Tips to get board to approve a new stadium

raclariu

Reaction score
I'm managing Almeria, year 2024 (current stadium was build in 2004), and i just got the option to build new stadium. My current stadium is at expansion capacity of 49.000, was at 22.000 when i started managing in 2011. My balance is at 144m, transfer budget at 200m, club estimated value at 733m, worldwide rep, won CHLeague 5 times in last 6 years, Liga BBVA like 6 times in a row, Copa del Rey countelss times, Spanish Supercup countless times, Euro Supercup like 5 times, Club world Champ like 5 times and my players getting world/euro player of the year, ballon d'or every year and so on, so i have won everything i could have won. And i'm getting like 48950 average attendance per/season. Any tips to get my board accept building a new stadium ?

Last edited:
I'm managing Almeria, year 2024 (current stadium was build in 2004), and i just got the option to build new stadium. My current stadium is at expansion capacity of 49.000, was at 22.000 when i started managing in 2011. My balance is at 144m, transfer budget at 200m, club estimated value at 733m, worldwide rep, won CHLeague 5 times in last 6 years, Liga BBVA like 6 times in a row, Copa del Rey countelss times, Spanish Supercup countless times, Euro Supercup like 5 times, Club world Champ like 5 times and my players getting world/euro player of the year, ballon d'or every year and so on, so i have won everything i could have won. And i'm getting like 48950 average attendance per/season. Any tips to get my board accept building a new stadium ?

Do you have a fierce rivalry with anyone? If so when the reject say "If this request isn't granted I can see us being left behind our rivals". Usually works for me.

having similar problems with PSG. i think you just have to be patient and try as often as you can. And are you filling out your stadium all the time? every match? if you have 19 stadium sellouts in a season, then there is a very good chance that you'll get a new stadium.

If your really desperate to get a new stadium then save the game and request a new one from the board. If they reject your request, reload the save file and ask an alternative response to building a new stadium, you will be surprised how this works. Same thing can apply to requesting other things from the board, if the request is money dependent then obviously the lack of funds will give you the same rejected response.

lol but that's cheating mate. of course people would do that.

lol but that's cheating mate. of course people would do that.

I agree fully and don't see the point hence why I put if your desperate enough lol I guess people do it, I know someone that does and that is why I posted it. It's like using any editor to amend details, what is the point? Play the game as it is. It is ****** frustrating getting a stadium improved let alone a new 1 built. It took me ages to get a new stadium built on my Dover save, although the board have taken a loan out to build it, £250k a month repayments for 20 odd years.

your reputation likely hurts you. Your rep would make the board want to build a world leading.stadium which is massive expensive. Plus you arent really selling out and i doubt almeria has a large population to justify a new stadio.

Tbh the board requests on this game are frustating most of the time. I haven't been able to improve my youth recruitment network for ages now, it is stuck on 'above average' and every season I get rubbish regens. I would like to bring my own players through my own system but stuck with spending money and buying others.

I forgot to reply to this post, i am not managing Almeria now, currently playing few hours daily with 5 friends online, but i'm playing football manager 2007. But on topic, i got the stadium some time ago :D randomly after i won another title, not even requesting new stadium anymore, board shocked me. And they were saying something about "211m euro loan", but when i checked Loans, i had only a 2m euro loan that, later that month, board paid it (i had like 400m euro balance and 500m transfer budget, why loaning lol ?). By far, the best acomplishment i got with almeria beside 11 champions leagues in 12 years without cheating, hate that too, was the 5* rating for reputation for few months then got back to 4&1/2*. Never saw that in any previous games and i've played like hundreds of hours of fm. Imo this game is too **** easy, you take one weak scout and put him scout a player that has all attributes hidden and after the report card, all attributes are shown. Should be WAY WAY harder to see the attributes, 4-5 different scouts to check him, then still not all attributes to be shown, makes it more like a gamble.
jr3fht.jpg

Last edited: