save as being a utd fan who hasnt managed them on fm for years im feeling the itch to give it ago.would concentrate on developing rashford,periera,fosu-mensah,gribbin etc

What was your transfer policy mate,did u go for youth or bring in the big guns straight away?I wanna do a united save as being a utd fan who hasnt managed them on fm for years im feeling the itch to give it ago.would concentrate on developing rashford,periera,fosu-mensah,gribbin etc

Mostly signed players aged 18-23. I've not been that good at developing and promoting players from the u21s and u18s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im really curious to see what rashford and gribbin in particular could develop into,they are both rated highly at the start of the games so with game time,tutoring etc i reckon they are certs to be world class

Should I stay or go?

Should I stay or go?

Unless you feel you still have more to achieve like breaking club records(if u havent already),getting a new stadium,generate a son or bringing through mainly youth players then i would move on

If you are getting bored then move on, if you want to become a true legend stay. It's a case of where your priorities are. You could always do both by giving your save another name next time you save it.

I decided to leave but I saved as a different name in case things go pear shaped or I don't get a desirable job offer. I feel like it's the right time to leave after doing the treble. I've already got legendary status at the club anyway and who knows, I could return later in the save (if there is enough time before fm2017)

Go manage a lower league team and get them up to the Prem, most fun I've had on FM in years. Pick a team with good facilities if you have the option.

I bought young good players at the start and developed them, anyone not quite good enough were sold at huge profit after using them as rotation players.

Now I'm REALLY stocking up in the youth department and anyone below 3* potential is getting let go.

Increased the amount of coaches and scouts, got a superb head of youth, (he's inter Milans head of youth if you want to look, think he's called Samaden or something similar)

Didn't buy big for a good few years, then decided to get the odd superstar every few years if needed.

I tried to develop Gribbin but he was never better than what I had in the first team.

Left backs are super hard to find in my save, every decent potential fullback is a right back!

Brazilian Jorge has the potential to reach word class as a natural LB, if you get him early enough and develop him. I couldn't buy him for 4 seasons in my current save because my rep wasn't high enough so now he's not nearly as good... I had to spend £40m to get a world class left back. Most annoying.