Torino FC - We want to be the best club in town!

FMChrisss

Reaction score
As some of you MAY have guessed from the title this is a Torino FC story. Hopefully i can challenge the - sadly enough - biggest club in Torino, Juventus. But more on that later, lets get going!

View attachment 211343

Last edited:
So who am I?
View attachment 211304

My name is Gianluigi Lentini and I was born on March 27 1969. I was raised in a small town called Carmagnola just outside of Torino. When I was a kid, I loved playing football in the local park together with my friends besides playing at the local club. At a young age, I was picked up by Torino to play in their academy, and my dad who was a Torino fan himself loved taking me to and from training.

When I reached the professional level, I did not get many chances in the first team and the club therefore decided to loan me out to Ancona, who at that time played in Serie B. Here I got a lot of first team football, playing 37 matches in total that year. And when I returned to Torino the next season I finally broke in to the first team even though we had been relegated to Serie B. However, we bounced back and won promotion and the league the year after. Hereafter the team won the Mitropa cup in 1991 and reached the final of the UEFA Cup in 1992 only losing to Ajax in the final.

I then joined AC Milan for a record fee of £13 million in the end of the best season of my career so far. I made an immediate impact on the team as I scored 7 goals in Serie A. we won the Supercup in both 1992 and 1993 and also reached the Champions League final only losing against Marseille in 1993.

In the summer of 1993 just before the season started, I was involved in a serious car crash and spent 2 days in a light coma. I could immediately tell that things was not right and I feared my career would end. Luckily I somewhat recovered from the accident and went on to play for AC Milan for another 3 season, although I never reached my high potential before the accident.

Hereafter the only true joy left in my active football career was rejoining Torino in 1997 and help the team get promoted to Serie A once again.

In 2001 I stopped playing football at the highest level and played for smaller clubs in Italy before finally stopping my career in 2012 in my hometown club, Carmagnola.

View attachment 211308View attachment 211309

Goals at Torino FC:
Win over Juventus before the end of 2. season
Win TIM cup before the end of 3. season
Win Serie A before the end of 4. season
Win Champions league before I leave the club​

Last edited:
The squad

View attachment 211188
As the team report shows, I have a decent squad to work with. Especiallly the center positions are of high quality and numbers, except for the AMC position. Other than that, I don't have many options on the wings, as it is only Josef Martinez who is natural there.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Key players

Once again, it shows that our most important players are in the center of the field.

Kamil will be the heart of our defence and the one who organizes it. His defensive stats are very impressive, as are his mental stats. Key player for years to come, and he is also our captain.

Giuseppe is probably our most experienced player, and he will be key as a DM, where he will both sweep up balls and also set up our attacks. Giuseppe will be our 2. captain

View attachment 211177
Marco is one of our most promising players, and at an age of only 20 he will be the link between the midfield and attack. I hope he will take a small burden of the goal scoring as I will look to have him train on arriving late in the box.

View attachment 211178
Fabio is a very experienced player, and he has nice stats overall. I especially like his technical stats, and he will be in the sligthly deeper position of the two attackers I plan on playing with.

View attachment 211176

The last key player for my side is Andrea Belotti. He is a great forward, and I hope he will kick on a level or two from his time in Palermo. He certainly has a great time ahead of him.

Last edited:
Having Gigi as your manager is enough for me to follow this. I am Milanista after all! :)

View attachment 210843

A quick look at the tactic

View attachment 210893

With almost no options for the three positions behind the striker, went with a tactic without any of those positions in play. I went with a 5-3-2/3-3-2-2 tactic with a fast and direct play to get the ball quickly up to two of the best players in the team. If the ball is in the middle of the field the players are told to sometimes wait for the forward rushing wingbacks who can then cross the ball. This tactic should give us plenty of players to defend against both wingplay and balls through the middle.

Last edited:
View attachment 210842

Transfer news: One in - one out

Out:

Nikola Maksimovic was sold to Liverpool for a fee of £12 million that could potentially rise to £13.5 million. £9.5 million will be paid upfront with £2.5 million over 12 months. This deal was simply too good to turn down, as the club made a profit of at least £10 million depending on how the player performs at his new club.

View attachment 210866

In:

Lorenzo Tonelli joins the club to fill the gap that the sale of Maksimovic made. The club paid £6.75 million for the defender, however the price could reach £7.5 million if he does well for Torino FC. The club paid £4.8 million upfront and another £2 million over 18 months.

View attachment 210865

Last edited:
View attachment 210841

Pre-season results

View attachment 210839

Pre-season is well over, and alle the guys got some games to get in shape for the upcoming season. Most of the games were against lower ranked Italian teams, and the only real opposition we met were AC Milan, who defeated us 2-0 in a Testimonial match for Abbiati.

The tactic got tweaked a bit sometimes to see what worked best, but I decided to stick with my overall formation as I think it did pretty well.

Now we just have to get 100% ready as the teams we meet in Serie A won't be as easy to defeat.

Last edited:
View attachment 210688
August update

Torino - Modena

View attachment 210681
Our first important game of the season was an Italian Cup game against Modena. The team didn’t really live up to my expectations though Mauri scored a late match winning goal, securing us a 1-0 win which takes us to the next round. As said, the team didn’t perform well and I told them that they had to do much better against harder opponents.

Torino - Palermo

View attachment 210678

[video=youtube;ofXnJ2FdjEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofXnJ2FdjEo[/video]

Another close game where we started out really well and were 2-0 up after 11 minutes with 2 goals from former Palermo player, Belotti. After this, the game settled and not much happened before the goalscoring started again midway through 2. half. Experienced Italian striker Gilardino gave us some problems but the game ended with a goal from Quagliarella who snapped up a loose ball inside the box after a long range shot from Zappacosta. Happy to start with a win, even though it should never have gotten this close.

Frosinone - Torino​

View attachment 210677

First away game of the season ended in a 1-0 win, which isn’t too bad. The goal from Belotti came after a corner that Nicola Leali(loaned out from our fierce rival Juventus) failed to hang on to and Belotti hit the ball on a first timer in to the net. Boring game, but we ended up with an away win so I can live with it.

Player of the month

Andrea Belotti
has to get the POM award as he scored 3 goals in 3 games. A great start to the season for him. Hope he can keep it up!

View attachment 210676

Last edited:
View attachment 210548

End of 1. Transfer window

Torino FC – Transfer window

View attachment 210543

As you can see, I wasn’t very active in my first transfer window at Torino FC. I decided to give the players already here, a chance to prove what they can do. I would have liked one or two ingoing transfers more though, as the AMR, AMC and AML positons can’t be filled by my players. This leaves me vulnerable, as other teams know that we won’t be able to fill those positions, right now at least.
For the next few windows, I will probably be looking for players wo can play: CD(L), DM/MC, AML, AMC, AMR.

Transfers around the world

Transfers worth more than £1 million

View attachment 210542

Last edited: