Torres Out For Rest Of Season.

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K
who is bison ?

liverpool be afraid...

picture.php

i am sooooo happy torres will miss the game against us cause he allways seems to score against us his scored against us about 5 or 6 times in the last two seasons aint he ??

It's a bit off topic, but seriously. It ****** me off some people say the Europa League is a ****** little trophy. Is it ****! Obviously it's not as good as the champions league but it's still a brilliant little trophy to win, better than the carling cup (Manchester United) and nothing (Arsenal) if we win it. Seriously; look at some of the teams that are in/have been it and tell me that it's not a good little trophy to win. Juventus were in it, Wolfsburg were in it (german champions don't forget) Valencia were in it, and lets not forget Liverpool are in it. This trophies still rated quite highly on the continent whereas we just slag it off. personally it'd kill me to see us play no european football at all next year, but if we didn't, would rafa finally concentrate on the Premier League. As he always seems to favour european competition. Rant Over.

Right, back on topic, this is a massive blow for us, unless he plays Kuyt or Babel upfront we're really going to struggle, especially with N'gog up there. Let's just hope that surgery goes well, and Nando can stay fully fit next season.

Top post, Shakhtar Donesth were also in it, as were Roma who currently lead Serie A. True it's not the Champions League but I'd rather say I won the Europa (touch wood) than, oh got knocked out in Champions League quarter finals.

Top post, Shakhtar Donesth were also in it, as were Roma who currently lead Serie A. True it's not the Champions League but I'd rather say I won the Europa (touch wood) than, oh got knocked out in Champions League quarter finals.

also sporting lisbon were in it and athletico madrid are currently in it who are two good teams and tbh i agree with what you said bout rather winning it then getting nocked out of the cl i would rather be in liverpools europeon position right now instead of getting beat by inter in the last 16 of the cl anyday

I think the reason people say it's a **** cup is because liverpool are only in it because they were too **** to get out of the group stages of the champions league so just being in the tournament is a bit of an embarrasment. It's fine if you qualified for the europa league like fulham but if you are only there because you weren't good enough for the main competition it take a lot of the shine off what would be a decent cup to win.

P.s

I'd rather have our run in europes than liverpools because it doesn't involve the embarresment of going out of the champions league at the first hurdle.

I think the reason people say it's a **** cup is because liverpool are only in it because they were too **** to get out of the group stages of the champions league so just being in the tournament is a bit of an embarrasment. It's fine if you qualified for the europa league like fulham but if you are only there because you weren't good enough for the main competition it take a lot of the shine off what would be a decent cup to win.

P.s

I'd rather have our run in europes than liverpools because it doesn't involve the embarresment of going out of the champions league at the first hurdle.

I see your point, I personally disagree with the Champions League teams being able to drop out into the Europa League, kinda makes it unfair on the teams who've worked hard to get to the last 32. I mean Fulham have had to play three CL drop outs, maybe two, I don't think Shakhtar were CL this season but still a quality side. Wolfsburg and Juventus though are still quality sides but we knocked them out (H) The evidence from that can only suggest that the CL is overrated <)

the fact that CL rejects get a 2nd chance in europe with it kinda devalues it, its like they're saying " you werent good enough for the first one, heres something else to kinda make up for it" it should be one or the other

Just wish the lad would be getting a full summer off and a full pre-season. But you can't ask him to give up his world cup hopes so this is probably for the best.

I'll take comfort in the fact that Kuyt has more league goals than Zamora, Anelka and a fair few other top strikers this season. From right wing <)

It's a bit off topic, but seriously. It ****** me off some people say the Europa League is a ****** little trophy. Is it ****! Obviously it's not as good as the champions league but it's still a brilliant little trophy to win, better than the carling cup (Manchester United) and nothing (Arsenal) if we win it. Seriously; look at some of the teams that are in/have been it and tell me that it's not a good little trophy to win. Juventus were in it, Wolfsburg were in it (german champions don't forget) Valencia were in it, and lets not forget Liverpool are in it. This trophies still rated quite highly on the continent whereas we just slag it off. personally it'd kill me to see us play no european football at all next year, but if we didn't, would rafa finally concentrate on the Premier League. As he always seems to favour european competition. Rant Over.

