istanbul2005

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am currently managing Rangers and although winning isn't an issue I do no create CCC's, only 1 in my last 4 games. Around 50-70% of my shots are long shots which isn't helping.

I have tried using the play through defence and work ball into box shouts, coupled with all players having long shots set to rarely, low creative freedom and not a single player having ppm's that would lead them to shooting from range all the time.

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 IF's and an AP behind a Poacher. I also regurlarly have more than 65% possesion, although I am not sure if this a flaw in my tactic that plays too passes many without creating chances, even half chances, or if its just the fact I have a superior team.

Any help would be gladly appreaciated

Reduce creative freedom.

If that doesn't work, look at your tactics. Often, if your players are taking long shots it means they have no other options. Two IFs and an AP behind a poacher means there's really not much natural width to your tactics. Perhaps switching one of them to a winger would help, or making sure your FBs get forward often.

Reduce creative freedom.

If that doesn't work, look at your tactics. Often, if your players are taking long shots it means they have no other options. Two IFs and an AP behind a poacher means there's really not much natural width to your tactics. Perhaps switching one of them to a winger would help, or making sure your FBs get forward often.

Thanks for the reply.

I will give these a try and see how I get on in my next few games.