• CSKA Moscow

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

jorgio

Going to start a new career for these forums. I want to be one of these teams but I can't decide on my own so it's up to you!

My reasons for choosing are:
Dortmund - German champions and former champions of Europe have great players on the books such as Lewandowski, Gotze, Reus and Hummels
Derby County - my biggest local club, not a fan but they're from my area so why not?
CSKA Moscow - bring some success to Russia in the form of international competitions
Athletic Bilbao - the transfer policy interests me and I've never been them before
San Marino challenge - because why not?!

Open to any other ideas, if someone posts a great idea I could just go with that ;).

If this thread becomes popular and I keep up with it I will open several other areas to a public poll, such as transfer policy etc.

Bilbao were my favourite's in FM12 so I recommend them but you have to be in it for the long haul.

How did you add a poll? I see it at the bottom of the screen when I start a new thread but never see the place where you put in the choices! Do you post the thread and it goes to a different screen?

Bilbao would be really difficult because Llorente usually doesn't sign a new contract. SO you would be left with 3 options: Hope he signs a new contract with you, sell him and get some money or let him go on a pre contract and get nothing. I would choose the second one so at least you get some money that you can invest into some great Basque players like Griezmann. You could also just sell him but with the option to keep him for the season.

Bilbao were my favourite's in FM12 so I recommend them but you have to be in it for the long haul.

How did you add a poll? I see it at the bottom of the screen when I start a new thread but never see the place where you put in the choices! Do you post the thread and it goes to a different screen?

That's exactly what happens!

Would love to see a Borussia Dortmund story on here! Will follow whoever wins the poll though. Good luck

Me too, that's who I voted for ;D

Bilbao would be really difficult because Llorente usually doesn't sign a new contract. SO you would be left with 3 options: Hope he signs a new contract with you, sell him and get some money or let him go on a pre contract and get nothing. I would choose the second one so at least you get some money that you can invest into some great Basque players like Griezmann. You could also just sell him but with the option to keep him for the season.

The second option is the one I'd go for, I reckon I could get a lot for him, they seem to want 35m for him at the start of the game!

bilbao is extremely hard, as you would expect to get some good regens, but a=every year i got **** all. plus llorente leaves as he doesnt want to sign contract. ****** basterd. gave up after 3 seasons.

I voted for CSKA Moscow, had a great save as them on FM10, won 7 Russian leagues in a row and a CL, very enjoyable!

I can't say I'm not happy that Dortmund is the winning choice so far ;). Especially after what dilakh2 said :p.

Dortmund, Dortmund über alles.

Borussia Dortmund, ich liebe dich.

View attachment 280461

A little bit of history

Ballspiel-Verein Borussia 1909 e. V. Dortmund, better known as Borussia Dortmund are a team located, unsurprisingly, in Dortmund, Germany. They play in the Bundesliga and have won the competition on the past two occasions. They won the Champions League for the only time in the 1996-97 season with help from current Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert who set up the opening goal for the Der BVB.

The Squad

The squad contains some players who are close to world class quality. These include Lewandowski, Götze, Reus, Hummels along with other quality players.

View attachment 280463

The team report shows that the squad is a strong one and I should be able to gain at least Champion's League qualification. The only worry for me is LB but as the board have only given me 2.8m and 40k p/w wages I doubt I'll be able to significantly strengthen on Schmelzer. I'll probably use this money to tie down any contracts which are running low on time and try and get rid of some release clauses if any exist in the squad.

The formation I intend to play is a 4-2-3-1 with Lewandowski up front on his own with support from G
ötze, Reus and Blaszczykowski. I will use Sven Bender to shore up the defence although I reckon Hummels and Subotic should be able to cope with most oppositions.

For some reason there are no friendlies arranged for over the summer, I'm going to give it a week and if they still haven't been arranged I'll arrange some myself.

Okay so most of my squad are on holiday until just before the Super Cup against Bayern. After the Super Cup I've got a month until the first league game so I'll arrange some friendlies in between the two.

Looks good, interested how your going to go about getting new LB maybe, with such a low budget, but maybe theirs some players who you could sell which you don't need to raise it up a bit.

Good luck with Super Cup and with the story.

Looks good, interested how your going to go about getting new LB maybe, with such a low budget, but maybe theirs some players who you could sell which you don't need to raise it up a bit.

Good luck with Super Cup and with the story.

The players who I don't really want are worth practically nothing so I don't think I will be upgrading my LB just yet, Schmelzer will suffice for a season I hope. Going to increase the squad depth with a loan or two.

Matthias Ostrzolek sign him, he's German, cheap (£2.2m) and turn amazing. Think he's a wonderkid

The Super Cup didn't start brilliantly. I was 2-0 down within 9 minutes, both crosses to Ribery. The first half ending up being a complete write off and I was 3-0 down before the referee finally blew. Needless to say I was disappointed by this and told my players this. It took until the 70th minute for me to score with Gotze playing a through ball for Lewandowski and him coolly slotting past Neuer. This was how the match remained and the Super Cup went to Munich. I decided to not pay any attention to friendlies as all my first team squad was on holiday so I won't bore you with the details

Matthias Ostrzolek sign him, he's German, cheap (£2.2m) and turn amazing. Think he's a wonderkid

I had a look and neither I nor my scouts were too impressed but thanks for the idea anyway. I decided to spend my transfer budget on staff overhauling coaching, physios and scouts.

