R.Belka

Reaction score
Don't ever buy your stadium. Seriously the rent is cheaper.

I've made the bad decision (in hindsight) of buying it, causing me to haemorrhage 680K a month, until 2041- goodbye monthly profits.

Owning your own stadium should also shoot up your ground maintenance. It's because you have to look after each seat now instead of its owners.

It will probably depend on the owner and how much they want to charge you rent. In some circumstances it may be better to own the stadium, others it may be best just to rent it.

German league don't have rich clubs, especially the ones who are renting stadiums.

Well I have 20M in the bank.

I can only hope I get a stadium sponsorship thing (like 20 to 40m a year) to help pay off the debt.

In this case, its better to just rent. Infact in all cases.

German clubs aren't rich? WTF? Have you seen the prize money for the Budesliga? It is more than the EPL. Along with sponsorship, which will be of similar amounts if not more than the EPL... And on top of that, money from Europe....
Bayern, Dortmund, Bremen, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg... These are all rich clubs. I don't know what you are on about.

I agree that for lower club this would be a problem however.

Last edited:
Well I am Dusseldorf, and now in the Bundesliga (promoted), and in Europe (EURO cup, via winning the DFB Pokal Cup)