Torres puts Hodgson talks on hold

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 1K
The only thing why I would like him to stay is because he is Liverpools number 9:)

Well. he aint going to fly home from south africa 2 days before a WC semi, to say

"Hello Roy"

"Whats the plan for the future then"

./ Thread

To be honest, he's not going to hold talks in the middle of the WC is he ?

Just wait until Spain exit or the WC ends, then talks will probably happen !

Well done BBC you managed to make a story out of nothing.

Also why on earth would Torres want to sign for Man City? LOL.

I think its the end of Torres at Liverpool

Fernando Torres's agent has hinted his client may leave Liverpool for another Premier League club.

The Spanish striker, who is yet to score a goal and has looked sluggish in South Africa, has been linked with moves to back to Spain in recent weeks, but José Antonio Martín ruled that possibility out.

"Barcelona have signed David Villa and now they want to invest the money they have in other players," he told The Daily Mail.

However, Martin refused to commit his player to Liverpool.

"It is very likely that Fernando Torres will stay in the Premier League, but I cannot say that it will be with Liverpool.

"We are working on his future but right now you cannot guarantee that he will stay with the English club."

Chelsea have repeatedly been linked with a move for the forward, while Manchester City are the only other realistic rivals for his signature in England.

For his own part, Torres has put questions about his future on hold until after the World Cup.

On the appointment of Roy Hodgson as Liverpool manager, he said: "I was happy he (Hodgson) got the job. I haven't had a chat with him yet but I will talk with him soon and we will see his ideas about the future.

"For now, my future is here. South Africa and the World Cup is too important to think about things after that.

"I have a very important week still here and after that I will have time to talk with him and talk about my future".

He has never been loyal so why would he now. If you get a good offer ust take it and run.

Slight problem is that Martin is no longer his agent, although he's still registered as being an agent and still works for the same company as Torres' current agent. Daily Fail article AC1.

Until Torres gets back from World Cup, I'd be exceptionally surprised if any decision was taken either way.

I honestly don't see him leaving, unless L'Pool need him to leave financially. I don't think he's the sort of player who'd just clear from a club, when things get tough.

Plus if it's Man City looking for him, then they're dreaming.

He has never been loyal so why would he now. If you get a good offer ust take it and run.

He captained his boyhood club and stayed with them for a season or two longer than he could have, what with all the reported money being thrown at him by Man Utd, Chelsea and Barca. Not once have i seen him try to engineer a move away from Liverpool, they are a club he supports. He wore a ''you'll never walk alone'' armband when he was skipper of Athletico.

So to say hes never been loyal is probably a point you are going to have to justify. Coupled with Zebs point that Martin isnt his agent anymore means your post isnt valid.

just a rumour but i heard that chelski are about to sign aguero which give money to athletico to buy him back somthing like 40mill for each deal probley bollocks just thought i id say.

From Sky:

Fernando Torres' agent has denied making the comments published in the English press on Monday regarding the striker's future at Liverpool.

Agent Jose Antonio Martin reportedly refused to commit the Spain forward's long-term future to Anfield and indicated he could move to another Premier League club.

But Martin insists he did not make the remarks and is adamant 26-year-old Torres, who is contracted at Liverpool until 2013, will remain with the Reds.

"For many months I have not spoken to the England press because their quotes are totally false," said Martin.

"Now is not the moment to speak about this issue because Torres is focused completely on his work for Spain.

"After the World Cup (player-agency company) Bahia Internacional will possibly meet with the player but the truth is that Fernando has signed a deal with Liverpool which is for the present and the future."

It was also rumoured that Torres was set for a make-or-break meeting with Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson in the coming days to discuss his future, but Bahia Internacional sources have dismissed this claim as "simple speculation".

He's stll not Torres' agent any more on a day-to-day level.

Back