Reaction score
This is just great, not only can I not hold down a job and I’m bankrupt, but now if I don’t pay the bill by next month I’m losing my house. Where would I go, all my friends have forgotten about me and I didn’t leave the house on good terms with my family. So now in a month I’ll be 40 and homeless, this is what you call a mid-life crisis.

(the bell rings)

Me “Hello, are you a genie to grant me 3 wishes”

Kid “No, I’m telling oldies it’s Halloween and I’m getting candy, so are you going to give me some or will I have to egg your house”

Me “Listen kid, you don’t know what it’s like to me, and you also don’t know how to hit a person like me, so scramb!

(he runs away screaming, but the bell rings again 5 seconds after)

Me “Kid, I told you to”

(two men are there)

Man “Hi sir, you haven’t paid your bill in time, you have to leave”

Me “No, I have another month, it’s due July 14th​

Man “Well we were told today, June the 14th

Me “Whatever, I’ll just sleep in the comfy gutter for the rest of me life, this is going to be fun”

Man “Sorry sir, it’s our job, take what is yours”

Me “Just let me grab my photo album and I’ll be leaving”

Man “Is that all, what about all this furniture”

Me “Do you really think I could afford to buy all of that?”

The gutter, home sweet home! What will I do with my life, I need some inspiration, but what?

(The Next Morning)

What was that, that dream, lifting up the cup, but I can’t be a soccer player I’m 40! I need a job in football, but what, that’s it! I’ll run for FIFA Presidency, Blatter’s no good. What am I thinking, that’s impossible, all I’ve got is the experience of being a manager for fast food restaurants. Yes, Setanta Sports is on their TV at the shop window, maybe they’ll talk about what I should do there.

Analyst 1 “I think these days Football Managers are being sacked to easy, the chairmen should give them a chance and not sack them for a bad run of form”

Analyst 2 “I think that these managers aren’t good enough, what we need is new, better Football Managers!

That’s it, but how, I’ll need an agent and a place to stay, it’s is impossible, this is

Old Lady “Some of your mail was in my mail box, take it”

Let me guess, more bills. Hey, it’s from my nephew Lucas. Hey kid, it’s been a couple of years, blah blah blah, if your parents didn’t tell you, I’m a billionaire because I’m the owner of a mining company. Call me on 0422 217 877 or mail me 23 Blackbox Street. Wait, Blackbox Street is like a 5 minute walk away, YES!!

(5 Minutes Later)

Lucas “Hey kiddo, how did you know I lived here, oh, the letter, so what do you want to do?

Me “It’s great to see you Lucas, your mansion looks terrific.

Lucas “Yeah, designed it myself. Where do you live now, you’ve moved out of your parents home, right?

Me “I moved out about ten years ago, about the last time when we talked before today. But now I’ve lost my house and I’m sleeping in the gutter, I have no-where to stay”

Lucas “Glad you came here then, but you’re not allowed to stay here, your auntie wouldn’t like that. But see that mansion across the road, the one nearly as good as this one, well I brought it off the owners because I hated them and put the coolest stuff in there. I’m talking spas, Xbox’s, Plasmas, anything a man could want. I usually rent it out but no-one’s staying there, so you can live there as long as you want!

Me “Lucas I love you, thank you so much, I’ll do anything you want!!!

Lucas “You don’t have to do anything, if I wanted something I would buy it. And before you leave here’s 50 million pounds for your troubles (I love you Fernando but I won’t waste 50million on you)

Me “You are so generous Lucas, visit me if you need anything”

Lucas “What’s your number?”

Me “I can’t afford a phone”

Lucas “That’s okay, have my 5th Blackberry, the number is 0433 978 414”

Auntie “LUCAS!!!”

Lucas “Sorry kid, I have to go, I had an awesome party last night and I have to clean up, I’ll tell you when there’s another one”

How lucky am I, the money, the awesome uncle, and the mansions even better then he said. Even though I have all this money, I need goals, and my number 1 goal is to be the best Football Manager EVER!! I need an agent and then my journey will begin!!!!

(Feel free to give me some critisism as I'm always looking to improve my story)

Go Go Go Go - post as much as you can! get the story into full swing. It's an interesting read - I'd like to see more about the actual management side of the game.

