vandamme84

Reaction score
Which TI's would you use for away games with following formation.

4-2-3-1 with wingers, balanced, standard mentality.

I wanna play a dominating possession football and also keeping a clean shape.

I use at the moment:
short passing, look for overlap, work ball into box, play out of defence, hassle opponent, push higher up.

Still conceding to many goals.

thx

Lol, probably remove "Push Higher Up", and maybe add "Drop Deeper"..

Do you have technical ,strong players to go along with your ambition?It's as simple as that..

Do you have technical ,strong players to go along with your ambition?It's as simple as that..

I am playing with dortmund and I think I have go technical, strong team. But I am still struggling by away games. especially against stronger or equal opponents...

Hassle the Opponent is more discipline related, iirc. It refers more the amount of tackling that your team makes.. By Drop Deeper, I meant instructing the team[especially the defence] to maintain a deeper line-up, and not participate too much upfront.

Find out which part of your opponents is weaker ,less technical...exploit it by playing on that side...You need to do more detective work here...Each game is a new battle..Good luck...

In away games you should drop the D-line (drop deeper), not play wide and look for Balanced, counter mentality, being rigid or very rigid.

If you want to have a better view, try to see the smaller sides in the Spanish/Portuguese league, playing against Real or Atletico (Barca is not an example).

They also play with 3 upfront, 2 wingers and a striker, all very pacey, running with the ball. But don't forget that they all, and i mean really all, play behind the ball.