Too many players unhappy about lack of first team footy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Eoin McG
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 18K

Eoin McG

Soy el Maestro
Reaction score
It just seems that there has been a big increase in the amount of players complaining about the lack of first team football since the last patch. Players listed as backup, or rotation, asking to speak to me if I pick my strongest side for a few tough matches.. Has anyone else had this issue?

Just getting a bit much with all the conversations.

Can't say that i've had this problem, though i do work with a fairly small squad so maybe that saves me from it a bit.

Have read plenty of people getting the same problem though. Guess it reflects the ego of the modern player that they all believe they are good enough to play.

I know every time i try to sell someone they whinge that they are "better then most of the garbage you are happy to keep here!" Even when it's obviously not true. & btw, way to support your soon to be ex-team mates!

It just seems that there has been a big increase in the amount of players complaining about the lack of first team football since the last patch. Players listed as backup, or rotation, asking to speak to me if I pick my strongest side for a few tough matches.. Has anyone else had this issue?

Just getting a bit much with all the conversations.

I agree, i'm like 7 games in and James Henry has starteed 4 and had 1 sub apperance for my Wolves side and said he wants to find new club cos he hasnt played...i was like are you serious?!
I also had this with Darrn Gibson at Everton even though he was injured....

agreed, i have had a couple that i agreed to give more game time to. so played them in 4 of the next 5 games (only dropping them due to poor condition) for them to say i hadnt kept my promise......reserves and sold.

I noticed this happening more in 15, but not necessarily since the latest patch...but GOD I hope that's not true..even before the patch I had players of all calibres and squad status complain.

Although, a player I just signed in the off-season (post patch) just complained about lack of first team football...like 10 games into the season. I think he started 6 or 7. He's been absolutely terrible btw...

All comments sound all too familiar. How do we go about getting this looked at? Just had a striker who'd played 4-5 matches out of around 10-11 complain about first team football agaaain even though he hasn't scored all season! I only play one striker and the other has bagged 17 goals but this dudes young and someone I want to keep. So frustrating.

Can i ask if the young striker in question is an "ambitious" personality or if there is anything in his personality that might explain his behaviour?

Just seems ridiculous to essentially play half the games & still complain!

All comments sound all too familiar. How do we go about getting this looked at? Just had a striker who'd played 4-5 matches out of around 10-11 complain about first team football agaaain even though he hasn't scored all season! I only play one striker and the other has bagged 17 goals but this dudes young and someone I want to keep. So frustrating.

To me it sounds like the algorithm should be tweaked here. The game needs to consider not only the playing time, but the team's depth at his position, the current performance level of other players in his position, etc. If plenty of other factors are already in the algorithm, they should probably be re-weighed.

What's his current squad status also?

It's easily the worst part of the game. I have Stefano Denswil complaining about his first team playing time, even though HE IS THE FREAKING STARTING CB WITH VELTMAN.
HE'S ONLY MISSED OUT ON 4 GAMES ALL SEASON DUE TO SUSPENSIONS.
Freaking ****** me off.

It's easily the worst part of the game. I have Stefano Denswil complaining about his first team playing time, even though HE IS THE FREAKING STARTING CB WITH VELTMAN.
HE'S ONLY MISSED OUT ON 4 GAMES ALL SEASON DUE TO SUSPENSIONS.
Freaking ****** me off.

Thats bizarre!

I've had players in my first team squad for 3 years who would seriously have struggled to play 10 games & they've never (or rarely) made a peep! Heading into my 4th full season & i can only remember 1 player who has come to me whinging about playing time. Plenty of other complaints though.

That's why i wondered about personality & as MM said squad status. Niether of which should be a problem to a guy who has only missed games due to suspensions. Unless his personality is "bat **** crazy" lol

Thats bizarre!

I've had players in my first team squad for 3 years who would seriously have struggled to play 10 games & they've never (or rarely) made a peep! Heading into my 4th full season & i can only remember 1 player who has come to me whinging about playing time. Plenty of other complaints though.

That's why i wondered about personality & as MM said squad status. Niether of which should be a problem to a guy who has only missed games due to suspensions. Unless his personality is "bat **** crazy" lol

Ugh, who knows what's wrong with him. I had half a mind to sell him to Napoli, but my CL Round of 16 matchup versus Atletico Madrid is not allowing me to do so.
On the other hand, van der Hoorn's only started maybe 4 games all season, and he hasn't even had a lower morale. >.>

OK, this has definitely gotten worse since the latest patch.

My goalie (granted, he's 4 stars with first-team squad status), complained about lack of first-team football. Fine, I was giving my 20 year old 3 of 5 games (4.5 stars, 5 potential). So I give him a good run, at the risk of hindering the 20 year old's development and happiness (I don't wanna lose the first guy, because I know I can't hang on to the 20 year old forever). Then, obviously he's happy with the amount of first-team football he's getting, I'm told he's no longer unhappy when the promise period ends. Perfect.

Mere weeks later, during which period I gave him 2 of 4 starts, he complains about lack of football again. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

The 20 year old was hurt a couple of days before and is gonna be out for 3-4 weeks, so I was able to promise him more first-team, but seriously WTF, this is beyond broken...

Regardless of squad or player personality, this is just laughably ridiculous. As was my previous example of a new signing complaining after 10 games into the season, even though he's started 60-70% of games.

My discipline rating (which supposedly affects how often players come to you with an issue) and man management rating are both 16 or 17 I believe. My discipline bar is at 80% (although I think this is just an indicator of your tendency to fine players?)

Last edited:
I haven't played much since the last patch, hope this doesn't become a problem for me :S

I've had a few players come to me and moan about lack of first team football. Some of the younger ones you can blag it saying so and so has been playing better hence why your off or you are currently a back up player for us etc etc. But if they are left out of the starting 11 for a good 30/40 games of their career in your squad they tend to start looking for a move (in my save anyways).

Also, As said above, it could be down the personality as some just want playing time. I guess some players in real life are like that, they would rather play on a lower wage then not play on higher wage but be on the bench every week.

had 7 players complaining at one time even doh half of them play most games. even when you give the players complaining a run and then leave em out for a game or 2 they start ******** againt

Update since last post, bought Fran Merida free transfer for Wolves.
Wasn't match fit, when he was i played him 3 in a row, dropped for 2 games then back in next game which he got MOM and then he complained about lack of football....he just got MOM in the last game and i interacted with him saying his recent performance was brilliant (thanks for the feedback i hope to continue impressing......so confusing

I've been having similar problems. I think players only care if they start games. I think you can play them as a sub in every game and they will still complain about not playing. I'm in my 4th season and I bought Tielemans for over 30 mil pounds. I was about 10 games into the new season of which he played every game (started half and came in as a sub in the other half) and he came to me and complained about lack of football. Plus his team role is "rotation". It's strange...

This is still bugging me! I've got a team which has competition for places and the out of form players are always ****** moaning. Also, does anyone find that if you get players a move away from the team that they've been pestering for they still ask for extra money per week even if it's the slightest drop in wage? It isn't unrealistic for a player to take a pay cut if they're moving down from a standard they can't compete at..

my biggest issue is players condition, i am playing in lower divs currently and have games every couple of days and i have players with 70s condition moaning about not playing when they are dropped due to not being match fit. Whats worse theres no option in the interaction to say you aren't in good enough shape for the first team. Personally its a great addition to the game however it hasnt been executed very well and has too many problems. or perhaps we arent considering player personalities well enough when signing squad players

Back