Top flight ponders Euro play-offs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The Premier League is considering a proposal to introduce a play-off for the fourth and final Champions League place.

More...

would make it more interesting between Arsenal and Liverpool plus the usual challengers (Villa , Spurs , Everton)

Hate the playoff systems in all tiers.

No thanks.

It would make it more interesting, Yes Please :)

Good idea in my opinion.

4 teams are against it,lets see if we can guess who they are.

it would make the epl more interesting as it is always the same year in year out

Great idea, Also a massive money maker. Seems to work well in the Netherlands.

Heh, it's so obvious that the established top 4 would be the ones against it.

this is a ***** idea.

another money making scheme from MR Scudamore.

so lets look at it this was. a team could finish 10 points behind another but still qualify for europe why the other team cant. NOPE.

only reason fans will say Yes, is becuase without a big cash injection or a poor season from another club, they have no chance of getting into champions league.

Woeful idea, the top 4 teams get into CL because they are the best all season, not because they get lucky in the play-offs. I'm a villa fan so stand to gain from this but honestly it is an awful idea.

only reason fans will say Yes, is becuase without a big cash injection or a poor season from another club, they have no chance of getting into champions league.
You could probably counter that by saying the only reason you will say no is because your in the top four and you never know, you might finish 4th.

Woeful idea, the top 4 teams get into CL because they are the best all season, not because they get lucky in the play-offs. I'm a villa fan so stand to gain from this but honestly it is an awful idea.
This is pretty much my opinion too.|)

Much fairer in the current way.:D

You could probably counter that by saying the only reason you will say no is because your in the top four and you never know, you might finish 4th.

But what would the reaction be if utd finshed 5/6th and then qualified through play offs. would they have worked then. i think this is just a way of MR scudamore of making money. he wants to break up the top 4, when in reality it is broken anyway.

But what would the reaction be if utd finshed 5/6th and then qualified through play offs. would they have worked then. i think this is just a way of MR scudamore of making money. he wants to break up the top 4, when in reality it is broken anyway.

Lol,stop doing that MR. Scudamore thing.

It looks like an idea that would generate more revenue for the Premier League and grab more money,but it does sound like a good idea.Aston Villa narrowly missed out on 4th place to Arsenal last season and deserved to have a Champions League spot same goes for Tottenham Hotspur against Liverpool.Liverpool have only recently come back into the top four and have played awfully this season in comparison to the last.

I for one would like to see a trial of it before any concrete decisions can be made.

It looks like an idea that would generate more revenue for the Premier League and grab more money,but it does sound like a good idea.Aston Villa narrowly missed out on 4th place to Arsenal last season and deserved to have a Champions League spot same goes for Tottenham Hotspur against Liverpool.Liverpool have only recently come back into the top four and have played awfully this season in comparison to the last.

I for one would like to see a trial of it before any concrete decisions can be made.
Aston villa didn't deserve to go into the champions league. They were good for a long while but in the end they burnt out and over the whole campaign arsenal were better.

Last edited:

villa deserved it so much, they over the whole seaon they finished 6oO)

Back