Too many long shots and not enough goals :(

Even if I use the work ball into box shout etc it still happens and also when i keep the slider down to rarely, hope so of you could help me out a little here, getting frustrating, too many draws play some cracking football but not end product

View attachment 379462View attachment 379465View attachment 379463View attachment 379464

I think due to you playing narrowly with a narrow formation and with more disciplined on, your players are not having any options when they get into the final third. This means the only option they see on is the Long shot.

I think due to you playing narrowly with a narrow formation and with more disciplined on, your players are not having any options when they get into the final third. This means the only option they see on is the Long shot.

Cheers mate what you suggested helped, but this game is still ****** up how bad it is! zero marking in defence

Try looking at the player instructions of the players who are taking long shots. A couple of times I've found that even when I've set one of my players' long shots to "Sometimes", they'll still take wasteful long shots whenever they can.

Cheers mate what you suggested helped, but this game is still ****** up how bad it is! zero marking in defence

changed the it to a wide 4-3-3 and won 3-2 after being 2-1 down, cheers guys

and now i lose 3-0, what the ****, theres something seriously wrong with this game surely?

changed the it to a wide 4-3-3 and won 3-2 after being 2-1 down, cheers guys

If you wanted to play narrow you can, this game is all about tweaking tactics until they work. With the tactic you had you could have changed it from standard to attacking and seen an improvement. When you see an error with your formation just think logically about it then adjust your tactic accordingly.

You win some and you lose some, that's football. Also remember that you are Grimsby and many players won't be as consistent as one would like.

Did you change the time wasting, not using the extreme setting ?

You win some and you lose some, that's football. Also remember that you are Grimsby and many players won't be as consistent as one would like.

Did you change the time wasting, not using the extreme setting ?

im playing as grimsby with a tycoon at the helm and no i havnt changed time wasting at all

im playing as grimsby with a tycoon at the helm and no i havnt changed time wasting at all

Tycoon or not, the players ( unless using FMScout) you can attract should still be of lower quality. I would still let the players have more time with their decision and unless the team knows the tactic, you will see poor performances.( you switched tactic during the season)

Tycoon or not, the players ( unless using FMScout) you can attract should still be of lower quality. I would still let the players have more time with their decision and unless the team knows the tactic, you will see poor performances.( you switched tactic during the season)

okay yeah thanks man, i spent a lot of time blending the squad earlier the season and got good results added 1 or 2 at january i do my own scouting looking at league player stats from higher and lower leagues find some gems like tyler harvey!