To Become the Mainz Team in German Football

Walter Wooks

Reaction score
26th June 2012

President Harold Strutz has quickly decided to fill the vacant manager with an unknown entity.

Vaclav Idobe a young English/Serbian manager takes up his first ever managing role.

View attachment 293415

Full Name - 1. Fußball- und Sport-Verein Mainz 05 e.V.

Nicknames - Die Nullfünfer (the O-Fives),
Karnevalsverein (Carnival club)

Founded - 27 March 1905

Ground - Coface Arena (Capacity:34,034)

View attachment 293418

President - Harald Strutz

Manager - Vaclav Idobe

Coach - TBA

League - Bundesliga

2011/2012 - 13th (39pts)

26th June 2012

Harold Strutz - As President of this wonderful club I'd like to welcome you Fans, Journalist and Players to your new Manager....

Vaclav Idobe.

He is a young English/Serbian Manager and this will be his first post in a long and lengthy career. It is my honor to be able to give this talented individual a chance to hit the ground running and to win the hearts of you people who sit before me.

Vaclav Idobe - Thank you Harold for that humbling introduction.

I'm a simple manager, i like basic football, there is no point passing the ball around like Barcelona if you don't have the quality needed. Much Like Stoke City back in my native country of England. They play to their strengths and they do it well. That is what I aim to do with your wonderful club.

We have top training facilities here which most of the clubs in German football have. This is one of the main reasons I love this league so much! My focus is too get players an get them playing in a way which I want them too. If they don't cut it, they will be sold on.

Also regarding our star players, I'm afraid we aren't in a position to decline suitable offers which we may receive. But I promise you this...

If a star player leaves they will be replaced by someone who I think is as good as them or if not better.

Finances

I have been entrusted with a budget of £869k and a wage budget of £420K p/w, based on a mid-table finish.

I'm
looking to eclipse our record of 13th last season with a total of 39pts.

I'm looking to cut our wages down as it currently stands at £402k p/w.

Squad

Goalkeepers

Christian Wetklo
View attachment 293420
Heinz Muller

View attachment 293422

Loris Karius

View attachment 293423

3 Goalkeepers at the Club with Muller and Wetklo competing for the First Team jersey with Karius sitting in the U23 squad

Right Back

Marco Caligiuri

View attachment 293424

Zdenek Pospech

View attachment 293425

Radoslav Zabavnik

View attachment 293426

Tobias Schilk

View attachment 293427

4 options for the Right Back position, Zabavnik can play RB or LB and looks strongest however he is out injured for 6 weeks - 2 months. Caligiuri looks to be the starter with Pospech as back up. Schilk is the prospect from the U23's

Left Back

Malik Fathi

View attachment 293429

Junior Enrique Diaz

View attachment 293430

Malik Fathi is currently out on loan at Kayserispor for the season with no recall. Diaz isnt going to be good enough sadly to hold down a first team spot and with Zabavnik injured a new LB is needed.

Centre Back

Jan Kirchhoff

View attachment 293431

Bo Svensson

View attachment 293432

Nikolce Noveski

View attachment 293433

Manuel Schneider

View attachment 293434
Probably one of the strongest areas of the team Kirchhoff is only 21 and the best Defender at the club, Svensson and Noveski are getting old but are good enough. Schneider is the pick of the Defenders in the U23 Squad.

Centre Midfield

Eugen Polanski
View attachment 293437

Elkin Soto
View attachment 293438
Julian Baumgartlinger
View attachment 293439
Jared Jeffrey
View attachment 293440
3 great options to have in the middle of the park. Soto is arguably the best player at the club however at 31 and £33k a week he may be moved on. Jeffrey is the pick of the U23 Centre Midfielders.​

Wingers

Andreas Ivanschitz

View attachment 293441

Marcel Risse

View attachment 293443

Peter Perchtold

View attachment 293444

Maxim Choupo-Moting

View attachment 293445

Yunus Malli

View attachment 293446

Nicolai Muller

View attachment 293447

Chinedu Ede

View attachment 293448
Nikita Rukavytsya

View attachment 293449

Plenty of options Wide Right, Wide Left and in the Attacking Midfield role. 2 maybe 3 aren't good enough and may be moved on. No decent prospects in the U23 Squad.

Strikers

Adam Szalai

View attachment 293450

Ivan Klasnic

View attachment 293451

Anthony Ujah

View attachment 293452
Slzalai is the key player here. Klasnic can do a job but is getting on. Ujah is young and is spending the season on loan at Koln. Maybe a loan move is needed up top?

Did Adam Slzalai play for Liverpool by any chance or is it just me wondering?

Cool, Mainz was one of the teams I considered to make a story of at some point. Interested in seeing how you do it.

As a note about formatting, I'd say either the portrait atop the name or add a few empty lines between the photo and the name of the next, I keep falling in the first moment to link the name to the photo above. And in the first of all, missing the first name.

Pre Season

FSV Mainz v FSV Mainz II

1-0

Pospech

Our Blushes were spared with a 78th minute goal from our substitute Right Back after a great counter from the youngster Shawn Parker.
A solid performance however dominating possession and chances.

Star Player

View attachment 293464

Big Loan Signing

I am happy to announce the signing of Italian U21 International Federico Macheda who will join on loan for the season.

View attachment 293466

Left Back Signs on Dotted Line

I am Pleased to announce the signing of Eric Lichaj the USA International to the club. Eric can play Right Back or Left Back but will be the number 1 Left Back at the club!

View attachment 293467

Pre Season

Plauen v FSV Mainz

0-3

Szalai Macheda 2

Macheda starts his Mainz career of brilliantly with 2 fine finishes.
Szalai gave them the lead in the 40th minute after a neat cutback from Rukavytsya.
Macheda made it 2 after Half Time on the 53rd after another cut back from
Rukavytsya, Macheda found the keeper with his first shot but put in the rebound.
Macheda got his 2nd and Mainz 3rd after a loose ball in the box from Yunus Malli fell and Macheda stabbed it home.

3 goals and a clean sheet great stuff!

Star Player

View attachment 293466

Cool, Mainz was one of the teams I considered to make a story of at some point. Interested in seeing how you do it.

As a note about formatting, I'd say either the portrait atop the name or add a few empty lines between the photo and the name of the next, I keep falling in the first moment to link the name to the photo above. And in the first of all, missing the first name.

Thanks man! Will take your points into consideration on the next one!

DFB-POKAL Draw

View attachment 293471

Mainz have been drawn away from home in the first round of the DFB-Pokal.

They take on SC Furstenfeldbruck who are a semi-professional team who are based just west of Munich and 400+km drive.​

Nicolai Muller

FCV Mainz regret to announce the decison that Nicolai Muller has moved to Bundesliga rivals VfB Stuttgart for a price of €3.9m. We Would like to thank Nicolai for his time at the club since joining from SpVgg Greuther Furth for €1.7m in 2011.

He made a total of 23 appearences and scored 4 goals for the club.

We wish him all the best.

View attachment 293475View attachment 293477

Pre Season

FSV Mainz v Zenit St Petersburg

0-1

Kerzhakov

A 91st minute goal from Kerzhakov undid our fine defensive performance.

We struggled going forward but defending strong is how we will win games!

Star Player

View attachment 293481

Jan Kirchhoff

Pre Season

FSV Mainz v Wormatia Worms

0-1

Rosner

Terrible performance, attacking and defending wise. If we play like this in the league we will be getting relegated!

Only Soto could come out of this game with a bit of pride.

Star Player

View attachment 293486
Elkin Soto

Pre Season

YF Juventus v FSV Mainz

1-5

Cortesi - Rukavytsya Macheda Szalai Klasnic Noveski

A great turn round after last time out! I'm pleased with the way the lads have recovered.

It took 17 minutes for Rukavytsya to open the scoring from a header for Pospech's cross.
Mainz doubled their lead 10 minutes later on the 26th minute after a Szalai cross was prodded home from 4 yards by Macheda.
Mainz made it 3 as Szalai picked up the ball on the edge of the box from a Pospech pass and he swivelled to hit a fine shot from the edge of the box into the far corner.
Juventus got back into the game with a goal from Cortesi from a Berthod cross which he duly swept home into the bottom corner in the 65th minute.
In the 74th minute heatbreak for the Juventus fans as Yunus Malli slipped a perfect through ball behind the Juventus back line for Klasnic to gamble and hammer home into the top corner.
Noveski headed home on the 82nd minute to kill the game from a long Lichaj throw.

Star Player

View attachment 293488
Nikolce Noveski

Pre Season

Willem II v FSV Mainz

0-0

A strong solid defensive performance yet again!

Star Player

View attachment 293489

Zdenek Pospech

Pre Season

Katwijk v FSV Mainz

0-3

Macheda Ivanschitz Choupo-Moting

Another clean sheet and this time we looked a threat going forward.
It took 13 minutes for Macheda to open his account after a fine run and delivery from Rukavytsya left Macheda to thump it home from 12 yards.
5 minutes later the lead was doubled as a defensive mix up allowed Ivanschitz to capitalise and prod home.
Mainz sealed the win with a 91st minute goal from a long looping ball in from Pospech evaded the Katwijk keeper for Choupo-Moting to head in on the line.

Star Player

View attachment 293495

Nikita Rukavytsya

Pre Season Analysis

A fine finish to pre season! Both new signings have been excellent the defence also have been class! But for me Rukavytsya has been on absolute fire

Star Player

View attachment 293495

Nikita Rukavytsya

Young Starlet Signs

I am pleased to announce Brazilian born Adryan has signed on the dotted line for a fee of €1m from Flamengo.

He will come straight into the squad for the DFB-Pokal First Round match.

Last season Adryan started 13 games for Flamengo and scored 2 goals and assisted 5.

He is definitely one for now and the future.

View attachment 293498

DFB-Pokal 1st Round

View attachment 293505

SC Furstenfeldbruck v FSV Mainz

0-2

Szalai 2

Into the Second Round of the Cup as Adam Szalai's double takes FSV Mainz through!
His first came on 34 minutes as an error from SC Furstenfeldbruck centre half gifted him with the easiest of finishes.He doubled his and Mainz's tally in the 58th minute from a Rukavytsya cross and he strongly volleyed into the net.

Star Player

View attachment 293504

Adam Szalai

DFB-Pokal Second Round Draw

View attachment 293506

FSV Mainz have been drawn away against Bundesliga opposition FC Augsburg.

Mainz will travel down to the west of Munich again travelling 360 km to Ausburg​

Bundesliga

Borussia Dortmund v FSV Mainz

1-0

Subotic

A good performance in which we defended superbly and attacked with real threat. We couldnt however break through Dortmunds goal. Adryan hitting the bar so did Ivanschitz. Subotic scored a good header from a free kick.

Man of the Match

View attachment 293510

Marcel Schmelzer

August Player of the Month

Adam Szalai has been namked FSV Mainz player of the month for August.

Only 2 competitive games were played and Szalai was the clear runner with his 2 goals against SC Furstenfeldbruck and a solid leading the line performance away at Dortmund.

View attachment 293512

Back