Kubzy

Reaction score
I am managing Wolves and the finances seem to be going downhill.

I can't seem to sell anyone. I'm not sure what the problem is, maybe the players I am offering aren't good enough. I don't know.

So I was wondering how everyone manages to sell players and do so well with finances?

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Don't offer players out at full value ie ?15m up front.

Offer him out at around ?7.5m with another ?7.5m after 30 league appearance etc.

Sometimes you will get more than one club offering like above so accept one bid and reject the rest. Then process a day in the game then repeat the process like above but with a slighter bigger offer (like ?7.5m up front and ?9m after 30 league games).

I have been doing this recently and managed to bring in over ?80m in one transfer window on my long term save.

Be realistic is all i can say.

If the players you are selling don't get game time or play badly then you can't expect to sell them for much :)

I do this all the time and i managed to sell players for ?108m whilst spending ?3.98m and still winning all 7 trophies available to me ;)

ive just done a save with wolves i sold most of team and my finanaces where bad until i got back to premiership !! luckily got back to back promotions !! jus thang in there the do inprove aventually lol

What jean-luc said is the main thing that most people overlook and the reason they often get pissy.

Really need to work on getting those players you want to sell in a position where you're being asked to sell them. Playing them is the easiest and best way of doing so, granted some players just wont pick up interest(usually a mix of age and wage demands). You'll often find by being fairly realistic in your valuations and expectations you can still turn a solid profit and not worry so much about it.

i sold izmali(spelling) too liverpool edwards too reading and sigurdsson too fulham and stearman too ipswich all decent players but received decent amounts for my title challenge in first season.

signed vellios(everton) on loan mcleary(reading) loan. dont sell leigh griffiths he is lethal he has scored 28goals by end of January

What jean-luc said is the main thing that most people overlook and the reason they often get pissy.

Really need to work on getting those players you want to sell in a position where you're being asked to sell them. Playing them is the easiest and best way of doing so, granted some players just wont pick up interest(usually a mix of age and wage demands). You'll often find by being fairly realistic in your valuations and expectations you can still turn a solid profit and not worry so much about it.

I also want to completely contradict this guy, be ultra unrealistic some times it works. I sold fairly average players like Amido Balde, and Virgil Dan Dijk for 15 million each.

I also want to completely contradict this guy, be ultra unrealistic some times it works. I sold fairly average players like Amido Balde, and Virgil Dan Dijk for 15 million each.

Then clearly they were of interest to some teams, so again knowing that teams are after them can drive the price up.
Hardly contradicts what I said considering they must have been wanted.

Then clearly they were of interest to some teams, so again knowing that teams are after them can drive the price up.
Hardly contradicts what I said considering they must have been wanted.

well, not everything you said, just the last part about being realistic in asking prices. They were both only worth 3 million at the time.

well, not everything you said, just the last part about being realistic in asking prices. They were both only worth 3 million at the time.

I wouldn't read much into player value, if a player is wanted and is playing well at a reasonable age expect 15-20mil.
Sergi Roberto is a perfect example, his value hardly climbs all that much but I've been fighting off 30mil bids for him for a season and half.

Did you do anything specific - like set their asking price to 15 mio. or something similar.
Are there any tips or tricks to achieving a higher price that the value of the player?

Did you do anything specific - like set their asking price to 15 mio. or something similar.
Are there any tips or tricks to achieving a higher price that the value of the player?

I set them to 10 million initially, then clubs backed off, the only teams who were really interested stayed interested. Then if I got bids matching or close to the asking price, I upped my asking price to 15 million, then just rinse and repeat. I had Van Dijk's set at 15 million, I got bids of 12.5, so I upped my asking price to 30 million, and I got the 15 million bid I really wanted. This has worked for Amido Balde, Billy McKay, Giannis Gianniotas, Izaguirre, Forrest. The most important thing is though, they have to be playing well.