Tomiblaougrana΄s tactic bible and more

Reaction score
Tomiblaougrana΄s tactic bible and more (UPDATED)

UPDATED

INTRODUCTION
First of all, forgive me for my bad english. This is not a thread for those of you who are looking for a plug and play tactic. You can stop reading now, but keep in mind that no matter what tactic you are using, no matter what team you manage, there will be several opponents to beat your plug and play tactic. So, complaining is not a solution. This is a tactic for those of you who really want to play this game, and like jumping of your chair when manage to turn around a completely lost game, just by making a few tweaks.

GENERAL INSTRUCTION:
- Pitch Dimensions: Minimum Allowed.

-Assistant manager: Dont care too much about tactical knowledge. You will do the job. He must be good at player management, motivating, determination, discipline. Always allow without fear such an ***. manager to talk to players before games, before second half, after the game. Only exception: If after a narrow win the ***. manager advises you to not adress anything or to tell the players to step up, just congratulate the players calmly. Also give him the friendly matches and the press conferences.

- Back room advice: Look it after every game and always follow it.

- Early signed players: Use them wisely, especially if they are young and/or brought from leagues with different style of football. Try to put them in the last 20-25 minutes of matches, if you have secured a win. You will see great results.

- Always look at the pitch dimensions of your next opponent. Most of the times the field when you play away from home will be longer, which means you ll have to change the d. line from push up to max normal.

-Opposition instructions:ALWAYS USE THEM AND USE THEM against every single opposite player.

Tight marking:Use it only for offensive opposite players.

always: if op. player has of the ball stat at most 12.

no specific: if between 13-15.

never: If between 16-20. Especially, when it comes about opposite striker, you should also look at his strength and heading. If he is strong and good at headers, dont mark him tight. he can beat your defense line just with a header pass.

-closing down: use it at all op. players.

always: if player has composure stat at most 11.

no specific: if player has composure 12-20.

extra: suppose that opposite fb has a really low composure. Not only always close him down but tweak a little bit more your amr or aml closing down (depends on which opposite fb we re talking about).

- hard: Use it at all op. players.

always: if op. player has stat brave at most 11.

no specific: If between 13 - 20.

- show on foot: Use it at all players, unless a player uses either feet. Always show on weaker foot.

SOS: When opposition makes a substitute, you have to immediately put individual instructions on him.

MAIN PART

View attachment 285367 This is the main formation and tactics. The only individual tweaks are the following: 1.Εverybody except the 2 cbs and keeper have mixed passing (and except anchorman when he is used). Anchorman and cbs are set to minimum short passing. Keeper΄s passing is set to default.
2. The amr and aml are set to swap positions.
3. The amr and aml are set to move into channels.
You also need to know:

1. AMC is a player who changes position and role according to the opposite tactics, as you will see below. Sometimes he is an amc, sometimes an anchorman and sometimes is a striker.
2. your amr and aml need to be capable of playing at both flanks.
3. I never change style and strategy.
4. One of your three midlefield players must be able to play in dm position.
5. Before matches, put individual preparation to cover your weakness. For example, i have barcelona, who is really a short team. Most of the time i put preparation before games to defensive set pieces.
6. My approach is playing possesion football, covering my teams weakness and exploiting the opposite weakness with minimum risk.

I must mention this: Anyone who reads this thread must keep in mind, that the tactic i m using is made for barcelona. You cant take it as it is and play with a medium/low team. Lets be realistic. A medium/low club cant play very fluid or with high defence line. Furthemore it is possible that you ll have problem if you manage a medium/low club and set the majority of the team to mixed passing, as i have done. I did this, because i had players with great mental attributes. So to avoid changing passing from short to direct and viceversa, i set them to mixed, so that they choose the right pass in every occasion. But, my main purpose is to explain positions of players and player roles, which everyone can adapt, no matter which team he plays and what philosophy and strategy he chooses.

FACING TACTICS

1. View attachment 285375

If you face this tactic (i mean the right one) play like this:View attachment 285751

1. Put lef footed winger at left flank and do the same with right footed winger.
2. Untick the swap position button.
3. Set focus passing down both flanks.

2.View attachment 285372 If you face this tactic play like this:

View attachment 285374 But dont untick the swap position of amr, aml - and let the focus passing to mixed.

