Too few Scots?

Just to clarify; isn't McGeady Irish? Born a Glaswegian but of Irish descent?

He plays for Republic of Ireland and I swear his accent is Irish..will be Russian in a few years though =D

Born and bred Glaswegian.

Drop Celtic for a minute, and look at dundee utd's sqaud, almost pure scottish.
And still they didn't acheive, god knows what is the answer, we're doomed.

You still need talented players. I was getting at Celtic's players just didn't seem to understand what wearingg the Hoops meant.

Born and bred Glaswegian.

You still need talented players. I was getting at Celtic's players just didn't seem to understand what wearingg the Hoops meant.

I see what you mean :) Of course there has to be a happy medium, there are talented Scots, none are given the opportunity to play regularly at a decent standard :S

we are the new firm :p, or McBoro FC :) thats why really haha

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

and no, mcgeady's accent is most definately not irish, its weegie 100%,. his grand parent was irish so thats why he chose them

At least weve got Forrest coming through and Feruz is only 15 or 16.

I see what you mean :) Of course there has to be a happy medium, there are talented Scots, none are given the opportunity to play regularly at a decent standard :S

Exactly. We need to produce better players and give them playing time, and we can't blame the player base, just look at Uruguay, which a country of 3 million people. Scotland's also got more resources to pool into football than Uruguay.

Scotland have to put more money into the SPL so teams can hold on to there players, if they had done that say 10 years ago then the likes of Darren Fletcher, Craig Gordon, Steven Fletcher and Alan Hutton might of been playing in the SPL but teams cant match wages of England.

Scotland have to put more money into the SPL so teams can hold on to there players, if they had done that say 10 years ago then the likes of Darren Fletcher, Craig Gordon, Steven Fletcher and Alan Hutton might of been playing in the SPL but teams cant match wages of England.

Government subsidised professional football? No thanks.