(Okay Fauly10, ani will get the management bit going but i will keep the story going as well)

So I brought the agent of Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin van Persie and Ashley Young, Stefan Bishop. I sent Bishop to look around at all leagues from Italy, Scotland, Spain, France, England and Germany. The first managerial position open was Championship side, Milwall. I knew I wouldn’t get it, but I applied and expressed my interest in the job just to get my name out there. Then I decided to throw a little party at Lucas’ house to celebrate, I’m going to have a huge one when I actually get a job.

The next day the Milwall board didn’t even respond and announce the new manager would be Gordan Strachan, Wasn’t disappointed but I wanted a response.

A month then passed so I told my agent to apply me to any managerial positions available while I spend 50 million pounds on a worldwide trip until I get an interview.

2 months later, Barcelona B had an opening and I got an interview with the chairmen of Barcelona!!!

Sandro Rossell “As you know our B team has an opening, most managers try to get to the first team, but we want you to focus on our youth and give our manager information on who to give a chance”

Me “I love working with youth but I do want to step up the rankings and I don’t want this to be my permanent job at Barca”

Sandro Rossell “Mr.Drury, if you get this position it would be your first managerial position, we want someone to just focus on the
B team, I don’t believe you are going to do that, I’m sorry, good luck in future positions”

****, I ruined my first real chance, I guess I should lie a little if it’s for the best. I can’t be bothered going on more holidays, I’m just going to go back to England and be in luxury there until my next opening.

(October 17th)

Phone Rings

Agent “Liam, glad I caught you, you said you’lld take a job anywhere, right”

Me “Any team in any league I told you”

Agent “Brilliant, there’s a Blue Square Bet North team coming 17th and there a little bankrupt, but they want YOU!! So this afternoon I’ve scheduled you to go there and sign a contract, they said they don’t even need an interview! A limo’s coming in about an hour, good luck.”

Me “Thanks Stefan, looks like I found my first club!”

David Newton “Hello Liam, let’s get straight into it, you will get 650pounds a week, do you agree?

Me “Yes, I’ll work hard to lead this club to glory!

I got shown around by him, preety poor facilities but it’s a start. I have got a contract for a year, I’m not sure if I’ll extend but I probably will. My scouts only recommend on player, 22 year old Moroccan center back, Mehdi Khalis. So I offered him a contract because his 5 stars. After that signing I will evaluate the team. I straight away held a team meeting to help raise the morale and it worked! I then completed the signing of Khalis and his my best player now. I then talked to the board and I wanted to turn professional and relay the pitch, but they couldn’t afford it. I am 500k in the red, so I released 6 players, but the wage budgets still over, so I’ll sort that out in January.

As I head into my first game, we’re only 3 points clear of relegation, I’ll fight for every point! Our first game was at home against 6th place FC Halifax. We scored the first and only goal as center back White beat 2 defenders to head a corner fast right into the top corner, quality! From then on in, they had possession and created a couple of chances but the shots were from outside the area and they never looked like scoring

It’s hard losing, especially your first match when you know you played better and money was at stake in the FA Cup. It was a 1-1 and we looked like scoring, then new signing Mehdi Khalis got red carded and they took over and got 2 goals to our none. Now I know how losing feels and being the manager of the loss, I will strive even harder for the win.

The next day I was thinking about the new tactic I created the night before. It’s an attacking and flowing 3-5-2 formation. We need to play a mini Barca style but be more careful in possession to avoid counter attacks. I couldn’t sleep last night so I texted my new tactic to the press and it was in the news today. But then my agent called me saying a big opportunities risen.

Agent “Liam, sorry about the loss but I’ve got some great news for you”

Me “I don’t think anything can get me better until I see improvements in training”

Agent “Well this should, Barcelona chairmen Sandro Rossell heard about your tactic and likes your ambition to go further than youth. You could be Barcelona B manager by tomorrow, what do you say!?

Me “Screw Sandro, screw Barcelona, they screwed me so why should I help them. Say no way in ****!”

I’m never going to go to Barcelona, Sandro Rossell doesn’t like my ambition, he just wants to use my tactic and use me in his B squad.

Last edited:
It’s now match day and the debut of my new tactic. I couldn’t of picked a better match to debut as it was against the bottom team. I won with ease dominating possession and scoring two early goals. This will probably be my permanent tactic and I’ll use my old 4-4-2 tactic against bigger teams counter attacking.

Right after the game I got a scouting report for 33 year old English striker, Richard Walker. He agreed a contract and I signed him on a free that same day. It was another brilliant signing as he’s my best striker and the only one that has real talented aerial ability.

The next day things got better as I signed old school friend Ian Marshall as a scout. His a very good scout and he’s got a great list of central midfielders which I’ll look to sign one A.S.A.P.

Another 2-0 win with my new tactic against Colwyn Bay this time. First goal scored by striker Marc Newsham as he tucked a tidy finish away from a setup from deep lying playmaker Danny Sleath. Second one was great play as Sleath was passing to the defenders about 3 times then launched a beauty to winger Matt Osmond, who crossed it in to Richard Walker, who flicked it on to a free Bradley Gray who scored with ease. Excellent Win!!!!!

Following that win, we struggled to get a draw with a late winner by Marc Newsham. Poor performance but we’re now 7th and 2 points off promotion playoffs. In the transfer market, I today signed promising center back, Jack Jeffries, he may get a few starts and subs as he and the season progresses. Also, I am a work permit away from signing the 22 year old attacking midfielder Ivorian, Serge Kouadio. Both scouts say his 5 stars.

After a discussion between the board and I had a few months ago, we have a new parent club who are League 1 club, Stevenage. I am going to look at available loanees. As I was in the bath I realised that there’s no good contracted youth, but I’ll take the 100k they owe me yearly, there wasn’t any good youth in the other recommended clubs either though. The phone, who rings at mid-night?

Agent “Sorry to call you at this hour Liam, but you need to know that you’ve got preety big clubs looking at you, I mean League 2 sides and second division clubs abroad. I told them that you at least want to finish your current contract with Boston.
Me “Thanks Stefan, good to know my reputation is growing. Thanks for telling them I’m not moving yet, to finish this season knowing Boston is in the next division up is a must, then if the time is right to leave the next manager will be set.
Agent “Okay, I’ll release a statement to the press that you’re not available”

I’m not moving this season, I just signed, and at least for the rest of the season my hearts with Boston United!!!!
Today’s the day for the confirmation for attacking midfielder, Serge Kouadio! So I waited at the airport to stay at my place until he finds an apartment. So I waited for about 4 hours and a lot of harasses from media, so I eventually left wondering what happened to my big signing. Later that day, as I started to doze off, I got a phone call, it was from Serge!

Me “Hey Serge, where’s my big signing, I was waiting at the airport for hours!

Serge Kouadio “Sorry Mr.Drury, I couldn’t get a work permit so I have to stay in Ivory Coast, sorry again”

I just hang up the phone heart broken, I don’t want to think about replacements now, none of them were as good as Serge, I just need to go to sleep and settle everything out tomorrow.

I didn’t get too much sleep as I was telling the fans that we’ve got a star Ivorian coming, but I told them the bad news and they knew I had replacements up my sleeve so they weren’t too upset. So I scheduled a meeting with the assistant manager and my two scouts. We agreed that the best option is 22 year old Colombian central midfielder, Alejandro Caiaffa. I offered him a contract worth 325k a week and he agreed, we just need to confirm it.

Just before I started the next match, I got a call from Alejandro Caiaffa,

Me “Hey Alejandro, have you signed the paperwork?”

Alejandro “Yes sir, but we’ll have to wait 4 more days until Wednesday to find out if I get a work permit.

Me “Good luck on the work permit situation, bye”

I hate ****** work permit applications!!!!!!!

Not in the best mood going into the match, I explain the situation to the team, and I let my assistant take control while I went home, looking at another possibility.

Keegan Ayre is a good Canadian central midfielder that I’ll look to sign if Alejandros ****** work permit fails, errrrrrrr. I then got a text from my assistant telling me we won 3-0, I needed some good news!

But on Wednesday it got turned down, but I appealed and Wednesday next week he will either stay in Colombia or come to England with Boston United.

After we got a week’s rest, on Wednesday I was looking forward to announce the signing of Alejandro Caiaffa, only to wake up to a text from my assistant saying his work permit got turned down. Straight away I offered a contract to Keegan Ayre who accepted, this time will I get a done deal for a central midfielder, if not I’ll just go for a not as good Englishmen.

The next match day was to rivals Gloucester, who beat us 5-3 in a thriller. Great attacking but a terrible day from a very solid defence hope this doesn’t happen again. They won midfield all day which makes me want the transfer to come faster and faster!
As I arrive today to training, I know my new signing should be here. I don’t see him, I’ll make an announcement for him to come to my office.