3. If you face this tactic View attachment 285377

play exactly like example no 1 (above mentioned) But: 1. change the fbs at defend duty and change one of your cms at attack duty.

4. View attachment 285378If you face this tactic play like this:

View attachment 286806

Focus passing: middle.
View attachment 286813

5. If you face this tactic. View attachment 285379
play like this:

View attachment 286066

The amc is set as playmaker.
SOS: just noticed by mistake i set amc as an attacking midfielder/support. He needs to by advanced playmaker support.

With this tactic, i forced mourinho to change his tactic 2 times in the same game (home) and one time away at bernabeou. I should have won the 2 games (home and away verey easy, but they were really lucky.) I ended home game with 6 cccs and 3 posts. I won 2-1 . The away game ended 1-1 but again i had 4 ccc΄s. I also forced atletico madrid to change their tactic at halftime, after loosing by 3-0. The idea is simple. You drop the one mc to dmc/support position, right next to your anchorman. You keep anchorman to man to man mark the opposite amc. You take the 3d mc and play him as an amc and play maker up the field, just behind your poacher. Here are the screenshots. May i also propose: If the opposite amc is left footed, your anchorman should be the right dm (as the screenshot shows). if the opposite amc is right footed, your anchorman should be the left dm.

View attachment 286067

View attachment 286068

View attachment 286069
View attachment 286070
1. First time: Τhe posts.
2. Second time: Saint Iker
3. Third time:

View attachment 286814

In all the above scenarios, your anchorman must be put to man to man marking, specifically on the opposite amc.

6.View attachment 285384 If you face this tactics then play like this:

View attachment 285367The lcm is a cm/support. But:1. put fb duty to defend
2. change focus passing through the middle.
SOS: just noticed by mistake i set amc as an attacking midfielder/support. He needs to by advanced playmaker support.

View attachment 285392 if you face this tactic then play like this:

View attachment 285394 But let the anchorman to zonal marking.

View attachment 285752

Then play like this:View attachment 285753

1. Both midfielders are cm/defend.
2. AMR and AML are set to cut inside.
3. Focus passing is set to down both flanks.

View attachment 285754 If you face this tactic, play like this:

View attachment 285755

anchorman man to man on the opposite amc.

In the first leg of first knockout game (champions league) Zenit chose a 4-2-3-1. I won them away 3-0. In the second leg zenit chose this tactic:View attachment 286726

So i chose this tactic: View attachment 286728

Oh! Surprise: Zenit was forced to change tactic before halftime, after conceding one goal and a pelnalty miss by messi.

View attachment 286729

So i changed tactic too:

View attachment 286727

final result:
View attachment 286730
I will enrich this thread with more tactics as time goes by.

ALSO IMPORTANT:
- Pay attention at width: if opposite wingers get easy crosses, its time to play a little wider.

- Pay attention at opposite tactic changes during the game: This will happen to you a lot, especially if you are wining. You must change your tactic immediately, according to the opposition changes.

- If an opposite fb picks up a slide injury, change focus passing at his flank and put your most gifted player on him.

END OF SEASON - FINAL RESULTS

View attachment 287051

View attachment 287052

View attachment 287053

View attachment 287054

View attachment 287055

View attachment 287056

All competitions without a single defeat. out of my experience so far the opposite coaches change their tactics during the game when face me at 90%. This happens most of the times once during each game. If you have it in mind and notice the change and make your tweaks accordingly, the opposition will not change again. Only exception i noticed was two games. First against mourinhos real, second against chealsea-semifinal. They changed twice. So there is a way to know that your tactic works: The opposition changes their tactic (I ll post screanshots). I saw opposite teams changing tactics before 15΄even making substitution to fill in the new tactic. But there is also a way to know if there is something wrong with the tactic you use. majority of the players become anxious or nervous, not just for one-two minutes (this could happen during a foul or a corner kick) but for more time. Maybe your tactic is wrong or just the width or d. line set. Look at the game and the diagnosis will be easy.

UPDATE

After going till half season in England for about 4-5 times and start all over again. After erasing and rewinding my plans a lot, I proudly present you:

THE DIE HARD EVERTON

View attachment 289758

View attachment 289759

MAIN TACTIC
EXPLANATION
View attachment 289709
1. I found it really hard to build a strong defence with 4 players back. I tried almost everything. Played offside or with deep d. line or with on cd/stopper and 1 cd/cover. In the last occasion (one cd/stopper and one cd/cover) i noticed that i had major problems against teams using 2 strikers or one striker and amc. Why; Because the stopper was closing down. If the opposite striker managed to control the ball and play a quick one-two with his teammate, he ran behind the back of my stopper and my cover defender was not able to cover the distance soon enough. Well, this is how i solved the problem: I used as a stopper the central defender. This way, he can close down without fear, because there are two cover defenders behind him, so if the opposite goes through him, he has no other option but 1) face my lcd or rcd or 2) move through the center. In this case, my cover defender have half distance to cover, moving diagonal.
2. I play the central defender as a ball playing defender, because we are talking about heitinga, and the man has extraordinary stats for a defender in decisions, passing, creativity, composure. This way i take full advantage of one of my key players.
3. Using wing backs gives me the opportunity to take the best out of Baines, who is also a key players.
4. Using 2 poachers helps me press the defender. The two of them make it difficult for the opposition to pass the ball back to the defenders, as they are often closed down. So the opposition is forced to pass forward, and chances of mistake increase.
5. What i have told about individual opposite istructions remains almost as it is, with one change. If the opposition plays with 2 players in each flank (f.e. rb and amr), i put never closing down to the rb and lb, because i noticed, otherwise my wing backs close down the opposite fbs and leave unmarked the opposite wingers, leaving an open hole in my flanks.
6. Only players i bought were Wellington Nem, Ademilson and cristiano Zanetti (free). The two first are amazing and i put them as my two poachers most of the time. As they are both brazilians they have great communication, and in their good day they can turn into pieces every defence. Zanneti is 35 years old, free, with low contract and with mental stats difficult to find, although he gets injured easily.

Evidence of the great Nem-Ademilson partnership

View attachment 289760

View attachment 289761

Baines
View attachment 289762

Pienaar, whos primary role is to give assists, used as an advanced playmaker/support
View attachment 289763

I will upload the tactic in first chance, because there are some individual tweaks. More tactic analysis will follow...

Last edited:
Great post man.where Can i download your tactic ?what are the other players settings?i want to play a few games and give you feedback

Great post man.where Can i download your tactic ?what are the other players settings?i want to play a few games and give you feedback

Nuke7 the first screen shot shows the general settings of the tactic. As i mentioned above, the only individual tweaks are the following: 1. All the players have passing to mixed (exactly at the middle). Only the 2 cbs have minimum passing and the anchorman when he is used. The GK is set by default. 2. The amr and aml are set to swap positions and to move into flanks. There is no other individual setting. So it is easy to make the tactic just by looking the first screenshot. If you cant though, write back to me, i ll post the tactic. Thanks for trying out. Just follow all the instructions. If any problem, i would be happy to discuss it and find solution.

This is a great post and i can see you put a lot of work into it.

Have you tried testing these tactics with any team other than Barcelona?

This is a great post and i can see you put a lot of work into it.

Have you tried testing these tactics with any team other than Barcelona?

This is the next thing i m going to do robbie. I m just trying to end the season with barca, to see my final results. Till now i dont have a single defeat in league or cl or cup. I also broke real madrids record of consecutive wins which stood by 1961. Even if i try it with an other team i ll just try to change my style of play but not the positions and roles of the players (f.e. maybe it is not so easy to play with high defence if you are osasuna, or to play very fluid.). I know it is working. There is a rule to know it is working: You see the opposite team completely changing their tactics to cope with you. I ve seen mourinho making crazy changes and trying everything. Each time i tweaked my tactics accordingly. The important thing i want to show is that in this years fm there is no tactic that cant be beaten no matter which team you are. I stand by my opinion, till someone proves me wrong. It is much more entertaining now though. You fill like a real manager. You can make one mistake and fall apart. You can make one tweak and create magic. For example, playing away against sevilla, i was loosing by two goals till half time. I saw my mistakes, changed the tactic and ended the game 2-4.

This is the next thing i m going to do robbie. I m just trying to end the season with barca, to see my final results. Till now i dont have a single defeat in league or cl or cup. I also broke real madrids record of consecutive wins which stood by 1961. Even if i try it with an other team i ll just try to change my style of play but not the positions and roles of the players (f.e. maybe it is not so easy to play with high defence if you are osasuna, or to play very fluid.). I know it is working. There is a rule to know it is working: You see the opposite team completely changing their tactics to cope with you. I ve seen mourinho making crazy changes and trying everything. Each time i tweaked my tactics accordingly. The important thing i want to show is that in this years fm there is no tactic that cant be beaten no matter which team you are. I stand by my opinion, till someone proves me wrong. It is much more entertaining now though. You fill like a real manager. You can make one mistake and fall apart. You can make one tweak and create magic. For example, playing away against sevilla, i was loosing by two goals till half time. I saw my mistakes, changed the tactic and ended the game 2-4.

Looking forward to your next one then. Agree 100% with you this years game is great it has giving me a reason to try new things instead of just doing the same old things that always worked.

Looking forward to your next one then. Agree 100% with you this years game is great it has giving me a reason to try new things instead of just doing the same old things that always worked.

It is the closest thing to reality i ve ever seen man. It is unbelievable how any tweak (wright or wrong) can change the fate of your team this year...

5 games 4 w 1 d .great stuff. Beautiful football and so easy .a few tweaks and its up to you.good choises and you win bad choose you loose so simple.I'll post some screnshoots later on.A small question though . How to play if the opposite formation is 3-5(flat)-2 ?

5 games 4 w 1 d .great stuff. Beautiful football and so easy .a few tweaks and its up to you.good choises and you win bad choose you loose so simple.I'll post some screnshoots later on.A small question though . How to play if the opposite formation is 3-5(flat)-2 ?

3-5 (flat)-2 ;;;. Lets see... 1. Keep the poacher as he is. 2. Just behind him put an attacking midfielder/support. 3. Right footed amr and left footed aml. 4. Untick swap position between them. 5. Set them hug touchline. 6. 2 cms/support/zonal marking. 7. 2 fb to automatic. 8. 2 cbs to defend. 9. Keeper as he is. 10. Focus passing: Down both flanks. Let me know mate.

P.S. Why and how did you loose the game; were you better at stats or not; which team are you, who you were playing with;

3-5 (flat)-2 ;;;. Lets see... 1. Keep the poacher as he is. 2. Just behind him put an attacking midfielder/support. 3. Right footed amr and left footed aml. 4. Untick swap position between them. 5. Set them hug touchline. 6. 2 cms/support/zonal marking. 7. 2 fb to automatic. 8. 2 cbs to defend. 9. Keeper as he is. 10. Focus passing: Down both flanks. Let me know mate.

P.S. Why and how did you loose the game; were you better at stats or not; which team are you, who you were playing with;
Now that im thinking, it may work better if you choose two wing backs/automatic than two fb/support. This way you ll probably boss the midfield.

Last edited:
My team is olympiakos and I played against tottenham in England.3-0 at half time idont know why.the game was pretty much even and my players had good stats moons under 6.5 .i think it was my d line .changed it to normal 1 notch after deep and scored 2 goals.i had a red card at 78 th minute and a ccc in the end.i was satisfied because I had 7 ccc at the entire game.it was just bad luck.it happens in real life too

My team is olympiakos and I played against tottenham in England.3-0 at half time idont know why.the game was pretty much even and my players had good stats moons under 6.5 .i think it was my d line .changed it to normal 1 notch after deep and scored 2 goals.i had a red card at 78 th minute and a ccc in the end.i was satisfied because I had 7 ccc at the entire game.it was just bad luck.it happens in real life too

Dont tell me youre greek cause i am (lol)

Και γιατί δεν το λές τόση ώρα?

Δεν το κατάλαβα ρε φίλε. Στην Ελλάδα ζω. Κι αν απορείς γιατί πήρα ισπανική ομάδα... Εσύ ρε φίλε τη φετινή αεκ θα την έπαιρνες; θα τη δοκιμάσω βέβαια μόλις βαρεθώ με τα υπόλοιπα

Δίκιο έχεις.και εγώ που πήρα ολυμπιακό τι κατάλαβα?έκανα edit και άλλαξα με την γρανάδα και έτσι παίζω στην πριμερα.δεν άλλαξα τίποτε άλλο βέβαια.ο ολυμπιακός στην ισπανία ... Μόνο στα όνειρα η στο fm

this is a great post! Thanks TS. Bookmarked for reference.