• Thread starter Thread starter gyroman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 5K

gyroman

Reaction score
To The Top Version 3

jose-mourinho_1812989c.jpg
This is To the Top version 3, this version I will be starting out at a mid-ranged national team and see where my journey takes me. I am playing this on Football Manager 13 and really hope it turns out great.

Here are the links to To the Top Version 1:

To the Top | A Fifa 12 career

I started out at Siena in Italy, made it to Everton, jumped to Bolton, took the money at Chelsea, rebuilt Inter, and finished in Bavaria in FC Hollywood.

Here’s a report from a Champions League loss when I was at Chelsea:

Heartbreak in a span of 2 minutes
It was a round of the ages in the Champion's League play. It matched star studded Chelsea verse a Portugal based squad of SL Benfica. The first match was in Lisbon Portugal, the match was 0-0 almost to the 75th minute. Then Benfica player Axle Witsel hit a shot to put the home side in the lead. It wouldn't be enough however, Chelsea Captain Javier Pastore would be the clutch man and score Chelsea an away goal in the 89th minute. Chelsea would take the draw back to Stamford Bridge. It was a brisk night with slight breeze out of the northwest. Each side knew what was at *, and were very aware of the situation. It was a brutally close match, each side had wide open opportunities to get their side a goal, but it would come around the same time as the last match. Except it came off a penalty, Captain and hero of the first leg would walk up to the spot to take the shot. He would kick it right and you would hear the woodwork cringe as the shot bounced off, no goal for Chelsea. Hope was not lost however, Chelsea was leading with an away goal. With less than 2 minutes left and only a breath before the Champions League. Raul Meriales would do the worse thing you could do, a foul, in the penalty box. Axle Witsel walked up to the spot, knocked the shot past Peter Cech. Benfica would advance to the finals of the Champions League. They would lose to Real Madrid 3-2, Chelsea finished 3rd in the Premier League.

I also had a FM story that lasted a little over a season and a half.
EA Forums

Biography

William McHale-

Home Life:
William “Will” McHale, born and raised in the streets of Helsinki Finland. His mother, Anita, was raised in Helsinki as well. His father, John, was born in Wexford, Ireland. Will would live in Helsinki for most of his life until he moved up in professional futbol.

Professional Life:

180px-FC_Lahti.svg.png

Will would start his professional career at the age of 14, when he made a tryout for the Finish premier league team of FF Jaro. He would stay at Jaro for 13 years, making a total of 237 appearances, and scoring 17 goals. He would then take his talents to FC Lahti, he would play 4 more seasons before his career was finished. He would appear in 78 matches in those 4 seasons, scoring 4 goals. Will did play on the Finnish National Team, he had 56 Caps, scoring 3 goals, including one against Germany in a friendly.

180px-FF_Jaro.png

Will began his managing career at age 34, at the same club that gave him his first shot, FF Jaro. He would be an assistant till age 37 before taking over as the manager. Will now 40, has plans to move from the Finnish Club.

Playing Career:

FF Jaro 237 (17)
FC Lahti 78 (4)
Finland 56 Caps (3 Goals)

Managing Career:

FF Jaro 2009-2012

World Cup Qualifiers Group 1

22px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
Belgium 0 Points
22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png
Scotland 0 Points
22px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png
Wales 0 Points
22px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
Serbia 0 Points
22px-Flag_of_Macedonia.svg.png
Macedonia 0 Points
22px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png
Croatia 0 Points

International Friendly
August 15, 2012

150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png
@
LatvianFF.png

Belgium 3 vs Latvia 0

Lineups

675239_Belgium.jpg
675244_Latvia.jpg

Match Facts
Vincent Kompany(8',50')
Miralles(46')
Kompany(Missed Penalty, 75')

Match Details
Belgium ------ Latvia
20 Shots 2
6 SOT 0
8 Fouls 6
59% Poss 41%

Manager Thoughts
I thought we played well for the first match, didn't go with a 3 man back because Vertoghan was injured with Tottenham. Could've been 6 or 7 nill if we more clinical finishing in front of goal. That spot is open to any willing to step up. Benteke didn't do much better than Lukaku, called up Jelle Vossen from Genk, he might steal the spot away from both of them.

logo-copa-2014-125x125.jpg

World Cup Qualifier
September 7, 2012
Hampdon Park, Glasgow, Scotland

150px-Scotland_national_football_team_logo.svg.png
vs
150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png

Scotland 0 - Belgium 3

Lineups
676037_Scotland.jpg
676042_Belgium.jpg

Match Facts
Goals:
Romelu Lukaku (41,62)
Eden Hazard (81 Pen)

Yellow Cards:
Belgium: Lukaku, Witsel
Scotland: Brown

Match Details
7 Shots 10
3 SOT 5
11 Fouls 20
57% Poss 43%

Manager's Thoughts
Another win for Belgium, we didn't control the ball but we hit with hard counters. Lukaku stepped up in the striker spot, and we needed him to do so badly.

