Toffees getting stuck into the Premier League: An Everton Story

Good job getting 2nd place. Came 4th in my first season with them, and in the second season, without Fellaini and Baines who had both gone to City, I won the Champions League, beat Milan, Dortmund and Man City on my way to beating Real Madrid. If you need a striker and have the cash, Wilfried Bony is incredible

Good job getting 2nd place. Came 4th in my first season with them, and in the second season, without Fellaini and Baines who had both gone to City, I won the Champions League, beat Milan, Dortmund and Man City on my way to beating Real Madrid. If you need a striker and have the cash, Wilfried Bony is incredible

Cheers mate, I still have Fellaini and Baines in my second season but Fellaini expects us to win the Champions League this season so will probably leave, hopefully I'll be able to get some big money for him. I'm going to keep Baines for a couple of seasons and I want to bring in Luke Shaw and have Baines tutor him. I've been looking at Bony for a while but looking like it he will cost £20m and at the moment I have Maupay coming through and Torres on loan.

View attachment 327929

Everton Legend Returns

View attachment 327931View attachment 327932

Everton legend Tim Cahill has returned to the club for a second spell after his contract expired at New York Red Bulls. Henson brought the Australian back to boost club morale and it wouldn’t take long for him to get used to the club surroundings. Cahill has signed a six month contract with an option for an additional year.

The second signing of the transfer window as a pre-agreed deal which saw a 16 year old wonderkid join Everton from Valencia in a deal worth around £3,500,000. Pablo Antonio Fernandez has been brought in as he looks to be the next big thing after appearing in the Spanish youth teams at the tender age of 16.

Three players have also agreed to join the club in the summer transfer window.

View attachment 327933View attachment 327934View attachment 327935

Tom Ince will join the Toffees from Blackpool for a fee of £8,500,000, which was the price Blackpool was asking for after he was placed on the transfer list. Michael Henson had been chasing him for a while and is said to be delighted at finally getting his man.

Carlos Fierro will move to England on expiration of his contract at Chivas in Mexico. With his boyhood club pondering on a new contract, Everton swooped and agreed a deal which will see the 19 year old stay at Everton until 2019.

Abdessamad Yilmaz will also move to Goodison Park on the expiration of his contract at the end of June. The 16 year old will leave AJ Auxerre and join Everton on a deal until 2017 worth around £4,000 per week.

View attachment 327936

The 2014 January Transfer Window wasn’t as busy as the previous year but some big money was thrown about.

1. Stephan El Shaarawy – AC Milan – Chelsea - £20,500,000
View attachment 327937

2. Steven Jovetic – ACF Fiorentina – Manchester City - £19,000,000
View attachment 327939

3. Luiz Gustavo – FC Bayern – Juventus - £9,750,000
View attachment 327941

4. Diego Fabbrini – Udinese – AC Milan - £9,750,000
View attachment 327942

5. Daniel Sturridge – Liverpool – Newcastle - £9,000,000
View attachment 327943

View attachment 327958

Dismal displays leave Everton trailing

View attachment 327960View attachment 327959

Everton lie 2nd​ in the Premier League, two points behind Chelsea in 1st​ place, and can only blame themselves.

At one point, they were five points clear but poor result against Manchester City and Nottingham Forest, whose win against Everton is their one and only to date.

However, there have been some positives this month for the Toffees. Beating Liverpool 2-0 in the Premier League and getting through to the Fifth Round of the FA Cup where they will face Plymouth.

They also qualified for the Champions League 1st​ Knockout Round but face a very tough tie against Spanish giants Barcelona.

Everton has some very tough upcoming Premier League fixtures as well against Tottenham and Chelsea and will need to play their best to get anything from them.

Three players that stood out for Everton in this period of time are Fernando Torres, Marouane Fellaini and Kevin Mirallas.

View attachment 327963View attachment 327961View attachment 327962

Chelsea loanee Torres has once again impressed for Everton and is currently 2nd​ in the top goal scorer charts behind Demba Ba. He has achieved an average rating of 7.48 and the press are constantly praising him.

Marouane Felliani has been the stand out performer for the Toffees this term and has the highest average rating with 7.55. He has contributed three goals and three assists but he has let himself down sometimes with stupid red cards.

Kevin Mirallas makes it two Belgians out of three and has impressed the Everton staff with his performances which has led them to near the top of the league game. He has contributed seven goals in twenty nine appearances and created ten goals, all whilst maintaining an average rating of 7.46.

Not an update but look at this unusual transfer!

View attachment 327968

David Beckham to League One side MK Dons on a free transfer after being released by PSG, bet he's never experienced Bury away on a cold Tuesday night!

View attachment 328515
Everton complete a domestic treble!

View attachment 328520View attachment 328521View attachment 328519

Everton completed a domestic treble earlier this month winning the Premier League, FA Cup and the Community Shield.

Although the league was won by eight points, it went right down to the wire and the result against Wigan finally sealed it.

The FA Cup was won for the second year in a row after defeating Arsenal 3-1 in the Final with goals from Baines, Barkley and Torres. Perhaps the greatest performance during that run was against Newcastle in the Semi Final when it went down to a penalty shootout.

Everton won the Community Shield for the first time since 1995 after beating Manchester United 4-1 at Wembley with Fernando Torres grabbing a goal on his debut.

The two cups that the Toffees didn’t win were the Champions League, where they got knocked out by Spanish giants Barcelona, and the Capital One Cup, where they were defeated by Chelsea in the Third Round.

Manager Michael Henson said “To win the Premier League in my second season is fantastic, I am over the moon. The players have been fantastic and I cannot fault their efforts during any game this season. Hopefully we can move on from this and win the Champions League next season.”

End of Season Board Review

View attachment 328518

Once again, Bill Kenwright and the rest of the board are very pleased with what Everton have achieved this season.

The club’s performance in competitions entered this season was exceptionally good. The team’s fantastic overall performance in the English Premier Division has been a particular highlight.

Additionally, the signings Henson made this season proved very successful. The fans are delighted with the signing of Fernando Torres this season.

Finally, player performances proved to be at a high level. The fans have been very pleased with Jeffrey Bruma’s form this season.

Everton’s Player of the Season

View attachment 328517
Fernando Torres – 30 years old

46 appearances, 1 as a sub
37 goals
6 assists
5 Man of the Match awards
Average rating of 7.59

Everton’s Young Player of the Season

View attachment 328516
Neal Maupay – 17 years old
42 appearances, 11 as a sub
19 goals
11 assists
4 Man of the Match awards
Average rating of 7.48

View attachment 328724
Premier League Season Review

View attachment 328723

Winners
Everton

Relegated
Derby
Reading
Nottingham Forest

Top Goalscorer
Fernando Torres (Everton) – 30

Most Assists
Santi Cazorla (Arsenal) – 15

Highest Average Rating
Vincent Kompany (Manchester City) – 7.80

Overachievers
Brighton

Underachievers
Reading

Signing of the Season
1. Norwich with Franco di Santo (£4.2m)
2. Norwich with Haris Medunjanin (£1.2m)

Worst Signing of the Season
1. Fulham with Jonathan Parr (£3.2m)
2. Reading with Takayuki Morimoto (£2.4m)

Footballer of the Year
Lucas Leiva (Manchester City)

Player’s Player of the Year
Demba Ba (Chelsea)

Top Goalscorer
1 Fernando Torres (Everton)
2 Demba Ba (Chelsea)
3 Olivier Giroud (Arsenal)

Player’s Young Player
1 Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
2 Bryan Oviedo (Everton)
3 Thomas Muller (Manchester City)

Goal of the Season
1. Eden Hazard (Chelsea v Tottenham)
2. Marouane Fellaini (Everton v Arsenal)
3. Mark Noble (West Ham v Stoke)

Golden Glove
1. Tim Krul (Newcastle)
2. Joe Hart (Manchester City)
3. Michel Vorm (Swansea)

Manager of the Year
1. Michael Henson (Everton)
2. Roberto Mancini (Manchester City)
3. Marcelo Bielsa (Chelsea)

Player’s Team of the Year
Tim Krul (Newcastle)
Leighton Baines (Everton)
Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)
Vincent Kompany (Manchester City)
Maicon (Manchester City)
Juan Mata (Chelsea)
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Lucas Leiva (Manchester City)
Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
Demba Ba (Chelsea)
Fernando Torres (Everton)

View attachment 328737
Out with the old, in with the new!

After winning the Premier League last season, Everton manager Michael Henson has made huge changes at the club. Over the summer months a total of £138,000,000 changed hands as players arrived and left Goodison Park. Henson let some experienced players go but replaced them with fresh new talent that will be world beaters in a few years to come.

View attachment 328738

Henson spent a total of £61,000,000 on players arriving at Goodison Park, a large number of the budget and some of the profit from the sales of players.

View attachment 328739View attachment 328740View attachment 328741
View attachment 328742View attachment 328743View attachment 328744
View attachment 328745View attachment 328746View attachment 328747

Luke Shaw joined from Southampton in a pre-arranged transfer for £7,500,000 with £2,500,000 of it upfront with the rest over 48 months.

In another pre-arranged transfer, Tom Ince joined from Blackpool for a fee of £8,500,000.

Wonderkid Carlos Fierro moves to Goodison Park from Chivas on a free transfer after his contract expired.

16 year old Abdessamad Yilmaz moves from AJ Auxerre on a free transfer as well after his contract expired.

Jack Butland moves to Everton from Stoke for a whopping fee of £20,000,000.

14 year old wonderkid Johann Duval moves to Everton from Stade Rennais for a big fee of £7,000,000.

16 year old Stefano Scardina, seen as a long term replacement for Seamus Coleman, left Bologba to move to Everton for £5,000,000.

Angelo Henriquez moves over from Manchester United for a fee of £13,000,000.

Legendary striker David Villa joins Everton on a free transfer after being released by Barcelona.

A total of 13 players left Everton over the summer on frees, loans and permanent transfers. Everton racked up £77,000,000 worth of sales through this, their highest ever.

View attachment 328748View attachment 328749View attachment 328750View attachment 328751

The biggest earner, Marouane Fellaini, left Everton to join Paris Saint Germain for £35,000,000 after Henson deemed his wages too high.

Leighton Baines moved to Arsenal for £25,000,000 after entering his final year of his current deal and refusing to sign a new one.

Nikica Jelavic left for overachievers Brighton in a deal worth £11,500,000 and Victor Anichebe joined him on the same day for a fee of £3,700,000.

Experienced goalkeeper Tim Howard moved to Bayern Munich for a fee of £1,500,000.

Amongst the players leaving the club on free transfers were Tim Cahill, Ty Browning and Apostolos Vellios. The latter moved to Panathinaikos whilst the others were released.

Leaving Everton on loan to develop their careers were Jean-Marie Dongou, who moved to Carlisle, and Jake Bidwell, who went to Bournemouth.

Pre-Season Results

View attachment 328752

It was another fairly standard pre-season for Everton as they head into the 2014-15 Premier League season.

They went on a tour of China and played three games, winning two and losing one against Shenhua.

Once they had returned, they faced Rangers and Blackpool but couldn’t overcome either of them.

They then faced Manchester City in the Community Shield and retained their trophy thanks to goals from David Villa and Phil Jagielka.

The only negative of pre-season was that Angelo Henriquez would be out for 3-4 months after suffering a torn calf muscle in the game against Rangers.

View attachment 328753

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one - there has been a lack of updates recently due to a family bereavement. Will try and get one done soon.

Just read the whole story and loved it, especially the end of year reviews as the are a nice touch to add. Just finished my first season with Southampton which I'll put up tonight if you fancy a read. Keep up the quality work.

Mike

Hi Guys,

Following the death of my Grandad a couple of weeks back and the funeral on Monday, I haven't been able to get into FM again so unfortunately I haven't played any of this save. With my university work taking priority as well, it looks like I will have to close this save for now. Hopefully I will be able to get going again soon or I may start another save.

Regards,
Michael