torquaylad

Reaction score
i cant seem to win anything!! i was winning friendlies like 2-0 away rotheram, 4-1 home team bath, 2-1 away aston villa reserves, i havnt changed anything at all and yet now im loosing 2-0 to the likes of histon and woking and even flippin 1-0 to northwich

any ideas on how to sort it out??

im playing 4-4-2

poke, mansell, todd, ellis, nicolson, carayol, hargreaves, thompson (wroe sometimes), danny stevens, sills, green or benyon or malcolm christie

i have 2 wingers pushing forwards, RB and LB also pushing forwards 2 cb staying where they are 1 CM oushing back other staying there and 2 strikers staying still.

i would have put pictures but dont know how im a noooob 8-| lemme know any advice ASAP please, much appreciated

Try my benitez 4-4-2 variations. They might help you see when and where you need to change things in match to get results. The AI changes tactics and formations to get results against you, you need to be prepared to counter this :)

Try my benitez 4-4-2 variations. They might help you see when and where you need to change things in match to get results. The AI changes tactics and formations to get results against you, you need to be prepared to counter this :)

this just proves how much more of a noob i am :L, what is your benitez 4-4-2 variations/where do i find them??, and what is AI ?? XD

Have you got winrar to unzip it with? Google it, it's free, if you've not.

so jus type in on google winrar free download?

and then wen i download it i can jus save to my documents yer?

Google winrar, download it, install it. Then it works just like winzip or any other programme which compresses information. Use it to 'unrar' the tactics (My documents/SI/FM09/Tactics is a good spot to send the files to) and then find them through the tactics part of the game.

and yet im still a ****** how do i 'unrar' them it says open or save ive tried both

Right, winrar is installed? If you right click on the file (benitez5x5442 I think is the name) then you'll see an option called 'extract'. That will take the individual .tac files out of the .rar.

cheers buddy :], your hairs probably faling out from this stress lmao

Lol no, but I'm imagining you might be pulling yours out - always frustrating if you're relying on advice from a forum but having to wait for replies. :) One of those things where once you've done it once then it's all easy after that though. :)

your replying pretty **** fast though to be fair :],, i think ive done it but to be even more of a pain in the **** how do i knoe use them? ive extracted them to (documents/SI/FM/tactics)....

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

its worked dude you are a genius i love you wohooooo :),, ill let you know how i get on with them, im kinda too tired to even use them after all this lmao, ill have to use them tomorrow thanks again mate

Lol if you read the comments section of the link I gave you earlier for the tactics, there's a link to the thread on here with more tips etc. Any problems, let me know on there. :)

What are your tactics? I used short, passing arsenal football with Torquay but didn't work, so resorted to direct, down the flanks, cross in to sills tactics - which works very well.

Use Sills as your target man, get your passes down both flanks (you need good wingers - danny stevens and someone else are good - sign dobson from MK Dons or Owen Price) cross the ball in to Sills and have someone like Green, Benyon or Malcolm there to apply the finish. It works well - have a counter-attacking style and a big pitch to make it work well.

sign Stuart Fleetwood if u can - he's quality and can get for about 1k-4k.

Get rid of players like Steve Adams, Nicky Wroe, Tyrone Thompson, replace Hargreaves with Dave Brammer, buy Valentin Galev as a keeper coz the torquay ones aren't great. Get Jean-Francois Christophe on loan and then as a free transfer he's an amazing buy, callum bissett is very good, as is john ovenstone. Alejandro rocamora too.

Last edited:
torquaylad i would try and get rid of christie i got him for my grimsby team and found out hes pretty useless try to find a quicker striker at the end of 1st season i got cadamartri and pericard both out of contract they are ten times better than christie

After my post with advice, I'm having the same problem as you, torquaylad. Winning games like Stevenage but losing to the likes of Kings Lynn. I just don't understand it, I really don't!