Tips for a Successful Career?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sambo Egg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5K

Sambo Egg

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm really struggling to find a team I enjoy playing as. Does anyone have any tips for getting interested in the game? The first season is so tedious and I have only got past it once. My most interesting game was as CDN in the Liga Portuguesa where I stayed for four seasons before the save file corrupted but I often play the first few games of pre-season and then get bored and switch team.

Does anyone have any tips to keep me interested in the game?

Thanks,
Sam.

Just one: Take it seriously.

Even though I do understand what you're saying. Just find the right team for YOU, and you simply can't stop being interested and find it as entertaining as when you just started.

That's actually a good point. In my CDN one I spent ages sorting out training schedules, transfer targets, note padded who to buy and sell and I loved it. But ever since I just haven't put the effort to the foundations in to make it interesting.

I'm not sure who to be if I'm honest. I want to be a team where I won't trounce everyone that comes my way. Just a decent challenge with potential to be a top side in a few years?

Thank you so much. :)

Atalanta! start with 6 point deduction as well :) Sampdoria is also quality :)

I like your thinking. I'll go with Atalanta! Thanks :)

If you like point deductions and Italy just choose a random team from Seria C. Pretty much all of them have some sort of deduction to begin with.

I personally prefer La Liga. Overcoming the Madrid/Barca dominance is not an easy task, but it is attainable. My last 2 saves were with Malaga (somewhat easy due to their sugar daddy) and Betis. I am loving my Betis save as they have a stadium that seats over 50,000 and a couple of exceptional youth talents (even though Vadillo is their only U-19 that I plan on building my team around). They also have several attacking players (and Benat who is criminally underrated...will be much better in next years game). Moreover, you can play in the memory of Miki Roque after his recent tragic death. Besides them, I have often wanted to build Udinese due to their excellent youth development system or maybe try and bring Red Star back to prominence. Those would be my suggestions...

Just starting of at any small team should be an exciting challenge. Or even managing a sugar daddy club too, mainly PSG or Malaga. Man city is just to easy :P

Stick with a team.
Learn to lose.
Never give up.
Have a goal every season.
Keep yourself motivated.
Enjoy your save.

try fc sion -36 points or soemthing would be an amazing acheivment if u could keep them up

Focus on bringing the regens through!

build a new generation of players for you team like Fergie - he's been playing the same save for 20 odd years

after seeing someone say that United get like £49m to spend I decided to start a new one :) I always start with United at the beginning of every FM and normally have one more during the year sometime, however, this time my aim is to clear all debts ASAP! I have sold a lot of players and freed up wages and have only signed Ze Roberto for free so far and will rely on signing free players and cheap players etc to build a title winning team and making profits every month!

Still thinking if I should just rely on free signings only... might be fun!

To get the best out of the game, take a small team from the lowest league right to the top as champions of europe. Building a dynasty brings the most satisfaction from the game. :)

You've really just got to make the most out of what you've got. I was sacked by Brighton for poor performance and moved over to the German Second Division. I'm now managing FC Energie Cottbus and thorougly enjoying it. The league is really competitive, the fans are incredibly expectant and the players that come out of the youth squad are phenomenal.

I highly recommend playing in Germany

To get the best out of the game, take a small team from the lowest league right to the top as champions of europe. Building a dynasty brings the most satisfaction from the game. :)

Yeah so true, unless you are playing my save. Then this statement doesn't apply cause I will never win the Champs League. Although it is fun to see how painstaking it is to actually build up a team to do this. Maybe it would be faster if I would actually spend money, but oh well. Rather have money than go in admin. Maybe in 50 more years I will win the Champs league...can't wait for that day to come!

Yeah so true, unless you are playing my save. Then this statement doesn't apply cause I will never win the Champs League. Although it is fun to see how painstaking it is to actually build up a team to do this. Maybe it would be faster if I would actually spend money, but oh well. Rather have money than go in admin. Maybe in 50 more years I will win the Champs league...can't wait for that day to come!

Well 7 seasons in and I am challenging for the title so that is almost won, next step is europe. I have a new stadium coming in 2 seasons and have improved alot of the facilities at the club but there is still room for improvement. Patience is definately a virtue with this save but has definately been satisfying :)

Start unemployed and give yourself "Sunday League Experience"... No harder challenge than that.

You'll soon start to enjoy it as it really is challenging, not only do you need to try and build your teams reputation but also your own so you can move on to bigger and better things.

I'm in my 4th season with Deportivo La Coruna in Liga BBVA who took over when they were in Liga Adelante, now a solid mid-table team but still my reputation isn't brilliant... The best jobs I've been offered are Rochdale and Wycombe in League 2 and 1 respectively.

Seriously, when something is a real hard challenge, you want nothing more than to beat it.

Start unemployed and give yourself "Sunday League Experience"... No harder challenge than that.

You'll soon start to enjoy it as it really is challenging, not only do you need to try and build your teams reputation but also your own so you can move on to bigger and better things.

I'm in my 4th season with Deportivo La Coruna in Liga BBVA who took over when they were in Liga Adelante, now a solid mid-table team but still my reputation isn't brilliant... The best jobs I've been offered are Rochdale and Wycombe in League 2 and 1 respectively.

Seriously, when something is a real hard challenge, you want nothing more than to beat it.

I normally start as Sunday League Experience for basically the last 30 saves of the last 4 years of this game. I started a new save and wanted to get better faster before the new game came out so I actually went with International Experience.

Last edited:

I start all my games with Sunday League Experience :), I assume the higher the choice, the easier it is.

try fc sion -36 points or soemthing would be an amazing acheivment if u could keep them up

the swiss super league only has 9 teams on the latest patch so you won't go down automatically, even if you finish plumb last you're in a playoff against 2nd in the challenge elague so it's not as hard as it sounds. however the first year the challenge league (swiss second tier) has 16 clubs which drops to 10 for the seasond season so there's something stupid like 8 relegation places in year 1 so taking a team predicted to finish last in that league and surviving would be harder then sion.

Back