shaunkc92

Reaction score
I swear this must be the most common and annoying injury on FM11. On average training schedules I will get at least one starting player coming down with a torn calf muscle during a game each month. Considering that I don't start anyone on orange injuries or if their condition is below 90 and will try to sub people if the drop below 70 I think this is a bit ridiculous. The fact that it takes 3-4 months to recover makes it even more infuriating.

In my third season with Boro Wheater, McDonald and Lukaku all have it at the moment which is even more annoying considering I need them for the last five games of the season trying to stay in contention for a CL spot.

Does anyone else have this problem or does FM just have a personal vendetta against me??

Yeah torn calf muscle injury seems to be unrealistically frequent.

maybe you're overworking them in aerobic training so when it comes to the game their muscles are 'tight'. Try easing off the aero a little and see if it improves the situation

Yeah check your trainings Are they the default or custom?

I had it once with Van der Meyde in pre-season when on default training, which I had put to high workload to try and get the team in shape for the season. He's just come back to fitness now and it's the beginning of December. I changed the training to a downloaded set of schedules a week or so into the season and haven't had it since, although I do get a few other niggling injuries.

I use custom training schedules and the aerobic section was already fairly low and the total workload is at the lower end of medium. After the first season I reduced aerobic even more and it didn't seem to make any difference as in the first month Diego Buonanotte and Kevin Thomson both get it.