Torres - I'm close to top form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramires

Reaction score
made a dramatic deadline-day switch to the Premier League champions for a remarkable £50million fee, and fate has it that he takes on his former club at Stamford Bridge this weekend.
Blues
spacer.gif
boss Carlo Ancelotti
spacer.gif
has not revealed whether the 26-year-old former Atletico Madrid
spacer.gif
man will start against Liverpool
spacer.gif
in West London.
But Torres is keen to make his debut and insists that Chelsea
spacer.gif
will soon see the best of him after a difficult past 12 months.
"In the last two months, I've been playing, if not at my best, close to my best," he said.
"I expect to be a bit better for the rest of the season. Last year, was difficult with two surgeries on my knees.
"I needed time to recover. I did."
Torres is relishing facing former team-mate Jamie Carragher
spacer.gif
on Sunday and denies there is bad blood between the pair.
"Hopefully I can play, and he can too," he added. "I would like to play against him because he's a top player.
"I like playing against the best, as I liked to play against (John) Terry and (Rio) Ferdinand.
"I'm expecting a hard game. I know he's a big Liverpool fan. As a footballer, I'm sure he understands my decision.
"Plenty of my ex-team-mates have congratulated me for this move."
The Spain international has been widely criticised by Liverpool fans following his Anfield exit but insists he would have happily stayed on had Chelsea not come in with a bid.
"I was a Liverpool player and, if no one wanted me, I'd have played happily," he remarked.
"It's been a very tough season. You know the progress has not been the best, they've had problems with the old owners and are in a difficult moment, but I helped the team and did my job all the time."
Sky sports Published this Not Me

last month or so he has been scoring goals again so maybe Chelsea signed him at the right time.

Firstly, link to the article. Secondly, make the article make sense. Lastly, format it.

That aside... I don't think he's near top form yet. His top form was 2007-08. Not now.

Firstly, link to the article. Secondly, make the article make sense. Lastly, format it.

That aside... I don't think he's near top form yet. His top form was 2007-08. Not now.

Thats why he said close lol.

hope he doesn't score play or score tomorrow. I do really like Torres so would prefer his debut to not be against your former club that you just left but rather a smaller, easier game. It will be a huge game for him 2morrow so will be interesting to see how he plays (if he does)

I hope Carragher/Skrtel/Agger kicks the **** out of him...Liverpool Win Please...And he is no where near top form, if he was in top form he would score goals 24/7.

I hope Carragher/Skrtel/Agger kicks the **** out of him...Liverpool Win Please...And he is no where near top form, if he was in top form he would score goals 24/7.

He has been scoring goals recently, and they will be lucky to get anywhere near him.:p

omg no, no more on torres there is a thread with 1600+ replies about torres. the is a match thread for people to talk about torres. Cant people just wait till tomorrows game?

I am incredibly bored right now, Torres Torres Torres, can we lads just discuss him on the Thread

Lets talk about the 12th best striker in the league again....

thread ./

The more Torres threads the better i say. Still cant believe he plays for Chelsea lol.

If you say so yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.