Reaction score
Hey guys. I've played a few seasons with the big money clubs to get into the game, but now I'm looking to start a more challenging type of game. I was thinking of playing in ligue 2. any tips for that level? I was looking to try Metz.

Don't get attached to players, you're going to be bringing in a lot of free transfers with the goal of selling them later on at a profit. Your Key players are money makers. Unless you're expecting a promotion run, they are worth more to you as cash (to upgrade facilities) than as an expense (their wages). If you get good offers for them, let them go. You're in League One/Two . . . your key players won't be there for long as you rise up the leagues.

Excellent advice on League One/Two in England. I think Impeached is talking about the French 2nd division, with FC Metz, a club with a 26000+ seat stadium. I think they will be favorites to win Ligue 2, so it will be somewhat like playing a big club, but then what happens after promotion? You'll need to change tactics: there will be clubs effectively way out of your league, er, ligue, and you'll just be trying for a draw, or to keep the score down when you're up against PSG, OM, etc. I'd expect after promotion, you'll get some wage space and should use it to shore up defense first and build from the back.