The Super Cup didn't start brilliantly. I was 2-0 down within 9 minutes, both crosses to Ribery. The first half ending up being a complete write off and I was 3-0 down before the referee finally blew. Needless to say I was disappointed by this and told my players this. It took until the 70th minute for me to score with Gotze playing a through ball for Lewandowski and him coolly slotting past Neuer. This was how the match remained and the Super Cup went to Munich. I decided to not pay any attention to friendlies as all my first team squad was on holiday so I won't bore you with the details

I had a look and neither I nor my scouts were too impressed but thanks for the idea anyway. I decided to spend my transfer budget on staff overhauling coaching, physios and scouts.
FM 2013 Player Profile - Matthias Ostrzolek - Football Manager Scouting Network | Football Manager Scouting Network

Check that pal, looks immesne.

A disappointing August

August began with two friendlies. Both were played at Signal Iduna Park and involved Der BVB beating Liege and the might Real Madrid.

Before the first competitive game a heavy training workload to try and cement new formations into Dortmund players' minds saw injuries to Marco Reus and Ilkay Gundogan with the latter being out for 3 months, a big loss.

August's first competitive match watch in the German Cup against Second Division club Erfurt and saw Jakub Blaszczykowski score a 49th minute winner to provide Der BVB with an unconvincing but necessary win. Bender came off injured in this match but luckily the knock was not serious and he should soon be available for selection again.

The opening league match for Der BVB came away to FC Nurnberg which presented an opportunity to gain a win against an unconvincing Nurnberg side, right? Wrong. We were outplayed from start to finish and a hat trick from Tomas Pekhart saw Nurnberg destroy Borrussia Dortmund 5-0. Dortmund are unsurprisingly bottom of the Bundesliga.

Surely September can only get better?

An overview of player/staff transfers:

View attachment 280479View attachment 280480
August results:

View attachment 280481

P.S. Not wrote one of these before, any feedback is welcome!

Last edited:
September 2012

The window closes and the groups are drawn.

First things first, the last day of August which I didn't include in the last post. Two significant things happened here, transfer deadline day and the group stage draw for the Champion's League. The transfer window closed without much fanfare for myself, I had no money and very few wages to play around with. The Dortmund board seem to be a lot more strict than other boards and will make sure that you stick to the wage budget forcefully. As for the Champion's League draw I was seeded 4th, last to be drawn. The draw looked kind with only one extremely tough group, Group H....my group. I got drawn along with Barcelona, Juventus and Zenit. To put this into perspective the next toughest group I could have got would have been Valencia, A C Milan and PSG.

Some success in the league.

The first match of the month was at home to Frankfurt. This was a good chance to put the previous result behind us and start afresh. The players did exactly that. Lewandowski scored after just 2 minutes and although Frankfurt equalised shortly after two second half goals from Lewandowski and another from Piszczek secured the result in convincing fashion.

Next was an altogether tougher fixture, Leverkusen away. As one of the mainstays of German teams in European football Leverkusen could not be overlooked. I was expecting a tough match but nobody told Lewandowski this. He netted four goals and with Leverkusen unable to reply I took all three points and my first clean sheet in the league.

Los cules and a hammering.

Next to visit the Westfalenstadion was the mighty Barcelona. This was a daunting prospect and the lads did themselves proud. After a dull first half they took the lead shortly after the break. Reus, making his first start after injury pegged them back immediately. Messi scored to put them back into the lead but a Reus corner led to Subotic heading home to equalise. Things were looking good until the 89th minute when Marcel Schmelzer decided to stand near the corner flag until Dani Alves closed him down and put a cross in for Villa to secure the win. Despite this I was pleased with the performance of ten of my men and still have a hope of qualifying.

Stuttgart were the next visitors and with the match being in between Barca and Bayern games I rested many key names. Perisic opened the scoring with a penalty after 11 minutes and Lewandowski doubled the lead after a further 17. Minutes later Perisic doubled his tally for the day and put the result beyond doubt. Schieber, a half time substitute and Leitner, a young CM with a lot of potential, added second half goals to compound Stuttgart's misery.

A disappointing end to the month.

Next saw a trip to the Allianz-Arena where we took the lead on the stroke of half time only for Thomas Muller to hit back immediately taking the teams level at half time. A Gomez goal and a second for Muller put pressure on us but a Lewandowski goal in the 86th minute gave us a glimmer of hope only for another Schmelzer mistake to allow Muller to bag his hat trick and put the game beyond doubt for Die Bayern (original nickname).

Next was a home tie against a Werder Bremen side we should beat comfortably. I rested some players, maybe too many as they took the lead early on. Half time substitute Reus spared our blushes and we took a disappointing single point away from the match.

Lewandowski was undoubtedly the star man for this month scoring an incredible 9 goals in 6 games. It's also pleasing to see goals coming from many different players. The AM positions are undoubtedly Dortmund's strong point, for these positions they have 5 players who are good enough for any league in the world along with other future prospects. Schmelzer was the flop of the month, I wish I'd had a bit more cash to sort this out in the summer, this will be my priority next summer, or January if the board coughs up.

Results & Table

View attachment 280498View attachment 280499