marcMCFC1986

Reaction score
How good does Timo Werner end up being?

I brought him to Man City for ?13million first season, and loaned him out to Norwich for two seasons then Cardiff for half a season and he did ok at those teams (about 10-15 goals per season at Norwich). Then I played him a bit at the end of the 3rd season and he bagged a few goals, and Dortmund offered ?30million in summer.

I turned it down and played another season, rotating him with Sergio Aguero & Jovetic, and sometimes playing him AML. Now it is January of 4th season and Arsenal are constantly offering ?46million for him.

Should I cash in? Or will he be worth keeping?

Well depends.Can you post an ss of his history and his attributes at the moment ?

I would definitely sell him for 46 mill. He isn't good enough for your team yet but that would be a great profit.

Sale him! dont even think of it.. ;) he is way better on my save and imagine he is 2 years younger too... its a great deal..
Seems his PA in your save isn't great...so no doubt SALE !

2 be honest i would keep him until the end of the season and give him more games ive got him with liverpool and he is doing well plus you might get a bigger offer at the end of the season

2 be honest i would keep him until the end of the season and give him more games ive got him with liverpool and he is doing well plus you might get a bigger offer at the end of the season
Nothing will happen he is already in year 2018.. and he is underperfoming.. its either his development is stalled (as i state that his attributes are worse than mine in 2 years earlier in my save..) or he just reached most of his potential already...
But ye play him some more might increase his value ( personally i wouldnt count on it ).

Last edited:
Can you show me his injury history? Those stats and PA seem awful, he's actually among the best prospects at the start of the game, -10 PA. His stats were considerably better for me only by second year, admittedly I kept him around and played him in first team, but I'm sure his PA can't go down this much without a serious Injury.

i never thought of it like that so its a good point :D

The official editor has Timo Werner at -9 PA. This means he has a large variance of ability, from as good as Daniel Sturridge to as good as Wayne Rooney. I'd say you've got the short end of the stick, and gotten a Timo Werner of very low PA for a -9, and he's just reached it. If Arsenal are offering 46 million, take it. You won't get a better offer, even if you wait until summer. After all, who would pay nearly that much for Daniel Sturridge?

The official editor has Timo Werner at -9 PA. This means he has a large variance of ability, from as good as Daniel Sturridge to as good as Wayne Rooney. I'd say you've got the short end of the stick, and gotten a Timo Werner of very low PA for a -9, and he's just reached it. If Arsenal are offering 46 million, take it. You won't get a better offer, even if you wait until summer. After all, who would pay nearly that much for Daniel Sturridge?

My bad, but look at his stats, he had almost similar stats at the start IIRC, finishing reaches 18 at 21-22 age, for me. His passing was 13 after a season for me, team work was better too. All stats look decreased also he had 5 stars in a team with the likes of Thibaut Courtois and Eden Hazard (both have 185 PA), here he only has 2.5 stars, I'm definitely sure its because of injuries. A torn calf muscle injury basically kills a player in this game.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

I'm at work at the moment, but will upload some screenshots from the extra season I have had with him, and his injury history, when I get home!

I do have an English regen called Ashley Laxton who is 19 and in the first team ahead of him, so may be time to cash-in on Werner! I'll upload him too!

I have bought a load of English players with high potential, aiming to win the Premier League with an almost entirely English Squad!

Definitely sell him, looks like he is finished developing, and I'm sure you have much better strikers.

You ruined his career while loaning him out, if you played him quite regularly in your side (if he didn't get injuries as well), he would have developed into one of the best players in the World, but at 2.5 stars and above average stats, 46 mil for him is unbelievable.

Cool - I'll get rid in the next transfer window then!

Ashley Laxton is awesome anyway, and got loads of young english players with 5* potential so will be giving them plenty of chances!

I've had him for 3 years with Arsenal and he's been wonderful. His stats aren't that great but he scored 52 goals for me last season, 44 in the league!!

i just renewed his contract and offered him 150k, but now i'm worried that with this kind of wage nobody's gonna buy him.
what do u guys think?

Timo Werner is so good it's almost cheating. I bought him in the first season with Spurs where he scored 25 goals in 34 apps at the age of 17! leading the line for me now and got 30 goals and 10 assists in his second season. Will only get better.