Too many incorrect offside decisions?

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
Is it just me or are there too many offsides given which are wrong? I know the refs aren't perfect irl, and it is realistic for them to get some wrong, but in a recent match against liverpool which I drew 1-1 (I am Swansea) their goal was miles offside, a sunday league ref wouldn't ref again if he missed it!

Then I had a 'goal' disallowed when he was onside, althought admittedly only just...

Late in the game I scored directly from a corner. The ball went to around the penalty spot and it was headed in by Eduardo... And it was called for offside!!! It is impossible to be offside from a corner, and even if you could, he started off outside the box!!

Is it just me or are there too many offsides given which are wrong? I know the refs aren't perfect irl, and it is realistic for them to get some wrong, but in a recent match against liverpool which I drew 1-1 (I am Swansea) their goal was miles offside, a sunday league ref wouldn't ref again if he missed it!

Then I had a 'goal' disallowed when he was onside, althought admittedly only just...

Late in the game I scored directly from a corner. The ball went to around the penalty spot and it was headed in by Eduardo... And it was called for offside!!! It is impossible to be offside from a corner, and even if you could, he started off outside the box!!

know how ya feel bro

I don't think there are too many but some incorrect offsides might be too obvious onside to get wrong. As for the corner, it's very possible for one of your other players to be offside if the ref thinks he is interfering with the play.

I don't think there are too many but some incorrect offsides might be too obvious onside to get wrong. As for the corner, it's very possible for one of your other players to be offside if the ref thinks he is interfering with the play.

You can't be offside from a corner though...

You can't be offside from a corner though...

No, but after a corner( I think you missunderstood what I meant.) If one if your player is standing on the goalline in an offside position when your header/or shoot comes and the ref think he is interfering with the play, then it can.

If It this was the fact BUT it was the player scoring the goal that was called off for being offside, then it's the same bug that has been occurring since FM10, the wrong player is being addressed to in the text ( cosmetic bug rather than a real bug)

No, but after a corner( I think you missunderstood what I meant.) If one if your player is standing on the goalline in an offside position when your header/or shoot comes and the ref think he is interfering with the play, then it can.

I did misunderstand what you meant admittedly... However I've checked back at the 'goal' and they have a player stood on either post, so none of my players are offside. Although this does make the decision abit tighter... :/
(And it says Eduardo was offside!)

EDIT: Just saw your post, I wasn't aware of this bug haha :)

In reality... English league linesman are really blind anyway :p They always spot a offside when it is not and no offside when it is... So I have no complains really... It seems realistic to me :)