100105_zpsb008d3ec.png

World Cup Qualifier
September 11, 2012
Stade Maurice DuFranse, Liege, Belgium

150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png
vs
Football_Association_of_Wales_logo_2011-150x150.png

Belgium 4 - Wales 0

Lineups
676190_Belgium.jpg
676286_Wales.jpg

Match Facts
Goals:
Romelu Lukaku(17',64',89')
Nainggolan(38')

Yellow Cards:
Belgium: Gillet
Scotland: Ledley, Morison

Match Details
16 Shots 3
8 SOT 1
10 Fouls 13
58% Poss 42%

Manager's Thoughts
We knew they only had 1 top threat against us and that was Gareth Bale. But he ended up barely getting any of the ball. Lukaku kept his hot streak going and got an international hattrick.

2ujoyyx.jpg

100105_zpsb008d3ec.png

World Cup Qualifier
Stadion FK- Crvena Zvezda, Belgrade, Serbia
October 12, 2012

5376180113_8b9ef14673_m.jpg
vs
150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png

Serbia 0 - Belgium 3

Lineups

676807_Serbia.jpg
676810_Belgium.jpg

Match Facts
Miralles(2)
Kompany(17')
Hazard(44')

Yellow Cards:
Belgium:Miralles, Kompany, Benteke
Serbia: Kacar, Krasic

Match Details
8 Shots 9
3 SOT 5
12 Fouls 9
50 Poss 50

Manager Thoughts
We jumped on them early against their three man back line, I thought we could really exploit the flanks with Hazard and Miralles. They were forced to change at the half after going down 3-0. Gameplan executed well, players played well, good win.

Next Match: Croatia

If you don't follow Soccer, you wouldn't have known that a huge game was played last week. Turns out to be in the same group as I am in my FM story. The match was Serbia vs Croatia, not the biggest of powers in soccer but the implications from this match come from a past filled with war and bloodshed. This was the first time these two nations have ever met on a soccer field. Here is an excellent read on the preview of the match. I hope you learn something from this.

A history of hate

2ujoyyx.jpg

100105_zpsb008d3ec.png

World Cup Qualifier
Stade Maurice DeFrasne, Liege, Belgium
October 16, 2012

150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png
vs
CroatiaNationalSoccerTeam1.png

Belgium 2 - Croatia 2

Lineups

676810_Belgium.jpg
676883_Croatia.jpg

Match Facts
Belgium: Dembele(34'), Hazard(48')
Croatia: Badelj(4'), Perisic(45')

Yellow Cards:
Croatia: Corluka, Srna

Match Details
25 Shots 3
11 SOT 3
14 Fouls 15
49 Poss 51

Manager Thoughts
Really should have gotten a better result than we did. They got that goal early and then the 2nd one came right at halftime. Pocognoli played poor, really disappointed, both goals came off mistakes from him. Probably hit the crossbar 5 times, really frustrating.

Next Match: Italy(friendly)

2ujoyyx.jpg

150px-UEFA_logo.svg.png

International Friendly
San Paulo, Naples, Italy
November 14,2012

italia_logo.jpg
vs
150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png

Italy 1 - Belgium 0

Lineups

678734_Italy.jpg
675239_Belgium.jpg

Match Facts
De Rossi(79')

Match Details
9 Shots 10
5 SOT 6
12 Fouls 15
51 Poss 49

Manager Thoughts
Tough loss, we struggled finishing our shots, could've been a different game. I think we proved that we can play with the top dogs though.

Next Match:El Salvador(Friendly)

2ujoyyx.jpg

150px-UEFA_logo.svg.png

International Friendly
Stade Constant Vanden Stock, Brussels, Belgium
February 5, 2013

150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png
vs
659.png

Belgium 5 - El Salvador 0

Match Facts
Felliani(18',67')
Benteke(58')
la Paz(60' OG)
De Bruyne(80')

Match Details
20 Shots 2
9 SOT 1
9 Fouls 6
62 Poss 38

Manager Thoughts
Confidence builder game, a lot of players got some pitch time, couple of faces got their first start internationally.

Next Match:Scotland

2ujoyyx.jpg

100105_zpsb008d3ec.png

World Cup Qualifier
Stade Maurice Dufranse, Liege, Belgium
March 26,2013

150px-Belgium_urbsfa.png
vs
150px-Scotland_national_football_team_logo.svg.png

Belgium 4 - Scotland 1

Lineups

675239_Belgium.jpg
681583_Scotland.jpg

Match Facts
Belgium:
Miralles(9')
Lukaku(18')
Vermalaen(56')
Witsel(66')

Miralles(Red Card)

Scotland:
Fletcher(40')

Match Details
13 Shots 3
9 SOT 1
10 Fouls 12
46 Poss 54

Manager Thoughts
Good win, Croatia lost to Serbia, our lead grows to 4 points. Losing Miralles hurts but we'll live.

Next Match:Macedonia(World Cup Qualifier)

Back