gaamst

Reaction score
Hi all,

I still haven't updated my game with the latest patch, as I am really comfortable with the difficulty level at present(12.0.4). I've read a lot of different opinions from people on this forum about the 12.0.4 patch, that it's too easy and all that, so I guess I'm still learning at this game.

Anyway, there is one thing that would make me update my game, and that is the overall results in the game. This does not have anything to do with my own team's peformances, for the most part anyway. But I think there are too many goals scored, especially in the Premier League. Most of the matches are won by the home side when the odds and match stats are close, and very often by a large score. In the Premier League IRL, there are really no easy matches, and of course playing away from home is difficult if you are not one of the top teams, still then it's no picnic. But very often in real life, most teams put up a fight, but I feel like now when the Evertons or Sunderlands are on the road, the game might be close fought, but very often the result says otherwise. I know, this happens sometimes also irl, but too often it ends up in a one-sided result like a 4 or 5-0-win.

Also, Stoke and those other sides who rely on picking up points at home, are no better at it than the other teams. Of course they are on the back foot for most of the time in most games against strong sides, but City and United are knocking 5 and 6 past them every time on my save.

But, the main issue for me is what I said in the beginning, very often the games are close-fought, with say 10-11 in attempts at goal, still the home side usually wins with a large score.

Will any of this be affected by the 12.1.1 patch is really what I'm asking, and another thing, do the managers in the game really make a difference? I mean David Moyes got sacked from Everton, and took over Aston Villa, but still they could not pick up points and got hammered all over the country. I'd like too think that a good manager in the game, especially one whos experienced and adapted to a league, and knows his way around tactics, can make a difference to a team. I feel like managers are getting sacked all over, and I know this has become the name of the game also irl, but I can't spot the difference to a team when a new manager takes over? Maybe other than who he decides to bring in transfer-wise.

It's not my intention to bash the game in anyway, I'm still very much addicted to it and I would've cared about this "issue" if I wasn't. I guess what I'm seeking is that Premier League-vibe that I get from watching it on tv, those close-fought games with a high tempo and lots and lost of passion, in which one of the teams might just scrape it once in a while, rather than battering the opponent by a flattering amount of goals.

So if you're still reading this, in which case I have to say I'm impressed, could you shed some light on this for me please, it would be deeply appreciated.

Alex

Very good point. I found when i played with my tottenham save it was tight games against the likes of chelsea, man u, etc...
but when i played stoke, Newcastle, etc... i won by 5-0, 4-1, and even 6-0 and the 6-0 was against Stoke away.

Basically mate, I would say get every update as each one sorts out somthing or improves the game in some way :)

Yeah, and I agree. It's just that I'm afraid for my Exeter-save, that the game will become unplayable and that my tactics will lose their effect. Therefore I'm giving it the old pros and cons, like I said I'm on the fence, but any update as far as results go or anything similar will 100% convince me to do it.