tips for surviving promotions??

Chrissy5

Reaction score
hey, im kinda new to FM seen as the last football manager game i bought was Championship Manager 01/02

i read this blog whatever about lower league managment and thought id give it a go, so i chose AFC Telford because users on here gave them a decent rating.

after one season i got promoted through the play-offs

and would like some tips on how to avoid relegation

i play with a 4-3-1-2 formation with attacking mentality, my passing style is direct and tempo is quick, also i have chosen the biggest size pitch avaliable and play wide

any tips?

cheers

When playing away from home, put your mentality to normal, your defensive line to deep and play counter attack. That worked for me and i won back to back promotions with Harrogate Town, currently 4th in league 2 after 10 games!

i'm following the opponent mentality, usually i set to normal mentality until first half and see what u got, if u're lead the match, just play defensive with counter attack, otherwise play all out attack and play hard tackling. that's how i manage gillingham(cocacola 2), and in my 4th season i'm at premier league.

Last edited:
Use mentality to close the gaps batween Def-Mid-Forw. even more. This has effect playing against a technical quality team, against physical teams I wouldn't recomend.