It is a **** trophy..

A few points here..

- Yes it's a good trophy for a club like Fulham, but we are way to big to be competing in it.

- Compared to the Champions League it is nothing..

- It's not rated highly at all, if it was it wouldn't be on FIVE/ ITV4 and the prize money would be bigger

- The only reason Juve are in it is because they were knocked out at the group stages as well

Remember last season when most of the teams were trying to lose because it took up like 20 games a season on it's own.. I'd rather we weren't in Europe at all than be in the Europa League, and I'd take 4th over it any day. And to be honest looking back over the years, it's only been won by **** teams..

We are way to good to even be bothered by this crappy trophy. But we are in the semi's now and we have nothing else to play for so we may as well give it a go but I'm about 90% if we qualify for it next year it will be our second team going to play.

Last edited:
Remember last season when most of the teams were trying to lose because it took up like 20 games a season on it's own.. I'd rather we weren't in Europe at all than be in the Europa League, and I'd take 4th over it any day. And to be honest looking back over the years, it's only been one by **** teams..

Sevilla 2006
Sevilla 2007
Zenith 2008
Shakhtar 2009

Some of those **** teams are arguably better than you ?

Europa League is not a **** trophy end of.

Hope Torres gets a breather all summer he has the chance at a World Cup in 4 years time. I dont want him to rush back and ruin his chances at a full campaign next year (a tad selfish i know)

Hopefully Babel will play up top as he has the ability and pace to do damage especially to the Likes of Burnley,West Ham and Hull...and possibly Chelsea (Our last 4 games in the EPL)

The Europa League is not a bad trophy at all.

I think Sevilla and Shakhtar could beat you but then again, this stuff is hard to predict.

Just because you beat a team, does not make you better then that team.

It's like.. Say Gray's played Barcelona, and let's say Gray's won? Does that make them a better team? I think not.

Maybe those team's would beat us? But maybe we had a bad game?

Liverpool are better then those teams.

Europa League is not a **** trophy end of.

Hope Torres gets a breather all summer he has the chance at a World Cup in 4 years time. I dont want him to rush back and ruin his chances at a full campaign next year (a tad selfish i know)

Hopefully Babel will play up top as he has the ability and pace to do damage especially to the Likes of Burnley,West Ham and Hull...and possibly Chelsea (Our last 4 games in the EPL)

I agree with this, but I can see Rafa playing N'Gog up-front, I know it will do good for him, but it could cost us game's and we don't want to finish 7th, 8th or lower.

He should play Babel or Kuyt up-front for the rest of the season and I'm pretty sure we can win all of our games.

As a Man U fan i'm actually really disappointed. Was hoping he would be fit to face Chelsea

I still think even without Torres, we can still get a result against them. If he plays Kuyt or Babel up-front that is, Kuyt always get important goal's for us, and against big team's, so I'm sure if he did play? He would get 1 or 2.

And it will be our last game at home this season, and after a poor season I'm sure the club will want there home fan's to be happy going home, so that will motivate the game I think.

I'm happy about this if it means he misses out on the WC.

I'm happy about this if it means he misses out on the WC.
Does it?:O I thought they werent sure yet.

Doesn't really bother me is he's gone for the world cup, I'd rather the best players play at the world cup and it's not like he's spains only decent player.:O

Does it?:O I thought they werent sure yet.

Doesn't really bother me is he's gone for the world cup, I'd rather the best players play at the world cup and it's not like he's spains only decent player.:O
they say it'll take 6 weeks to recover, so he should make it

says on sky web page he should be in perfect condition for wc great news:(

Back