(Knock Knock Knock)

Me “Come in Keegan”

Lee Cannoville “Hi sir, it’s Lee”

Me “Hi Lee, I was expecting the new signing Keegan Ayre to come, what is it Lee”

Lee Cannoville “It’s about Keegan actually, you may not have seen the news, but he failed a work permit and isn’t coming”

Me “Your joking……. Lee could I think, see you in training”

Not again, I’m just going to sign a ****** average Englishmen to end this saga.

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for reading:D! I would appeciate your in put guys, the good the bad and just your opinions

The next day I signed Scottish midfielder, Darren Dalrymple, although he’s not as good as the other one’s I was going to sign, he adds well needed depth and will easily challenge for a starting spot.

Today we go away to verse Hinckley United, and spoiler alert, we got smashed. I can’t let this inconsistency happen, 4-1 loss isn’t something to take lightly so I blasted my team in the press.

Me “I am very sorry Boston United fans, my team are playing very inconsistent at the moment, I have been tweaking my tactics a bit but nothing is working, I guess I’ll have to turn the training workload up until I can split the men from the boys.”

That’s right, if I get people complaining about how training is too hard they become a back-up and get transfer listed in January. The rest become better, stronger, good enough to be in the Boston United squad.

A week later no one complained, but we’ll see when there breaking point comes and if they last until the end of January they survive and I’ll think about turning down intensity.

Another loss and I am so angry at my team! We lost 2-0, letting easy goals through, and missing easy chances. I am training most people individually but it doesn’t seem to be working. What do I do!?

I scheduled a much needed team meeting right after the match, telling them to get their act together aggressively and they seemed like this is a wakeup call and agreed, now I need to see some improvement on match day and getting some points, I still want promotion, we’re amazingly only 6 points off the playoff spots.

We headed in to this home match shockingly favourites 6th place Eastwood Town, I wanted at least a draw after what I’ve heard from the squad, that’s my minimum expectation for today. We looked sharp at the start with a great move with a lot of short passing which ended with a great save. But then it all fell apart and we lost 3-0. At 70 minutes I just went home as I was sick at my team, it’s hard to work with this team, I use different tactics a lot now and nothings working, Boston United is just pathetic.

Now we go to 2nd place team, Nuneaton Town who beat us 3-0. Not a bad effort from the boys but the score line should have been closer and again we’re failing at the vital parts. I was about to see my uncle Lucas to take him to the stadium to show him around, only to see my agent at his door step. I hid and listened to see why he was there.

Agent “Hello, are you Liam Drury’s father?”

Lucas “No I’m Lucas, Liam’s uncle.”

Agent “Hi Lucas, I’m Stefan, his agent. This may be tough on him but Boston United chairman, Serge Kouadio, wanted me to tell him that Boston are looking for a new face on top as he feel’s they don’t respect him like they did when he first arrived.”

WHAT, NOOOOOO! But I was just getting there morales up, signing heaps of great youngsters, give me a chance!

Lucas “You’re actually Serge aren’t ya, take this then!

Oh no, what has he done, Stefan is knocked out!!!

Me “Lucas, that is my agent, just go inside, maybe when I wake him up he forgot.”

(20 seconds later)

Agent “Liam, I need to tell you, your sacked, sorry Liam”

Me “I know Stefan, do you know what happened?”

Agent “No, did you punch me?”

Me “No Stefan, you ran into a tree, or something”

Oh my god, Lucas is dangerous!!

(The next day, Stefan’s point of view)

Wait, I remember everything, I’m going to kill that son of a *****!

(Back to my view)

(Knock Knock Knock)

Me “Hey Stefan feeling better?”

Agent “Much, much better Liam. But I’ve got some terrible news for you, your uncle Lucas has been murdered, I saw him through the see through glass door, are you okay?”

Me “He gave me everything!!! I’ll never forget his last words, your going to be Football legend one day kid, I can guarantee that”

Sorry I have been gone for a while, my grandpa died so I was in England for a while from Australia, and when I come back the game crashed. I'll be looking for 9 other people for a story with you guys being the players (I love you FM Editor) hope you follow that one

that terrible this story was a good read mate

id be intreseted in participating and following your next one

Last edited: