ShaGunner

Reaction score
Hey all, in my 3rd season with Arsenal at the moment, and I've won all of them - however players getting upset almost 95% of the season and very poor morale I've decided to buy new forwards... but then the others' tend to get their morale back up.

So, all in all - here are my following forwards/strikers (I usually play 4-1-3-2 formation)

Fernando Torres (Inconsistant, would have a goal drought for a month then score a hat-trick)
Luis Suarez (Always injured for more than half of the season)
Robin Van Persie (Provides a goal every 3 games on average, injured longer than Suarez)
Chamakh (Play him as supporting Target Man, good for my other forwards but never scores?)
Theo Walcott (Currently has 14 appearances and 14 goals as a poacher.)
Federico Macheda (10 appearances and 1 goal, yet he's rated 3 stars by my scout)
Landon Donovan (He's rated 2 stars by my scout but scores every few games or so, and can move him to AM so it's alright).

Also none of these forwards have ever been top 3 for goal-scoring in the Premier League at the end of every season (completed 3 so far) - yet my players are first on Team Goals.

Any advice? I don't mind transferring players, but im pretty sure other players would get unhappy... especially Fabregas who get's annoyed if Van Persie or Torres have poor morale.

EDIT: TL;DR: Which of these forwards would you select for first-team/transfer list?

Last edited:
just one question, why so many strikers? particularly strikers who like being the teams center of attention?

Van Persie, Walcott and Chamakh are the original 3 who came with Arsenal.

I bought Donovan at the very start of the season, he was offered to me for only $8m when I was trying to buy Beckham.

Suarez was also offered to me when I couldn't sign him earlier for cheap aswell, about $20m I think.

Same goes for Macheda, who I bought for $20m aswell.

As for Torres, I sold Carlos Vela, Bendtner, Fabianski, Rosicky, Eboue all in the second season and bought him with the entire transfer budget, because he was a 4-star striker, which my team lacked. (Van Persie was 3.5 stars yet long-term injuries prevented him from actually playing).

get rid of macheda... suarez and donovan...and buy some young striker to cover RVP.... like, kadlec or Tiago Alves

IMO sell van persie and Torres, in my own experience there injury troubles make them useless players (my own opinion and experience especially with torres) buy someone more rugged and complete like Dzeko. If your gonna use Suarez id use him as a deep lying forward hes performed best for me whilest in that position

I've put Van Persie up on transfer list, got an offer from Barca and Real for $46m each. I accepted both but he snubbed both of their contracts. I've got pre-season friendlies coming up and will try Suarez as a Deep-Lying forward with Chamakh and Torres, see how that goes. But at the moment selling Macheda shouldn't be a problem as he's still young + potential to grow.

Thanks' for the advice.

Oh, and what about Walcott. Should I just use him as a substitute all the time?

If barca and Madrid cant satisfy him i guess u gotta wait for city to turn up, are u using walcott as a winger or a striker?

if you place torres on the transfer list since the game overrates him so much because of his injuries you will probably profit from it

Torres and Suarez, doesnt matter how you play them they will get you goals.

Sell Donovan if you can along with RVP and either Suarez/Torres.
I'd suggest Torres due to the injury issues which have already been stated.

Should be able to get Kadlec for somewhere between 3-5mil depending on which season you're in and who currently has him. Just keep bringing him on for last 20-30mins and play him in the easier games, found he will sometimes struggle to fit in for a season or so but soon starts burying them fairly often.