Reaction score
The best players i have come across are;

• Diego Suarez
  • Luis Suarez
  • Aaron Hunt
  • Aaron Lennon
  • Stevan Jovetic
  • Kyle Naughton
These come from just playing the game for 5 seasons. If anyone can point me in the right direction as where to scout, stil can't get to grips how to scout.

Scouting depends on your clubs needs. Go to your clubs scouting knowledge screen and it will tell you which areas of the world you have a lot of information on and which areas you know very little about and get your scouts to scout these places. The more knowledge you have, the more players show up on your transfer search screen. Hope this helps

Most games i start as Liverpool so there scouts are pretty good and i have enough money to recruit new scouts but how do i know when i find a future a star if his stats don't look that good intially? The other topclubs seem to recruit maybe players who turn out to be stars later on? really annoying to be honest :)

Read your scout reports on the player. Your scout compairs the scouted player with the players who are already at the club and tells you how good they are now and how good they can become.

Scouting and judging players potential is really hard to get right.

scouting is never really a good idea when lookign for someone to fill in your 1st team! its a good benchmark for youngsters but there are some great players who might only be a decent premier player will have killer stats in the area's you need him most, just because the scout says he is decent and not a leading premier player does not mean that you dont have to include him in your team!

i used to have that mentality and its not a great idea, players like Dikgalo -SA National team was immense in FM09 (stats wise) but was only rated a decent player, but was the rock in my midfield!

buy players that suit your team and have the stats that you are looking for in each position.

Yeah when replacing someone in my first team I try to find a proven player.